Official Wine & Dine 2018

Question: My husband and I are trying to sort out the last night of our Wine & Dine trip. We are torn between having a romantic night at Jiko or going to the first Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM? We haven't done either but we LOVE AKL - it's the whole reason we bought DVC. Has anyone been to both? Would you suggest one over the other?

Question: My husband and I are trying to sort out the last night of our Wine & Dine trip. We are torn between having a romantic night at Jiko or going to the first Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM? We haven't done either but we LOVE AKL - it's the whole reason we bought DVC. Has anyone been to both? Would you suggest one over the other?
Ooh, tough decision! I have been to both and enjoyed both. I guess it depends if you want a great dinner at an awesome lodge or a festive evening at HS! I usually opt for food. We saw jungle bam at the AP night last year and I’m not sure I would go out of my way to see it again.

Maybe check out the YouTube videos and reviews of JBJB? It’s mostly watching a cartoon projected on the Chinese Theater with a few fireworks thrown in as an afterthought. After seeing it myself last year I’d choose Jiko.

After having serious regrets about not signing up for Wine and Dine, I was able to find a TA that still had some bibs for sale and I am in! W&D is the only race weekend at WDW that I haven't done, so really looking forward to being part of it this year!

Jiko minus my kids wins my vote every time. Love that place. The moment you step into the AKL lobby the sights and smells are amazing.

Hi! I've been checking into this tread since I registered for my first runDisney 5k, and I'm getting pretty excited! I had a question that I hope someone might be able to help with, I'm travelling with my family, and we're planning on being in the parks, how do you plan your park days? I'm not sure if I should plan on being in the park the day before the 5k with a pool day the day of the race, or the other way around, with a relaxing day on Thursday and a park day on Friday?

Hi! I've been checking into this tread since I registered for my first runDisney 5k, and I'm getting pretty excited! I had a question that I hope someone might be able to help with, I'm travelling with my family, and we're planning on being in the parks, how do you plan your park days? I'm not sure if I should plan on being in the park the day before the 5k with a pool day the day of the race, or the other way around, with a relaxing day on Thursday and a park day on Friday?
If you've properly trained or if you are walking the 5k and stopping for a lot of characters, park day both days! You usually walk more than 3.1 miles on any day at Disney anyway. If you are running hard or are not well trained, do a park day after the 5K anyway. Walking always helps recovery. You can get awfully stiff if you sit around after a hard race. Just plan to move a little slower.

I wouldn't adjust my touring for a 5k. I don't think park days are going to really affect your ability to complete it that much. The hardest think logistically is the day of the race if you want to go back to the room and shower before spending the day in the park. That is minimized for the 5K since it is a shorter race and you can get back to the room earlier. For a half you might not be done before the parks open. There is also the crowd and park hours question. Thursdays are generally less crowded than Fridays all things being equal. What I would do is look at the park you are considering for either Thursday or Friday and if the hours are significantly different go with the day with longer hours.

Today was my FP+ selection day. The first available SDD was Saturday, Nov. 3 in the afternoon and first available FoP was Wednesday, Oct. 31 for a party of 1. Of course it will change in the next few days but just wanted to share. :)

Today was my FP+ selection day. The first available SDD was Saturday, Nov. 3 in the afternoon and first available FoP was Wednesday, Oct. 31 for a party of 1. Of course it will change in the next few days but just wanted to share. :)
Yikes...

Our plan is to book Navi and Aliens and then just play the refresh game (our FP+ isn’t till Sunday and since we’re local APs are only there Thu-Sun) it’s bad enough that as a local you can’t get much good @ 30 anymore to begin with and now even staying on property with 60+ length of stay it still seems to be slim pickings

FWIW we live about an hour away and most of our staycations outside of RunDisney are still spent off property at Marriott Village

Our plan is to book Navi and Aliens and then just play the refresh game (our FP+ isn’t till Sunday and since we’re local APs are only there Thu-Sun) it’s bad enough that as a local you can’t get much good @ 30 anymore to begin with and now even staying on property with 60+ length of stay it still seems to be slim pickings

FWIW we live about an hour away and most of our staycations outside of RunDisney are still spent off property at Marriott Village

We are arriving Friday, the 26th and my FP window opened Monday. I got every FP I wanted at the time I wanted, including Slinky and FoP. If everything is gone, I’m guessing folks are arriving earlier for the weekend and grabbing them.

On the bright side, as plans changed, my California Grill Brunch was moved up to 10:30 from 12:50. Keep checking back. I’ve had FoP open up on the same day.

I wouldn't adjust my touring for a 5k. I don't think park days are going to really affect your ability to complete it that much. The hardest think logistically is the day of the race if you want to go back to the room and shower before spending the day in the park. That is minimized for the 5K since it is a shorter race and you can get back to the room earlier. For a half you might not be done before the parks open. There is also the crowd and park hours question. Thursdays are generally less crowded than Fridays all things being equal. What I would do is look at the park you are considering for either Thursday or Friday and if the hours are significantly different go with the day with longer hours.
If you've properly trained or if you are walking the 5k and stopping for a lot of characters, park day both days! You usually walk more than 3.1 miles on any day at Disney anyway. If you are running hard or are not well trained, do a park day after the 5K anyway. Walking always helps recovery. You can get awfully stiff if you sit around after a hard race. Just plan to move a little slower.

Thanks! I've been training, and I know I can complete the 5k, I've just never done a race before and then done anything much after (or before) outside of my normal routine. We're going for two weeks, so there's no rush to jam everything in, I just want to try and enjoy my time as much as I can.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Acclaim sent an email this AM saying they still had some bibs available for everything but the 5k, and that they thought Disney might close everything out for them tmw. So if you still need a bib, check them out! Happy training!

And now I'm freaking out. We normally come in on Wednesday, but are coming in on Thursday this year due to Halloween. Temped to add it back on, but I probably wouldn't get the rate I booked at anyways.

I think the Dolphin...or it might be the Swan. Most likely it will be one of their restaurants. I went to Il Mulino during SWDS weekend and it was very good. I’m more of a last minute ADR person.

If your solo, we have room for one more at Mama Melroses on Saturday. Or if your not solo, I’m sure we could get five seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter