Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Scored Fastpass+ for June 7th Stars of the Saga! Sure hope Mark Hamill is going to be there :) My son will be so excited. Also hated giving up Toy Story Mania but it is worth it!

JimmyV said:
Thanks. I know that from other threads, people have commented that driving to a park for a pre-opening ADR can be risky because the parking lots often do not open up as early as people think they do. So based on that, I didn't think that arriving at the parking lot before 7:00 was possible. Is the early parking lot opening unique to SWWs? I think that no less of an authority as Robo has commented on the parking lots usually not being open very early.

I have never been to any other parks before 7 only during Star Wars Weekends. So I cannot say anything about the other parking lot opening before that time

Check your fp+ selections now!!
I just got Behind the Force it's under tier 1. Tier 1 also includes Obi Wan and Beyond
tier 2 has no shows, not sure if they are updating it

Nothing is showing up for me for the first 3 weekends....then again, the 7 Dwarfs train is also not showing up, even as something with no availability. Is there a chance I need to update, or is this stuff not available to offsite/Passholders yet?

Thanks. I know that from other threads, people have commented that driving to a park for a pre-opening ADR can be risky because the parking lots often do not open up as early as people think they do. So based on that, I didn't think that arriving at the parking lot before 7:00 was possible. Is the early parking lot opening unique to SWWs? I think that no less of an authority as Robo has commented on the parking lots usually not being open very early.

yulilin is correct. At DHS, CMs enter through either parking lot entrance and they are always open because CM parking is located at the front of the DHS guest parking lot.

I believe the only park that doesn't open their lot early is AK.

Visit to the Maul FP+ is showing "closed for refurbishment" weekend May 23-25 and can't be selected. Any clue? Ok. I guess Ray Park is not there that weekend.

DisneyFamily123 said:
Visit to the Maul FP+ is showing "closed for refurbishment" weekend May 23-25 and can't be selected. Any clue?

This is because ray park is not there that weekend

Visit to the Maul is Ray Park's solo show. If you're going the weekend with Warwick Davis you'd have the opportunity to select his solo show. If neither of them are there for your weekend, those selections are grayed out.

Should Mark Hamill be at Stars of the Saga?

The celebrities generally are...but of course nothing is set in stone. they generally sign autographs too but Mark isn't going to do that.

yulilin is correct. At DHS, CMs enter through either parking lot entrance and they are always open because CM parking is located at the front of the DHS guest parking lot.

I believe the only park that doesn't open their lot early is AK.

Learn something new every day. Here is one of the threads that I was recalling: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1815659

I didn't read that to suggest 24/7, but now I know!

:darth: Application to become a costuming member of the 501st can take up to 3 plus weeks, if my costume meets their standards. They may want me to tweak some things and it can take longer, however I have been working very closely with the judging bodies so I hope I don't have too much problems. :darth:

:banana: FP+ Ressies fro show... I am so excited I got - Visit with the Maul for May 30th - Obi-Wan and Beyond May 31st - Stars of the Saga June 1st!!!! :banana: The only show I will have to wait in line for is the Behind the Force - Rebels show!

Very Very excited! Sucks that those are our tier one FP+ items, but.... not having to wait in line for shows! I just have to wait in line for rides :(

Stars of the Saga isn't showing available on 5/23 :/ could it be the times got booked already?

There's a big time gap during Mark Hamill weekend between Behind the Force (1:30pm) and Stars of the Saga (4:45pm) I'm thinking there might be a specil show in between featuring Mark Hamill that might not have fp+ availability at all....but this is all speculation at this point

Phooey, just woke up not that long ago and just saw about the FP for the shows. Stars of the Saga is already gone for the 16th (or so the site says). Oh well. Also, booked the breakfast for the 15th. After Kenny's review of it, I decided I had to do it, lol.

I'm sorry Im not sure I understand your question...
for the character meals there is a photopass person taking pictures with Chip and Dale as Ewoks at the entrance, they will give you a photopass card (if you don't have one) and then you can buy the pictures if you like them
There are no photopass people walking around with the characters that go to the tables, just at the entrance

Photo pass is not an add on. Throughout the parks there are Disney photographers available to take pictures of you and your family at a specific spot. Most people associate them with taking pictures with the characters, but you'll also find them around the Castle and other prominent locations.

The first time you have a picture taken by a photo pass photographer he or she will give you a card. Then every other time the next photographer will scan that same card. When you get home you go online and view the pictures. You can buy all, some or none. This is available to everyone who enters the parks no matter where you are staying (Disney property, non Disney property, or your own home if you live in the area).

Thanks guys, you both answered my question. It seemed like you had to have a add on to get certain photos but now I know it is just a card given to you and you get them later online.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter