Oh Look, Another Aulani Photopass Question Thread

DVC_Corrys

DIS Veteran
Hey all,
Doing some research on getting the Photopass CD for our upcoming trip to Aulani. I know it is $99. I have some questions.

Do you get DVC Discount on the price?
Can I add the Aulani art to the pics for the CD?
Anything else I should know?

We did this in Jan. no dvc discount and minimal art to add to the pics but still worth getting. We always saw the Disney photographer and ended up with over 200 pictures.

If you don't mind me asking a question on your thread, what are some examples of photo opportunities? Are there photographers on the beach?

tripletsmama said:
If you don't mind me asking a question on your thread, what are some examples of photo opportunities? Are there photographers on the beach?

We didn't go to the beach much so I'm not sure about that. However they were often just wandering the resort, waiting to be asked to take photos! You just have to walk around a bit and keep your eye out. Consistently they were around the lobby upper level, by the koi pond and of course with the character meet and greets. We saw them in and around the pool and lazy river as well. They are also there for every scheduled activity (at least that we did) on the daily Iwa- for example, the family animation class, stitchs space goo, fish are friends, etc.

Hope this helps!

Locations of Aulani Photopass photographers:

-Lobby area (add to Photopass card, I call it "card" below)
-Beach, in water and at beach (card)
-Sunset time (card)
-Lazy river and pool area (card)
-Scheduled character meets (card)

- Aunty's Beach House (need to add those photos by choosing them at Photopass station, I call it "station" below)
- Starlit Hui (station)
- activities at Halawai lawn (station)
- activities at Pau Hana room (station)

By Aunty's Beach house, Halawai lawn and Pau Hana, I mean that the photographers are there to take pictures of paid as well as free activities.

Thanks for any updates to the photopass questions. I'm considering the pass for a trip in February. :)

Thanks for all the info! It sounds like this may be a good value. I would love to get some good pics of the kids on the beach at sunset. That sounds amazing. :)

Where does one pre-buy the photopass? Is it only at the resort, or is there somewhere online you can purchase it before the trip? We're going June 4-10th, by the way. Very excited!

We are staying next door to Aulani (I really wanted to stay at Aulani, but we had enough points for a great deal). Can I get a photopass and have pictures made there even if I'm not staying there? DS wants to have his picture made with Stitch so bad!

disneyjunebug said:
We are staying next door to Aulani (I really wanted to stay at Aulani, but we had enough points for a great deal). Can I get a photopass and have pictures made there even if I'm not staying there? DS wants to have his picture made with Stitch so bad!

We are doing the same.....where are you staying?

We just returned home from Aulani last week and purchased the photopass with a DVC 10 percent discount. Received over 300 pics on our dvd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter