Oh No!! I'm Going To Be Arrested!!

I received a call looking for someone that didn't live here. The man said he had information about a big drug deal about which he thought this person would want to know. He called and left 3 messages. I called our local police on the non-emergency line and when they heard my number and the man's name for whom the calls came in... it was meant to go to the DA's office. My number is evidently close to that number. Not only was he in the DA's office, he was a drug enforcement officer. They said that they'd pass the word along so he could call the guy back.

That one had me worried that it was two drug dealers looking to make a score.

I don't answer the phone when I don't know who is calling. I couldn't be bothered. That's what answering machines are for.

I got a call today telling me my SS number has been suspended until I call back.

I used to get lots of Microsoft calls. They hated it when I told them that I used to work for Microsoft and knew they didn’t call people like this.

My aunt fell for a Microsoft call a few years ago. She gave her credit card number. After hanging up she felt uneasy and contacted her son. They called her CC provider and explained. The charge was removed and the card cancelled and a new one issued.

I had a couple calls come in where the caller ID actually said “Illegal Scam”. Yeah, like I am going to answer the phone with that caller ID. They didn’t leave a message though.

Mine usually say "Scam Likely."

I usually inquire as to what their wearing, then proceed to have one sided phone sex with them. Not sure if it helps them or not but I get a happy ending, so all is well.

This is exactly what I do. I also do it to annoying telemarketers. I let them get through with their spiel wait a second or two and say "so, what are you wearing?".
Sometimes I tell them I just soiled myself and need assistance changing my adult diaper.

A few years ago I accidentally answered a call from Microsoft telling me there was something wrong with my computer. Knowing it was a scam call I said really I don't have a microsoft computer so don't waste your time. The guy started swearing at me. I said something like well I hope your supervisor listens to this call to see why you lost a sale since you don't understand professionalism. I can't remember who hung up. More recently I'm waiting for the local police to arrest me because of an issue with my social security but the robot voice can take a $3000 payment to clear that up.

I've gotten a half dozen or so of those, one ended with "if you do not return my call, all I can do is wish you the luck". So far the swat team hasn't burst through the front door!

My dad almost fell for one of those calls a few months ago. They threatened to put him in jail if he didnt pay his taxes immediately (he always pays his taxes, so i dont know why he was worried). Besides, here in Canada they cant throw you in jail for not paying taxes or falling behind on paying taxes. Anyway, I was at the house, and as soon as i pull up my dad is handing me the phone. He's in tears. The lady on the phone confirmed his name and address etc and told me what she wanted. He needs to pay his taxes and will take credit card payment or an itunes card. If not, he's going to be arrested. First of all, :lmao: That's hilarious. Canada Revenue Agency taking credit card payment over the phone is funny enough, but an itunes card? Wow! Anyway, I asked her to confirm his Social Security number....then "click"....she hung up. Ummmm, ya. Nice try lady. For the record, I didn't know his SSN, but they didnt know that. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter