Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Put me in the like category for the new shirts. The champion shirts were low quality shirts that had massive discrepancies in size from color to color. These new shirts not only fit better with longer sleeves and overall length (smaller than champion so go up a size) but they offer better performance. I wore the 5k shirt today and it wasn’t soaked in sweat after the run. I’m wearing the 2017 W&D half marathon shirt in the park and it’s soaked. Change is a good thing in this case. Give these new shirts a chance. No they’re not as soft as champion but they perform better if you value a dryer shirt while running.

I mean, other drivers got there so the roads were open somewhere. There are many signs and the road closures are listed in the event guide. Plus, it would have to be different than January because the course is set up differently to accommodate construction.

I saw the detour billboards and signs up when I drove through hours later. If she was attempting to drive Epcot Center drive (which was all that was closed and definitely communicated) it was pretty obvious where to get off on Bonnet Creek Parkway and turn either to get to MK resorts or ‘Epcot Race’ as the big notice signs called it.

Put me in the like category for the new shirts. The champion shirts were low quality shirts that had massive discrepancies in size from color to color. These new shirts not only fit better with longer sleeves and overall length (smaller than champion so go up a size) but they offer better performance. I wore the 5k shirt today and it wasn’t soaked in sweat after the run. I’m wearing the 2017 W&D half marathon shirt in the park and it’s soaked. Change is a good thing in this case. Give these new shirts a chance. No they’re not as soft as champion but they perform better if you value a dryer shirt while running.
I’m glad you like them and I’ll try to reserve judgment until I have one of my own. But someone else is saying that theirs is pilling where their purse was after wearing it.

There were no Expo or 5k maps in event guide and only a 10k finish staging

There was a road closure map in the Transportation section of the event guide. I checked and looked at it before posting my question.

Well, I'm glad you like them and they fit someone. :)

I was spoiled with the champion shirts as they fit me perfectly, I had no wicking issues with them and they were soft and comfortable.

In contrast, all 3 of these race shirts fit differently and two of them are way too long in the sleeve for me. I'll wear them anyway, because I like the colors for the 10k and the half, but mostly in future I'll wear more comfortable past race shirts more often.

Light blue attached shirt is 2019 marathon, dark blue is 2019 wine and dine half.

Attachments

• 20191101_192445.jpg
    20191101_192445.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20191101_192408.jpg
    20191101_192408.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
My 2 course challenge shirt is completely different from the other two. Different sleeve cut (see shoulder seams), much different fabric, completely different size (just look at the sleeves!).

Did anyone else get completely different shirts like this?

Attachments

• F2D022D6-8ACD-4249-8F73-491A9D6415B2.jpeg
    F2D022D6-8ACD-4249-8F73-491A9D6415B2.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CBABC966-858E-4CF4-993D-E6A1B96BBA0A.jpeg
    CBABC966-858E-4CF4-993D-E6A1B96BBA0A.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
There was a man who went into cardiac arrest by Nemo, getting CPR. Anyone know the outcome?
As I ran by, I heard the paramedic say, “We’ve got a pulse.” I hope that means he survived!
Also, I don’t have the RunDisney logo on the sleeve of my 5k shirt. DH does. :confused3

No way of knowing if it was the same person, but I just saw a news article that a runner collapsed and passed away during the 5k this morning. Sad news.

Well, I'm glad you like them and they fit someone. :)

I was spoiled with the champion shirts as they fit me perfectly, I had no wicking issues with them and they were soft and comfortable.

In contrast, all 3 of these race shirts fit differently and two of them are way too long in the sleeve for me. I'll wear them anyway, because I like the colors for the 10k and the half, but mostly in future I'll wear more comfortable past race shirts more often.

Light blue attached shirt is 2019 marathon, dark blue is 2019 wine and dine half.

yea that’s unfortunate that the sleeves fit differently. This just reiterated that No one shirt fits everyone perfectly.

I’m glad you like them and I’ll try to reserve judgment until I have one of my own. But someone else is saying that theirs is pilling where their purse was after wearing it.

Ohh that could be, I don’t carry a purse so I wouldn’t know?!

No way of knowing if it was the same person, but I just saw a news article that a runner collapsed and passed away during the 5k this morning. Sad news.
I'm sure it was. We started in the back and when we passed by the situation didn't look good. Very sad.

I saw them doing CPR. My husband and daughter were about a half mile back so I quickly called him to suggest he steer her to the right so that she wouldn’t see what was happening. It really shook me up at the time, and seeing this outcome I now feel horrible. So sorry for this man’s family and friends.

Certainly puts things in perspective and makes me feel particularly lucky to be here with my family. All of the little inconveniences we might experience on our trips are really nothing in the grand scheme of things.

My 2 course challenge shirt is completely different from the other two. Different sleeve cut (see shoulder seams), much different fabric, completely different size (just look at the sleeves!).

Did anyone else get completely different shirts like this?
I wonder if your Two Course Challenge shirt is a men’s shirt? Maybe the wrong one was put in your bag?? But that is interesting, do the men’s and women’s shirts have different textures?

I’m hanging out in the corral area between C & B if anyone is around and wants to stand around with some Dis people.

We are staying at Polynesian and this was the first time I learned we could walk to the 10K start line. Does anyone know if we can do the same thing tomorrow morning for the half? Is it the same starting line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter