Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Booked 9b GTY about 9 months before sail date.

36 days from cruise and still GTY. Received luggage tags yesterday with blank space to write in stateroom number.

Will update thread when assigned.

This is for Norwegian Fjords on Magic May 29, 2016.

Booked 9b GTY about 9 months before sail date.

36 days from cruise and still GTY. Received luggage tags yesterday with blank space to write in stateroom number.

Will update thread when assigned.

This is for Norwegian Fjords on Magic May 29, 2016.

Do you know you need to go online and look at your reservation to see your cabin assignment. Disney doesn't send it to you.

Do you know you need to go online and look at your reservation to see your cabin assignment. Disney doesn't send it to you.

Thanks. I've been checking online reservation, activities and signature form every day. I heard sometimes one of the pages will update before the others.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09B - deluxe oceanview
#2. What category and room # did you get? 07A (7120) - Deluxe Oceanview with Navigator's Verandah
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 36
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes!! Received pixie dust and an upgrade from oceanview to verandah. It's classed as navigator's verandah but actually has full plexiglass balcony with a partial solid wall overhang on one side. Just happy to have a verandah!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? MAGIC
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 11am and 5:30pm.
#9. What month is your cruise? May 2016

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A GTY (2 staterooms with TA rate)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5As (10050 & 10052)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 37
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? early June 2016

1. What category GTY cabin did you book?11b gty(interline rate)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10A secret porthole room
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? na
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? don't know
9. What month is your cruise? June

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B (2000 and 2002)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?48
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting rooms!!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 4 and 7pm
9. What month is your cruise? June

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09C - deluxe oceanview
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C (2538) - Deluxe Oceanview
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Got what I paid for but lucky to get two connecting rooms
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? ---Yes and connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder- Alaska
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
#9. What month is your cruise? June 2016

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09C - deluxe oceanview
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C (2538) - Deluxe Oceanview
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Got what I paid for but lucky to get two connecting rooms
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? ---Yes and connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder- Alaska
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
#9. What month is your cruise? June 2016
This is a very good room for deck 2. We were assigned this room on the wonder last year. Loved the location. It was very quiet. We did not hear any noise from wavebands.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8078 cat 5A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. Mid ship and a good upgrade
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Probably around 2pm
#9. What month is your cruise? June

Last edited:
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? 10514 Excellent room on Deck 10 forward! We were super close to adult area on Deck 10, spa and food/drinks!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? April

1. Booked 5B
2. Got 5B room 6082
3. Received room assignment 58 days out
4. Seems to be a nice location. We have been on Deck 5 forward before and we enjoyed that location.
6. Magic
7-8. I was doing online check in on a Monday evening. Room # wasn't assigned when I logged on. When I finished, the room # appeared under My Reservation. I was surprised.
9. Sailing in July.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? - 9C and 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C (2040) and 9C 2038 - Forward Deck 2 ocean view; 11B 6647 handicapped- AFT
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? - approx 45 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? For category 9C: mixed feelings- I like that we're near forward and elevators. Not crazy about deck 2 being under the bars. Then again - they did give us connecting cabins. For Category 11B - they are FAAAARRRR away - but they did get a handicapped room and close to another member in the party with a pre-assigned room. For all of us - there is going to be A LOT of walking. This cruise is our 1st and to celebrate 10 years together, 40th birthday, 50th birthday and 70th birthday - was just hopeful for some pixie dust (more than connecting rooms). But it looks like pixie dust is not for 1st timers..... and not just for cabins.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? see above.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. not sure- only found it on Thursday when I did a random check of my reservation online
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? see above
9. What month is your cruise? June 27

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? very happy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 3:00 pm
9. What month is your cruise? May

I booked 9C for our first cruise on the Magic, today 55 now, keep checking like a madwoman. I am sure this isn't healthy :badpc:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Got an aft room under the restaurant so I switched to a forward room. Didn't realise you could do that with GTY! Half hoping for an upgrade but didn't think we would get one as first timers.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday night/Saturday morning
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? As before
9. What month is your cruise? July

Does anyone think I made a mistake switching to forward? Ahhh no experience so it seemed better based on stateroom reviews

#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A 5502
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Kinda. It was an upgrade, but the location is right above the theater and the cabin has some pretty bad reviews:o
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic, 12 day Med cruise
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday morning
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early morning by 8am
9. What month is your cruise? August, 2016

#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A 5502
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Kinda. It was an upgrade, but the location is right above the theater and the cabin has some pretty bad reviews:o
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic, 12 day Med cruise
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday morning
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early morning by 8am
9. What month is your cruise? August, 2016
Hi - did you try amending your room online after to see if there was an alternative? It let me switch to another room in the same category after my assignment, so I did because I was under Carioca's and the stateroom reports weren't great. Just a thought

Hi - did you try amending your room online after to see if there was an alternative? It let me switch to another room in the same category after my assignment, so I did because I was under Carioca's and the stateroom reports weren't great. Just a thought
Thanks. I did give them a call after reading your post, but they said the only thing they could do was put me back in the 9C GTY. I was afraid to lose the upgrade, so I just kept the cabin. I'll check the website this morning. I've never seen that link before. Very curious I am:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter