***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

20430048_10214199128755738_7370899228587132135_n.jpg

Mickey Mail came yesterday!!! 32 days to go!!!!!!!!!! IT IS GETTING REAL!!!

So who is going to be the first one to post info on MNSSHP??
We aren't going to do costumes but we will be Disney bounding.
Of course, I say that now...lol.

We are hunting for pressed pennies this trip too. I found a complete list online of all available. I started making a list of which ones we would like to collect.
And I had the kids dig thru the coin bank to pull out all the shiny pennies...LOL!

So who is going to be the first one to post info on MNSSHP??
We aren't going to do costumes but we will be Disney bounding.
Of course, I say that now...lol.

We are hunting for pressed pennies this trip too. I found a complete list online of all available. I started making a list of which ones we would like to collect.
And I had the kids dig thru the coin bank to pull out all the shiny pennies...LOL!

Put the pennies in coke and they will get nice and shiny. Scary but true....I am in Canada, we don't have pennies anymore to prewash so I will have to just use the shiny ones I get when I am there. :)

We are driving down so no Mickey mail for us. :( Looks like the magic bands won't show up till sometime in the first week of September. It says we have till 24 August to customize, but I did that months ago.

I can handle the afternoon shower but I hope for a majority of the trip we have decent weather. I look on the radar app everyday to see Orlando weather.

We were down there a few years ago and it rained every day, all day. It was a split stay - we snuck over the Universal for a couple days. I have to say, even though it rained constantly, it kept the crowds waaay down. And it was a warm rain, so we werent cold and miserable. We had our ponchos, went on lots of the indoor rides and had a blast. I couldnt believe how much we were able to do. Lots of the rides were walk ons because the crowds were so low.
We did MNSSHP in the rain too. It rained for maybe the first hour, then stopped. The park was basically empty for that entire party! That was the selling point on us doing it again. Not that I'm wishing for rain again, but just it being a special event, the difference in the crowds was definitely noticable. Well worth doing the party.
Still praying for no rain, but i know even if it does, we will have a blast!

We are driving down so no Mickey mail for us. :( Looks like the magic bands won't show up till sometime in the first week of September. It says we have till 24 August to customize, but I did that months ago.

I can handle the afternoon shower but I hope for a majority of the trip we have decent weather. I look on the radar app everyday to see Orlando weather.

I'm in the same boat you are. I think I've got a bit further drive than you do, though. ;-) I've got a friend there now. She said she had to leave ROL last night because it was a down pour. She also said FoP wait time was 170 minutes. She's going to go back on one of her Extra Magic Nights to ride it. I'm not too worried about the weather. I mean, it is what it is. Plus, like PP said, it'll clear out the parks. I'll probably bring a disposable poncho or something every day. I just hope it doesn't rain out my HEA and Star Wars shows. Then I wouldn't be a very happy camper.

We were down there a few years ago and it rained every day, all day. It was a split stay - we snuck over the Universal for a couple days. I have to say, even though it rained constantly, it kept the crowds waaay down. And it was a warm rain, so we werent cold and miserable. We had our ponchos, went on lots of the indoor rides and had a blast. I couldnt believe how much we were able to do. Lots of the rides were walk ons because the crowds were so low.
We did MNSSHP in the rain too. It rained for maybe the first hour, then stopped. The park was basically empty for that entire party! That was the selling point on us doing it again. Not that I'm wishing for rain again, but just it being a special event, the difference in the crowds was definitely noticable. Well worth doing the party.
Still praying for no rain, but i know even if it does, we will have a blast!

When we went end of June we though afternoon rain would be fine, we got it all over the place. Luckily we had done what we wanted to do in the water parks when we got rained out of those and it worked in our favor at Universal we watched a movie as it stormed and came out to Universal Studios being so quiet we got all the rides done in one afternoon. We got rained out of Busch Gardens (perils of free coach transportation we couldn't hang on and ride the rides because of course it stopped raining as we had to leave).

I'm in the same boat you are. I think I've got a bit further drive than you do, though. ;-) I've got a friend there now. She said she had to leave ROL last night because it was a down pour. She also said FoP wait time was 170 minutes. She's going to go back on one of her Extra Magic Nights to ride it. I'm not too worried about the weather. I mean, it is what it is. Plus, like PP said, it'll clear out the parks. I'll probably bring a disposable poncho or something every day. I just hope it doesn't rain out my HEA and Star Wars shows. Then I wouldn't be a very happy camper.

I hope she manages it.
I'm in the same boat, I don't care about rain, poncho on and I'm good. I just want HEA, Fantasmic!, RoL, SW fireowkrs and the MNSSHP show, parade and Hallowishes to be dry and one of my days in MK to be sunny for a nice castle picture. After that I'm not that bothered but I will just roll with it and adapt as best I can. :rotfl:

Ok so two recent developments.

1- I was checking our JetBlue itinerary and our seat assignments were gone. Having been in travel before having kids I know what a mess that is. Queue the panic attack. Waited on hold for JetBlue for 15 minutes and they assured me our seats were still there. Just to not showing on the website?! I would seriously be one of those lunatic moms losing their sht and end up getting kicked off and on the national news.

2-booked our car service to the airport. We need two car seats provided and a huge car for 4 huge bags and a double stroller. Eeeeek. Oh and our pick up is at 445am. A big eeeeeeeekkkkk. Totally going to be a sht show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter