Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

I have heard reports of them charging ADULT 2 TS for a child's meal at both reservations, when using the dining plan. Is there any validity to this?? Does anyone have experience that did the meals today?

I have heard reports of them charging ADULT 2 TS for a child's meal at both reservations, when using the dining plan. Is there any validity to this?? Does anyone have experience that did the meals today?

I heard one person say this happened to them, and the manager quickly fixed it.

We went to DHS today and shopped in Darth's Mall. It was TINY!! Anyone who has been in soundstage 1 before, is it really this tiny space or is there more blocked off that can be used for SWW?? I don't understand why they would go from that awesome tent space to this space.

We went to DHS today and shopped in Darth's Mall. It was TINY!! Anyone who has been in soundstage 1 before, is it really this tiny space or is there more blocked off that can be used for SWW?? I don't understand why they would go from that awesome tent space to this space.

It was partitioned off. The area they used today was the queue area to get into the mall last time it was there.

lovethattink said:
It was partitioned off. The area they used today was the queue area to get into the mall last time it was there.

Were they selling star wars merchandise, or something else?

Tips for the SciFi breakfast:

- DD said roaming characters were sent to tables where guests needed to depart quickly and then weren't taken back to their rotation spot. So, if characters pass you by, alert your server or a manager or you will end up waiting or be completely missed. Hopefully they correct this problem beginning tomorrow!

- take a flashlight or light source to help the characters see where/what you want them to autograph. It's much too dark in there for them to "see" what needs to be signed.

Thanks for this....I hope they solve the character rotation problem.

Character rotation was an issue for us. The stormtroopers never made it to our car. A manager sent us to them. Same with jawa, they only made it to our table when a manager asked us if we were waiting for our food. When I said we already ate and are waiting on jawa and troopers, the jawa were brought to us. I'll be writing a tr tonight.

Well that's better. I'm still thinking it isn't the best choice to move it there but hopefully it will work out.

I was surprised to see Chewie doing meet and greets. The line was super short but the kids had no interest in waiting.

We missed Chewie. I saw the trivia on the Event Stage. But it was too hot, so we didn't stay past a couple questions. So we missed the preview of Star Wars Rebels.

We missed Chewie. I saw the trivia on the Event Stage. But it was too hot, so we didn't stay past a couple questions. So we missed the preview of Star Wars Rebels.

You didn't miss much. It was like the clone wars except it takes place about 5 years before (after? lol) episode 4. It was like a couple min commercial really.

I was thinking it was a lovely day, I wasn't even sweating. I'm sorry it was too hot for your DS.

Following Kenny's day of SW food it looks like Chip and Dale as Ewoks are the ones taking the picture with the photopass card in front of the background. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald move from table to table around the restaurant

Can't wait to see his review of the dinner tomorrow. Despite the rocky kinks of Sci-Fi and possibly the dinner too, it's a cool experience regardless.

Based upon his pictures posted on Facebook, I can't decide whether to change into comfortable clothes during our afternoon break or stay in costume for the dinner to "stay in character" next to Jedi Mickey and the gang.

Very excited :)

Do I have to have the photopass card for some of the photos inside the dinner vine restraunt?

Is the photo pass worth it and can I add it on even though I already have tickets?

Am I turning into a troller? If so, is that a bad thing? :rolleyes1 I've checked disneyparksblog and MDE repeatedly today hoping for FP+s for SWW shows. I don't know if they are not listed yet, if I have time conflicts that the system isn't allowing, or they just aren't out yet. I'm leaning toward just not out yet, but the suspense is driving me batty! :eek: I also have some plans this week that will keep me away from a computer for large chunks of the day and I don't own a smart phone. If I need to designate another family member to look for these on MDE while I'm unavailable, I need to begin their training now... Any chance we would have to camp out overnight for FP+s for shows? Please, NO :scared1:

I'm doing exactly the same thing!

Do I have to have the photopass card for some of the photos inside the dinner vine restraunt?

Is the photo pass worth it and can I add it on even though I already have tickets?

I'm sorry Im not sure I understand your question...
for the character meals there is a photopass person taking pictures with Chip and Dale as Ewoks at the entrance, they will give you a photopass card (if you don't have one) and then you can buy the pictures if you like them
There are no photopass people walking around with the characters that go to the tables, just at the entrance

Photo pass is not an add on. Throughout the parks there are Disney photographers available to take pictures of you and your family at a specific spot. Most people associate them with taking pictures with the characters, but you'll also find them around the Castle and other prominent locations.

The first time you have a picture taken by a photo pass photographer he or she will give you a card. Then every other time the next photographer will scan that same card. When you get home you go online and view the pictures. You can buy all, some or none. This is available to everyone who enters the parks no matter where you are staying (Disney property, non Disney property, or your own home if you live in the area).

There is a dining review of the Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Hollywood and Vine, at disneyfoodblog.com ( I'm not going until next year , but so excited to find out more about it- I hope they will continue it!!:-))

There is a dining review of the Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Hollywood and Vine, at disneyfoodblog.com ( I'm not going until next year , but so excited to find out more about it- I hope they will continue it!!:-))

I can't wait for this. We are there in the 18th. Glad they have the lobster Mac and cheese too. It is really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter