**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This poster has been following this thread and his post just throws salt in a wound. That's simply insensitive.
Could you maybe have taken it a bit too personal? They posted an opinion that was different than yours but it was not throwing salt in the wound or being insensitive at all. I think if you were to step back and view it from neutral ground you might be able to see that but you are a bit close too this because you are really bothered by this so you took the difference of opinion as an affront and I just don't think it was intended that way at all.

Last edited:
This poster has been following this thread and his post just throws salt in a wound. That's simply insensitive.
I have been following this thread since the day it was created and replaced the previous Star Wars Weekend thread. It was originally created to provide information for the 2016 Star Wars Weekend, which never happened, but since Disney decided to offer additional Star Wars experiences throughout Hollywood Studios, I have found this thread to be a wonderful source of information. No posts I have made in this thread were done with any thought of malice and I have made it a point to read each and every post throughout the past couple of years, so I can stay informed on all matters in this area. I recently returned from my vacation and this was just my way of providing a counterpoint to the point others have made throughout the past couple of months. I know a number of people have used this thread as a way of knowing when the tour dates opened up and I thought this might provide some additional information that would make a decision to go with or not go with the tour easier. I myself was looking for opinions like these just 3-4 months ago when I was investigating the tour. I take offense at your insinuation and await your apology.

Sharing my 2 cents...

• If I did the tour, I would very highly prize a chance to get into the reserved area first -- absolutely!! That's the main reason why we do the dessert party -- the fireworks/show view.
  • If I did only the dessert party, I would have been REALLY ANNOYED that others got in that section first IF I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT AHEAD OF TIME.
My feeling is that it is a fair perk to give tour-goers, but there should be FULL DISCLOSURE to those doing only the dessert party. I would only choose to do the dessert party on a NON-TOUR evening, personally.
This makes perfect sense. And I agree with both bullet points. It all boils down to disclosure, really.

In the practice of taking money for an event no one else can attend unless they pay for it. It is a common, natural assumption, and therefore a legal point, that price factors in the perception of exclusivity when advertising. The quibble isn't over if tour guest should be allowed in; but whether Disney advertised another group would have first and best access to the party at the point of sale to non-tour guests.
Agree with you 100%. Disney should let dessert party goers know that on Tour days the tour group will have 1st access, but that they will not cut into the regular dessert party times. This should be disclosed on the dessert party page, again, I don't remember if you did or not, I hope you contacted Disney about this. The more guest feedback they have the better they will be able to serve

@NuJoy Lesley Wake posted before kchuck did, and she talked about guest relations contacting her back after she emailed them about this issue... kchuck's post was in response to that one so he/she did not rehash the subject

As someone considering the dessert party (and neutral)
I appreciate both posts about the tour getting early access. I don't see it as pouring salt in a wound, just offering a counter point. It would be no different than someone posting on a thread how Mission Space makes them sick and it's horrible and to not ride it and then someone else saying they never get sick and it's the best thrill and be everyone should try it.
I feel more informed because of BOTH sides.

I'd like to reiterate that 99% of the time, everyone gets in at least 15 minutes early so nothing in that regard is taken away on tour nights.

The majority of guests will not be impacted if they attend on a tour night. That's because most people think that the party begins at the advertised posted time, but it doesn't. 99% of the time, all guests are allowed in at least 15 minutes early. That means that by the time most people check in, the more desirable tables are gone whether it's a tour group night or not. It's those that get in line super early who will be impacted by the tour group being allowed in earlier. Instead of being first in line, they become 41st. After that, it doesn't much matter.

Did I confuse everyone? Good, mission accomplished. Yell at me on Sunday night.

As someone considering the dessert party (and neutral)
I appreciate both posts about the tour getting early access. I don't see it as pouring salt in a wound, just offering a counter point. It would be no different than someone posting on a thread how Mission Space makes them sick and it's horrible and to not ride it and then someone else saying they never get sick and it's the best thrill and be everyone should try it.
I feel more informed because of BOTH sides.
Thank you. This is where I was coming from too. I was trying to see both sides also and trying to be better informed (the exact purpose of DisBoards) as someone considering this event
I appreciate the posts on both sides

Thank you. This is where I was coming from too. I was trying to see both sides also and trying to be better informed (the exact purpose of DisBoards) as someone considering this event
I appreciate the posts on both sides
Angi, I know you were soliciting opinions on the tour a few pages back and I didn't get a chance to respond. We did the tour on a Saturday in June and the family really enjoyed it. We are a family of 4, with 9 and 6 year old boys who love Star Wars. We have done all of the activities at HS several times, so nothing on the tour was new to us, but the guides did a very nice job of adding value to all of the activities. My 9 year old especially enjoyed walking with the guide and discussing his love for all things Star Wars with her. The 6 year old did have issues with the earpiece provided because of his size, but they were able to replace it with standard headphones. My kids aren't fond of earbuds, but the whisper devices appeared to support a standard headphone plug, so you would be able to use your own if you preferred. Our tour was during the time when the stage show was not going on, so it was replaced with a M&G featuring Darth Vader. Also, we felt like they did a fantastic job with "unscheduled" interactions, as we ran into Boba Fett while waiting around for the sign up process and then encountered storm troopers at several points throughout the tour. Dinner at Backlot was great, with the reserved seating and the fact that our meals were delivered to us (who doesn't enjoy that?). Our favorite interaction was the storm troopers showing up during dinner and they spent considerable time making the rounds to each table and seemingly having a good interaction with anyone who was willing to play along. My 6 year old, who has a mischievous streak in him, decided to point out the door and say to the troopers, "The Rebels went that way!". The troopers took a few steps, then turned around and said "Wait, I'm going to need to see your identification". He got a real kick out of that and it has been his favorite story to tell from the entire trip. The only area where I felt like they could do something different would be on Star Tours. They take you through the handicapped entrance and spend time explaining portions of the ride and it's creation to you, then you ride it, but it would have been nice to have them present up a "bonus" ride after the 1st one, where we could just stay seated and ride it all over again with different scenes being guaranteed. We rode it 7 times throughout our vacation and we got the Coruscant scene every darn time! During our tour we did encounter one issue, and that was Jedi Training getting rained out about 30 seconds into it. The guides did a WONDERFUL job of touching base with all parties involved during the dessert party and made sure everyone was happy with their resolution. In our case, since we did the tour early in the trip, we had another planned HS day and they just pre-signed up the kids for JT at the time we chose, so no rope drop dash was necessary. All in all, it was not something I would do every time I go, but it WAS something I would recommend to anyone who has a love of Star Wars like our family does. I hope this helps anyone thinking about signing up for the tour.

Angi, I know you were soliciting opinions on the tour a few pages back and I didn't get a chance to respond. We did the tour on a Saturday in June and the family really enjoyed it. We are a family of 4, with 9 and 6 year old boys who love Star Wars. We have done all of the activities at HS several times, so nothing on the tour was new to us, but the guides did a very nice job of adding value to all of the activities. My 9 year old especially enjoyed walking with the guide and discussing his love for all things Star Wars with her. The 6 year old did have issues with the earpiece provided because of his size, but they were able to replace it with standard headphones. My kids aren't fond of earbuds, but the whisper devices appeared to support a standard headphone plug, so you would be able to use your own if you preferred. Our tour was during the time when the stage show was not going on, so it was replaced with a M&G featuring Darth Vader. Also, we felt like they did a fantastic job with "unscheduled" interactions, as we ran into Boba Fett while waiting around for the sign up process and then encountered storm troopers at several points throughout the tour. Dinner at Backlot was great, with the reserved seating and the fact that our meals were delivered to us (who doesn't enjoy that?). Our favorite interaction was the storm troopers showing up during dinner and they spent considerable time making the rounds to each table and seemingly having a good interaction with anyone who was willing to play along. My 6 year old, who has a mischievous streak in him, decided to point out the door and say to the troopers, "The Rebels went that way!". The troopers took a few steps, then turned around and said "Wait, I'm going to need to see your identification". He got a real kick out of that and it has been his favorite story to tell from the entire trip. The only area where I felt like they could do something different would be on Star Tours. They take you through the handicapped entrance and spend time explaining portions of the ride and it's creation to you, then you ride it, but it would have been nice to have them present up a "bonus" ride after the 1st one, where we could just stay seated and ride it all over again with different scenes being guaranteed. We rode it 7 times throughout our vacation and we got the Coruscant scene every darn time! During our tour we did encounter one issue, and that was Jedi Training getting rained out about 30 seconds into it. The guides did a WONDERFUL job of touching base with all parties involved during the dessert party and made sure everyone was happy with their resolution. In our case, since we did the tour early in the trip, we had another planned HS day and they just pre-signed up the kids for JT at the time we chose, so no rope drop dash was necessary. All in all, it was not something I would do every time I go, but it WAS something I would recommend to anyone who has a love of Star Wars like our family does. I hope this helps anyone thinking about signing up for the tour.
Thanks you! Great info. I'm still heavily considering this. Also toying with repeating Savor the Savanna at AK again (my treat I did last year on my birthday) or doing Wild Africa Trek instead. We won't do both SW Tour and an AK Tour so I have to decide on one. I think AK may win out simply because I know DGD would love the SW Tour too, and we'd get to do the JTA portion if we did it on one of her trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter