'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

Phew, trying to get caught up around here, the DIS has been painfully slow for me lately!

Looks like a great Epcot day...despite some poop lol. All I can think about looking at CS was how hot she must have been in that outfit, with the black top in the sun...it's super hot out here today and I keep thinking "this is nothing compared to Orlando in August" lol

That darn TT has been down so much lately. Love your CS pictures, very nice and CS's outfit is so cute!

We love the Seas and walking around the aquarium. The picture of you with your little niece at the Seas is so cute!

Your day so far sounds like a good one. Kudo's to keeping everyone entertained!

I'm with Sienna. I live to eat, also!

That's a great group shot with Minnie! Everyone looks good!

How disappointing about TT going down. That seems to be happening a lot lately.

I'm sweating just looking at ChunkySis! She does look fabulous, though!

Nothing is ever easy with a group that size. You guys are doing remarkably well.

CS was annoyed that I booked Test Track before Character Spot because she thinks her hair will get messed up. But I did that deliberately. :rotfl: #BestSisterEver
:rotfl2: Too bad your plans were foiled with a TT shutdown :sad2:

Sienna: Yeah so what if we just had breakfast?

Sienna: I live to eat!!
Sienna and I would get along very well ::yes::

That, combined with our rider swap passes gave us a nice little stash of FPs to use.
:rolleyes1

ZCFODAIBEUob-UgoAlhBRaEbQufjh34GIvQ1TEg934dnrCFaLZS-OYD3jO7k-sM665NdkPjiyhx_blLZ14_oo4cqH67sz9wtoT3lV_l3-BIMKWIe_X6J4xJbRMN42noEX_pnwjCHhoiiOmO2jGXdKCfCoOAebLHjXv4sn2_U4-p6cnuDAdJKRjMKPH7FmW24n69yz6m2QafqDS8S7q1evmWudYnlaXGqRAF75uNLOdSJB5F6Mg9xeGlUpuk2-Epr6CVRVnDcdfsKfcYNKkrlxd-X16_EA3UnyCEV31awOLMwepwKwFed4aJ5VjMS-eroSwpti9Fr6WAr_em7Y382HQJ5YVYNQSv2f_alAGCuqGmi-J3XMm37sYI0Rp6UwAwaDxpRrgl8Kf0DHD1yhWlSnxfSESwX_yciuPm1PZ_-14Qi-msAD5hk-crr6gAMwLAILjHgKJJ7VY_W5qRR2u4RLwhgG3kNzbvd3rTA3V9_RtWa6JRmgQuZAytVF7HCS-x5p0FW0W1bs-OVlbshJMYmPmwfpnOZz7cD0AnkLmpWgBdB2eBQnXdrtagQ9WmQFMHvujpbIBAWsN6M1ULpNCZUyWW21ekj9C21JU0YgSNAnLQ=w734-h550-no
Kinda jealous of these people!!!

#BestSisterEver:rotfl:
If you can’t torture your sister who can you torture :p
More great pictures I especially like the group picture with Minnie.
The Living Seas is perfect for the little ones to run around and explore. Good to know bathrooms are in there.
I think it great that you all were able to spend time together but also had the flexibility to split up.

Sienna: I live to eat!!
uh oh-beware! my oldest (the almost 20 year old) would get along well with Sienna-she does post breakfast snack, pre lunch snack lunch, post lunch snack pre dinner snack etc! Luckily she is 6'2" and like 140# (she actually gained weight at college!!).

CS was annoyed that I booked Test Track before Character Spot because she thinks her hair will get messed up. But I did that deliberately. :rotfl: #BestSisterEver
I. am. dying.:rotfl2:.

You need to turn this trip report into a photo book for presents for the family, complete with commentary:D:D

And yeah-been there, done that with the blowout poops (on the kids!!:P)

Hahaha I feel this. Short person problems.

Haha, but you're not that short!

Oh my gosh! That's awesome! What a great sister you are :)

Totally! #onlyandactoftruelovecanthawafrozenheart :rotfl:

Woah! I always wondered what happened to the people riding outside when it shut down...

They hang there for a bit and then get rescued!

Oh no!! The joys of travelling with a baby. Never a dull moment. :rotfl:

It was like this all week!

Finally, all caught up. Great update. Love your sister's outfit. So cute.

Thank you!!
She got a ton of compliments on her dresses!

Love the little faces when they're meeting characters :) ....especially the side eye at Mickey LOL

The girls are too cute with their pressed pennies, too!!! I always say I'm going to do that on my next trip and then I never do it! Is it just 50 cents to press each one?? or has the cost gone up?

Thank you!
Yup it's 50 cents plus the penny! My sister insisted everyone bring shiny pennies. Like, she went to 2 different banks to get shiny rolls of pennies because one bank said that their pennies weren't shiny. LOL.

Of course. They should.
"We messed up. We're sorry... but not that sorry."

Always a catch, right?

Well... that sucks.
I wonder how long they were up there?

If it was anything like our rescue mission coming up, it was about 5 minutes of hanging.

Haven't seen that in a long time. I remember how good it was.

I haven't seen it in a while either!

Ew. Been there, though.

So have my kids.

We all have our moments...

I've been a lurker on your TRs for a while now, but I had to come out of hiding to say that you are helping through these last 50 days before my trip! Love this report!!!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
Yay for 50 days! It'll be here in no time.

Ooh sounds like a lot of fun!

It was definitely a fun and exhausting trip!

Oh Sienna! So adorable, yet so poopy! Funny story the same thing happened to us on our first family Disney trip. My DD5 actually turned 2 months old on the trip. We were in Tommorowland and I was holding her to feed her and... you guessed it.... Mommy ended up having to buy a new shirt that day...:crazy2:

Hahaha, I'm sure it's happened to everyone who's held babies before. I get puked on a lot, for some reason! Thankfully it did not happen at Disney.

Did you get to meet Daisy at Epcot? She's usually at the front entrance.

Yup my sister did but we were too busy racing towards Soarin'! I do have a picture with her in February though!

Whooaaa did you find out what made it stop mid-ride???

No idea! It was classified as a generic "technical difficulties" message to us.

OMG her expressions kill me

Haha, they really are funny!

Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter!

This is her "cheese" face. When we say cheese, she smiles like that, it's so funny.

Caylee's worst nightmare :rotfl:

Yup, she was not happy about all the characters.

I guess CS's hair was safe then.

She was probably secretly excited about not riding TT.

This is a cool picture, never knew you could see the track.

Yup you can if you turn around as you walk into TT right before you go indoors.

Awesome group photo

Thanks!

Been there:sad2:

I'm sure you don't miss that!

Phew, trying to get caught up around here, the DIS has been painfully slow for me lately!

Looks like a great Epcot day...despite some poop lol. All I can think about looking at CS was how hot she must have been in that outfit, with the black top in the sun...it's super hot out here today and I keep thinking "this is nothing compared to Orlando in August" lol

Oh yes she was definitely hot but I think we're all used to her looking like she's dressed as an eskimo in 90 degree weather.
Yeah I dont' know why it's been so hot lately, I'm not complaining but I really want fall! I love fall weather!

Still loving the report! Love the Character Spot photos especially!

Thank you!! They photos came out well, and they are actually pretty funny.

Your Sienna impressions are great! She’s adorable.

Haha thank you!

That darn TT has been down so much lately. Love your CS pictures, very nice and CS's outfit is so cute!

We love the Seas and walking around the aquarium. The picture of you with your little niece at the Seas is so cute!

Your day so far sounds like a good one. Kudo's to keeping everyone entertained!

Yeah, TT was down a LOT during that trip, either due to technical issues or weather.
I enjoy the aquarium part of the seas. I love seeing the manatees!
Thank you! I tried my best!

I'm with Sienna. I live to eat, also!

I think we all do!!

That's a great group shot with Minnie! Everyone looks good!

Thank you!! It's amazing we're almost all looking at the camera.

How disappointing about TT going down. That seems to be happening a lot lately.

Yes A LOT. That ride needs a serious overhaul. It's always down!

I'm sweating just looking at ChunkySis! She does look fabulous, though!

Haha, anything for the perfect picture, according to her.

Nothing is ever easy with a group that size. You guys are doing remarkably well.

Thank you! I tried!

:rotfl2: Too bad your plans were foiled with a TT shutdown :sad2:

Grrrr, darn Test Track! Foiled my Operation Messy Hair plans!

Sienna and I would get along very well ::yes::

She does like to stare at people who are eating and tries to grab what their food too. :rotfl:

Hmm wonder what could have happened to all those FPs? :laughing:

Kinda jealous of these people!!!

In a way I was too...but we get our chance later!

#BestSisterEver:rotfl:
If you can’t torture your sister who can you torture :p

Exactly!!! :laughing:

More great pictures I especially like the group picture with Minnie.

Amazing how that one came out so well.

The Living Seas is perfect for the little ones to run around and explore. Good to know bathrooms are in there.
I think it great that you all were able to spend time together but also had the flexibility to split up.

The Seas was a nice way to get out from the heat and walk around with stuff for the kids to see.

uh oh-beware! my oldest (the almost 20 year old) would get along well with Sienna-she does post breakfast snack, pre lunch snack lunch, post lunch snack pre dinner snack etc! Luckily she is 6'2" and like 140# (she actually gained weight at college!!).

Wow amazing, I want her metabolism! Sadly mine is shot. :sad:

I. am. dying.:rotfl2:.

You need to turn this trip report into a photo book for presents for the family, complete with commentary:D:D

Hahaha, they actually have no idea I write these TRs. They know I write about my trips on the "Disney boards" but I don't think they realize how extensive a TR can be!

And yeah-been there, done that with the blowout poops (on the kids!!:P)

LOL I'm sure that is something you don't miss.

that is the direction we set out for at around 8:30 am, maybe a little before. Slightly behind schedule but oh well.

Not bad. You have to account for running late pretty much all the time when you have such a large group of people!

Apparently at Epcot, the monorail line gets dumped out into the general pubic line so we HAD to go through it again.

That's so wrong. You would think they would have something figured out for that situation. I'm assuming for my trip that since we're staying at SSR, we'll have to go through a regular bag check when we get to every park since it only has bus service to the parks.

we all headed inside together to head down to Soarin'. Thankfully still only a 15 minute wait at this point.

That's not bad at all!

We made up such good time that we still had 10 minutes before our breakfast ADR that we hopped onto LWTL with no waits too!!

Even better!

Steve was in his element!

How cute! He looks so proud!

Since this restaurant is so small, I had to split the reservation up into 3 separate ADRs, but they managed to put all of us on one long table, which was amazing.

That's great! What a fun breakfast that everyone can participate in!

If that is not love on one platter, I don't know what is!!! #mickeywafflesfordays

Looks tasty!

It was a fun morning at the Land and I had successfully gotten us on Soarin' and to breakfast in time with a bonus ride on LWTL!

You did great making a fun morning with lots of great memories!

I'm glad I booked Spaceship Earth as an FP+ as riding in the big icon of Epcot is something that everyone should do!

It's not something I ride every trip, but definitely something first time visitors should do! :thumbsup2

We got through the FP line, we created our cars, we got almost to the point of loading, when the announcement came on that the ride was down and that we'd all have to leave.

At least you weren't the people stuck hanging!

Poor Caylee, all nervous about the Character Spot.

Poor thing!

And Goofy was doing some sort of sorcery on CS:

That's hilarious! :lmao:

I went on the app and I think I found us all one for Nemo, so we headed to The Seas which the kids enjoyed very much.

Nice! Yours is the second "large party" TR that I'm reading where the app has been helpful like that.

Sienna drank her formula then had a massive poop which leaked everywhere, so CT2 and Marc had to scramble and take her to the bathroom, plus clean out the stroller.

:eek: I suppose to your readers with kids this is just another day in the life, but to me it sounds horrific! :eek:

We had no plans for dinner as I thought we'd just do quick service but I think everyone wanted some time to sit down and chill so I looked for some table service. The only options were Biergarten and Nine Dragons and the kids definitely like Chinese food so we decided on Nine Dragons for an early dinner.

Awesome how that worked out! Even Marrakesh was booked up? That's usually almost always a possible walk up.

Coming up, more food and fun, and a classic ride breaks down...while we're on it!

Always fun to get evacuated off a ride!

Ok, I knew I was behind on the boards, but 19 pages behind?!? Haha, at least I'm all caught up now. Loving your report as usual. So different with all the family along! Good job coordinating for everyone! I'm happy to see your Garden Grill experience, as we have two ADRs in a couple weeks, one for us 3 and one for the 8 we're meeting - but hoping to all be seated together - so good to see that your group was! Looking forward to more!

:rolleyes1 That may or may not be exactly what I will end up doing.....We Type A folks gotta stick together :rotfl:

Some people have their vices! For me it's having the perfectly executed plan on my spreadsheet and for some it's...shiny pennies!! :cutie:

Not bad. You have to account for running late pretty much all the time when you have such a large group of people!

Oh yes, I got quite used to being "behind" schedule after a while but everyone was pretty good in trying to make it to everything on time.

That's so wrong. You would think they would have something figured out for that situation. I'm assuming for my trip that since we're staying at SSR, we'll have to go through a regular bag check when we get to every park since it only has bus service to the parks.

Yes it's only the most asinine thing with the monorail to Epcot from one of the monorail resorts or the TTC. :sad2:

How cute! He looks so proud!

He was!! :flower1:

That's great! What a fun breakfast that everyone can participate in!

It was really fun, I'm glad I booked this. Sometimes I second-guessed some of the meals but I'm glad I stuck with this one.

You did great making a fun morning with lots of great memories!

That was the plan! :thumbsup2
I'm glad it all worked out that morning! Although Test Track...:sad2:

Yup

Could be worse. Like... hours.

Well, at least it's Disney...at any other theme park I'd be screaming bloody murder, but Disney, I can tolerate, and might think it's kinda cool (I did).

It's not something I ride every trip, but definitely something first time visitors should do! :thumbsup2

I think so too!

At least you weren't the people stuck hanging!

Haha we were left hanging on another ride...but not quite at that angle.

Nice! Yours is the second "large party" TR that I'm reading where the app has been helpful like that.

The app was invaluable. I'm so grateful for technology!

:eek: I suppose to your readers with kids this is just another day in the life, but to me it sounds horrific! :eek:

Haha yeah, thankfully I'm around these kids enough that it's not a big deal to me but even I get a little freaked out by it all. I mean, how can someone so tiny poop so much?!? TMI but it happens!

Awesome how that worked out! Even Marrakesh was booked up? That's usually almost always a possible walk up.

Actually I think Marrakesh was another option but everyone decided on Chinese over everything.

Always fun to get evacuated off a ride!

It is indeed!

:rotfl: Don't you just hate when siblings foil your evil plans?

Sigh...my dreams of annoying my sister just wasn't happening that day.

Ok, I knew I was behind on the boards, but 19 pages behind?!? Haha, at least I'm all caught up now. Loving your report as usual. So different with all the family along! Good job coordinating for everyone! I'm happy to see your Garden Grill experience, as we have two ADRs in a couple weeks, one for us 3 and one for the 8 we're meeting - but hoping to all be seated together - so good to see that your group was! Looking forward to more!

Haha yeah this thread kinda blew up! I really love reading and responding to everyone's comments though.
It was definitely a different trip with the whole giant family tagging along but we had a great time, despite the heat!
Have a great time at GG! I'm pretty sure they can seat you guys together if it's not crowded (and I'm honestly certain that at breakfast it's never packed like it is at lunch or dinner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter