***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

They haven't announced how anything will work yet. :( Less than 4 weeks from opening now and I wish they'd tell us SOMETHING!

One of the big differences I see between DL and WDW is that many going to WDW had trips planned long before the opening date was announced so we often don't have as much flexibility as those going to DL do as I hear many of those people are locals.

It would be nice to find out how they plan to handle entry into the land. Will there be a vitual queue? If so, when can we sign up? Many going to WDW already have dining reservations (ADRs) and FastPasses booked so it changes how things work in WDW compared to DL.

I just wish Disney would recognize this and give us an indication of what (if anything) they plan to do about gaining access to SWGE. Even if it's first come, first served then get in line, I'd just rather know that. Wish they would announce something official!

Was today a media preview? I'm seeing some photos/videos from a site I believe I'm not supposed to link here.

Got some info on fp ratios
first phase (less busy) will be 4 fp to 1 standby
second phase 25 fp to 1 standby
third phase (very busy) will be 80 fp to 1 standby
Also single rider queue will open with land opening (not sure about preview) kids ages 6 or younger are not allowed to go through single rider because you will be separated
Wheelchairs cannot go through single rider because it has stairs

maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I am struggling to understand how this would function

Don't they always give out the same number of FPs per hour and have that set 60+ days in advance? So no matter how crowded it is during a given day they still need to cycle X number of FP through every hour (1,000 or whatever it would be). So whether you let 4 to 1 through, you still need to get that same 1,000 FP people through every hour

Unless they mean when less busy they will be running less turntables or something? Otherwise the ride has a fixed throughput per hour and so many known FPs to use during that hour meaning the same number of non-FP is always available every hour no matter the crowds, right?

or am I missing something?

maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I am struggling to understand how this would function

Don't they always give out the same number of FPs per hour and have that set 60+ days in advance? So no matter how crowded it is during a given day they still need to cycle X number of FP through every hour (1,000 or whatever it would be). So whether you let 4 to 1 through, you still need to get that same 1,000 FP people through every hour

Unless they mean when less busy they will be running less turntables or something? Otherwise the ride has a fixed throughput per hour and so many known FPs to use during that hour meaning the same number of non-FP is always available every hour no matter the crowds, right?

or am I missing something?
I haven't really stopped to think about it. I was told this by my CM friend working the attraction

Has there been any talk or update on the Play Disney Parks Datapad being live during these previews? I know initially Disney said "not at this time" but things change.

This is how fp operates, which is why I keep saying that the attraction without fp will make the standby line go faster because there's no stop and go on it

I get that, but my point is the ratios seem backwards, unless they release MORE fp availability for busy days. Because if there aren’t more people with FP, then on a busy day there will be the same number of people in the FP line and MORE people in the standby line. So why would you give even more priority to the FP line? Maybe I’m missing something or my brain just isn’t processing what you’re saying right.

I get that, but my point is the ratios seem backwards, unless they release MORE fp availability for busy days. Because if there aren’t more people with FP, then on a busy day there will be the same number of people in the FP line and MORE people in the standby line. So why would you give even more priority to the FP line? Maybe I’m missing something or my brain just isn’t processing what you’re saying right.
FP is always given priority. You move the FP line faster than you would the standby line. The purpose of FP is to spread the crowds throughout the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter