**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So, our last and only dessert party was the Star Wars party during SWW 2015. We greatly enjoyed DJ Lobot's SW music mix during the party. As we prepare for late November, we anticipate SWaGS to be black, but still to hopefully do JBJB and FEA. To is, the music helped with the whole vibe of the party. For all three of these dessert parties, how is the music scenario, if any at all? Light/elegant? Holiday theme? Disney music? Jumpin'? Thanks!

So, our last and only dessert party was the Star Wars party during SWW 2015. We greatly enjoyed DJ Lobot's SW music mix during the party. As we prepare for late November, we anticipate SWaGS to be black, but still to hopefully do JBJB and FEA. To is, the music helped with the whole vibe of the party. For all three of these dessert parties, how is the music scenario, if any at all? Light/elegant? Holiday theme? Disney music? Jumpin'? Thanks!
SWW and DJ Lobot :(
SWaGS dessert party will be SW music inside LB
JBJB desssert party is holiday themed music with projections on the Chinese Theater of snow falling
FEA is the regular pre Illuminations music

So, when JBJB and FEA open up, are they bookable online at 6 am, or only over the phone at 7 am? I assume payment is due at time of booking, yes?

So, when JBJB and FEA open up, are they bookable online at 6 am, or only over the phone at 7 am? I assume payment is due at time of booking, yes?
They tend to open booking at random times not necessarily in the morning. But you can book both online once it does

I can’t believe we haven’t done this yet, but it always starts a bit too late for us early birds! We are finally booked for October as it starts at 7pm that night. We did the FEA party in June, so this will round out the collection ;).

Question: DHS closes at 8pm the night we are there, and the DVC party is the same night (we plan on attending). This might be overly specific, but will they make us exit the park after the show and then come back in for the DVC event or can we stay inside? This probably a question for the DVC organizers, but I’m just wondering how strict the event staff has to be about clearing the area and the park. I am just trying to keep it smooth for a kid who doesn’t usually stay up later. Apologies if this has no place in this thread :flower3:

I can’t believe we haven’t done this yet, but it always starts a bit too late for us early birds! We are finally booked for October as it starts at 7pm that night. We did the FEA party in June, so this will round out the collection ;).

Question: DHS closes at 8pm the night we are there, and the DVC party is the same night (we plan on attending). This might be overly specific, but will they make us exit the park after the show and then come back in for the DVC event or can we stay inside? This probably a question for the DVC organizers, but I’m just wondering how strict the event staff has to be about clearing the area and the park. I am just trying to keep it smooth for a kid who doesn’t usually stay up later. Apologies if this has no place in this thread :flower3:
You’ll likely have to at least return to the front of the park to pick up your tickets for the DVC event. When we did the TL night in June, we weren’t able to pick up our wristbands until 30 minutes prior to the start of the event at the entrance of TL (or 90 minutes prior at our resort). Also, is there a gap between park closing at the start of the event? Our registration email read:
  • Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park daily operating hours will be 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, the park will reopen for Members and special guests at 8:00 pm, please plan accordingly.
To me, that would mean no one could stay inside the park during the changeover, but I suspect the gap won’t be as large at HS. Either way, your registration email will likely outline all of this for you :)

You’ll likely have to at least return to the front of the park to pick up your tickets for the DVC event. When we did the TL night in June, we weren’t able to pick up our wristbands until 30 minutes prior to the start of the event at the entrance of TL (or 90 minutes prior at our resort). Also, is there a gap between park closing at the start of the event? Our registration email read:
  • Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park daily operating hours will be 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, the park will reopen for Members and special guests at 8:00 pm, please plan accordingly.
To me, that would mean no one could stay inside the park during the changeover, but I suspect the gap won’t be as large at HS. Either way, your registration email will likely outline all of this for you :)

Thanks! When we did the AK one last time, we picked up our wristbands in the afternoon, so I was curious. But enough derailing of the thread! I’m excited to finally see this show as I’ve only ever seen the higher fireworks from the balcony of BWV.

Hey all, I've only recently discovered the dessert parties (i know, i know) but noticed that the SW one appears to be sold out for every single date through October. It's odd though as I checked 2 days ago and every day I clicked in Aug, Sept and Oct seemed to have availability but today every one is unavailable. A friend told me the site had all kinds of issues today with their fastpass selections so maybe it's that? Does anyone know if they're in fact sold out?

We did this dessert party last night and LOVED it...
but right at the end of the show the sound went out.. disappointing but still a great party.
The desserts and savories were delish- especially the frozen Nutella mouse stuff, and the drinks were Potent!
It was lovely to not have to spend any time staking out a spot for the show, but as others have said- the seating is really too close.
Lots of fireworks and lasers and we would do it again in a heartbeat.
And we got Captain Phasma steins :darth::chewy: and met Chewie and Kylo Ren with almost no wait. It was great!

Hey all, I've only recently discovered the dessert parties (i know, i know) but noticed that the SW one appears to be sold out for every single date through October. It's odd though as I checked 2 days ago and every day I clicked in Aug, Sept and Oct seemed to have availability but today every one is unavailable. A friend told me the site had all kinds of issues today with their fastpass selections so maybe it's that? Does anyone know if they're in fact sold out?
I would try again tomorrow. It's very unlikely that all October dates are sold out, either they are about to open up the month for booking or it is a glitch

but noticed that the SW one appears to be sold out for every single date through October. It's odd though as I checked 2 days ago and every day I clicked in Aug, Sept and Oct seemed to have availability but today every one is unavailable. A friend told me the site had all kinds of issues today with their fastpass selections so maybe it's that? Does anyone know if they're in fact sold out?
I'm at the SW party frequently and it's hardly ever sold out. Keep trying.

So this has nothing to do with the party, other than I plan on wearing it to the party, but I figured this was the best place to find all the Star Wars fans on the DIS :) I'm looking for a Star Wars birthday shirt for me - bonus points if it mentions turning 40. I've seen the "May the 40th be with you" but other than that, everything else is for kids. Anybody know of any fun or cute Star Wars birthday shirts for adults out there?

So this has nothing to do with the party, other than I plan on wearing it to the party, but I figured this was the best place to find all the Star Wars fans on the DIS :) I'm looking for a Star Wars birthday shirt for me - bonus points if it mentions turning 40. I've seen the "May the 40th be with you" but other than that, everything else is for kids. Anybody know of any fun or cute Star Wars birthday shirts for adults out there?

You can probably find someone on Etsy to make one for you! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter