***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

If all of the toy story attractions are tier 1, do you guys think that it will be hard to do all 3? You could RD one, FP another but for the third would you be in for a 2 hour wait & no 4th FP availability?

If all of the toy story attractions are tier 1, do you guys think that it will be hard to do all 3? You could RD one, FP another but for the third would you be in for a 2 hour wait & no 4th FP availability?
I think the focus will be on the two new attractions so maybe use your waiting on TSMM with three tracks the waits weren’t terrible.

I would think so. If you are there for a week you could allot 3 days to go to DHS and use FP at each of them over those 3 days. I also feel at first the 2 new ones will be the most coveted FP's but then the saucer ride will fall flat and then Slinky Dog and TSM will become the coveted FP's.

Yes, but then you'd get throngs of people whining that WDW is out to just make a buck, nickel and diming you to death, etc... That happens every time they offer a new option that costs money, I would think the same would happen here.

I think most of us agree in that we wouldn't mind an option that doesnt' take away from guests who aren't paying. Sure, Disney wants to offer something from 6:30-8am at a time when the park would never be open to most guests? Awesome! But Disney changing opening hours to 10am, taking away EMH which is free, and then including a paid event during that time is what puts a bad taste in people's mouth.

That being said i've done EMM for MK and I would do it for TSL. I fully expect an EMM for Galaxy's Edge and that I would DEFINITELY do.

Yes, but then you'd get throngs of people whining that WDW is out to just make a buck, nickel and diming you to death, etc... That happens every time they offer a new option that costs money, I would think the same would happen here.

Meh, whiners gonna whine. Though I do recognize that I come from a place of privilege, as it would just be DH and me (so fairly cheap) and we have the disposable income for it.

I have a question about possible AP previews. My family plans on getting AP's this year for the first time. I thought I read that your AP wouldn't have to be activated to register when the sign ups start. How about if only 1 of your party has an AP when the sign up opens but will have them on the date of the preview. Me, DH and DS all have 7 day tickets we plan to upgrade to AP's when we get there on June 17. I have considered going ahead and getting my AP if it would be possible to get into the preview for my whole family.

Checking the site, looks like Saturday, August 25th is the last day with the expanded park hours. Starting Sunday the 26th it lists it as park opening at 9am but then with morning EMH from 8am to 9am and then starting Monday August 27th it is open 9am to 9pm

Which works for us as that is the week we are going but are staying off site so better for us to not have the on site people in an hour before us

Awww darn! I was hoping the expanded hours would still be happening when I was there (September 5-10).

I have a question about possible AP previews. My family plans on getting AP's this year for the first time. I thought I read that your AP wouldn't have to be activated to register when the sign ups start. How about if only 1 of your party has an AP when the sign up opens but will have them on the date of the preview. Me, DH and DS all have 7 day tickets we plan to upgrade to AP's when we get there on June 17. I have considered going ahead and getting my AP if it would be possible to get into the preview for my whole family.

While this scenario may be completely different, my family was able to purchase Disney After Hours tickets at the AP price before we activated our passes in January.

With Pandora everyone had to have an AP to be eligible for the preview, but for DVC you just had to be staying on a DVC reservation. I don't think you would have been able to even sign up without an AP but could be wrong about that.

Question about opening week logistics: do we think TSL will work similarly to Pandora's early days - a wait to get into the land standby, but people with FPs allowed in at their FP time?

Question about opening week logistics: do we think TSL will work similarly to Pandora's early days - a wait to get into the land standby, but people with FPs allowed in at their FP time?

How long did this go on at Pandora? We go in November. Will it still be this crazy at TSL at that time?

Hi everyone. I only registered with the site yesterday so I am new. Great to be here.
My apologies if this has been asked before. I want to ask about FPs. I know it opens June 30th. 60 days before that is May 1st but it occurred to me today about the 60+14 thing for onsite guests. 74 days till opening is on Tuesday, so does anyone know if the fastpasses are likely to open on Tuesday (April 17th) or May 1st?
Thanks

I called it haha
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-to-be-offered/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q3wo0412180018A

So onsite guests can book up to an additional 14 days after the 60 day window if their reservations are that long (74 days out)? If true, someone might want to add that info to the FP+ FAQ.

So onsite guests can book up to an additional 14 days after the 60 day window if their reservations are that long (74 days out)? If true, someone might want to add that info to the FP+ FAQ.

From Post #3 of said FP FAQ, and has been there since first written:
- Onsite guests can book FPs for their entire stay, for as many days as they have tickets for. The maximum number of days is at least 14—reliable data beyond this number is unclear. Practically speaking, this means FPs can be booked for more than 70 days away.

It is true, Ethan. Usually applies to U.K. visitors because they can purchase 21-day tickets.

The 74-day Booking window immediately rolls for long stays so it’s essentially a rolling 74-day window. It’s described in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM.

FP FAQ ADDENDUM: FP Booking for Long Stays
*I wrote the Long Stay post based on info from a DISer who had a 7-week Stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter