Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

With the overall artwork theme of Mickey in "Americana" outfit holding up a piece of apple pie, I'm going to speculate that we will see other Disney characters in outfits from other countries with one of their "country-centric" foods. Perhaps Donald in lederhosen holding a big pretzel is over the top, but something like that.

If this probably crazy idea is true, what characters/outfits/foods would you like to see?

With the overall artwork theme of Mickey in "Americana" outfit holding up a piece of apple pie, I'm going to speculate that we will see other Disney characters in outfits from other countries with one of their "country-centric" foods. Perhaps Donald in lederhosen holding a big pretzel is over the top, but something like that.

If this probably crazy idea is true, what characters/outfits/foods would you like to see?

That’s a great guess!! Goofy with a margarita?

This is a great idea! Love it!

So I just realized that I can't go to W&D weekend. My DD 21 is also registered and will still go. Any chance she can get me my race shirt? I just emailed runDisney to ask them. Just wondering if any of you had an insight or advice? I am not asking for a refund just my shirt.

So I just realized that I can't go to W&D weekend. My DD 21 is also registered and will still go. Any chance she can get me my race shirt? I just emailed runDisney to ask them. Just wondering if any of you had an insight or advice? I am not asking for a refund just my shirt.
You have to pick up your bib in order to get your shirt. The shirts are redeemed with a tag off the bib.

I would like to enter the challenge and also enter my 18 month old into the 100m race. Can I do this in one order? Any tips on making the process quicker?

Since I have to work tomorrow, I will most likely have to register on my phone. Has anyone ever done that before? Is it a terrible idea not to do it on the computer?

Since I have to work tomorrow, I will most likely have to register on my phone. Has anyone ever done that before? Is it a terrible idea not to do it on the computer?

I have registered for three different race weekends on my phone with no issues!

Registering on my phone has been as mixed a bag as on any other device!! No distinct disadvantage in my experience.

That said, I’m not sure that I’ve done that since Disney adopted its own reservation system (apart from Active)...

My sister registered on her phone during the AP/DVC rush Thursday and she did it fine

I work from home so I usually have 2 computers open for registering and my phone. During the last 3 registrations I've done my phone has gotten in faster than the computers. Other than it's less fun typing on the phone vs a keyboard, it's just as simple for the registration

Any word I may have missed on where the start/end of the 10K and half are — whether that’s changing from last year?

Any word I may have missed on where the start/end of the 10K and half are — whether that’s changing from last year?
Courses won’t be announced until MUCH later. But, clearly changes are very possible! I am sure with a 3 race weekend they want to limit set-up of various start/finish lines. I just hope the half still goes through 3 parks (AK, HS, Epcot).

Courses won’t be announced until MUCH later. But, clearly changes are very possible! I am sure with a 3 race weekend they want to limit set-up of various start/finish lines. I just hope the half still goes through 3 parks (AK, HS, Epcot).
But they haven’t in many past races. I can cite many past races that do not fit the mold of just limiting set-up wrt 5K setting.

This is a move that would discourage those doing the other races from signing up for the 5K in the future.

Unless they’re changing at least the 10K course somehow...

I know courses don’t get released this early. But they just announced this change, so I was wondering if they announced any other changes.

But they haven’t in many past races. I can cite many past races that do not fit the mold of just limiting set-up wrt 5K setting.

This is a move that would discourage those doing the other races from signing up for the 5K in the future.

Unless they’re changing at least the 10K course somehow...

I know courses don’t get released this early. But they just announced this change, so I was wondering if they announced any other changes.
I can’t help but wonder if moving the 5k has something to do with consolidating the locations of the weekend’s events. Since the 10k course has seen frequent changes since its introduction, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more changes when we do finally see the 2019 course maps. Just a hunch...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter