Ohana....soooo hard!

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
We booked Chef Mickeys for our "drive home" day breakfast ....because we wanted to get a pic of the characters with our kids....last time they were in high chairs....now they are seniors in HS!!!! We have 12/22 but its looking like they might still be under renovation so I'm trying to grab an O'hana bkfast....and it's impossible! I've tried countless times to get O'hana over 100 days out with no success...and I've seen some posts where people have gone either very late or very early with no ADR and have gotten a table. Any advice?

We booked Chef Mickeys for our "drive home" day breakfast ....because we wanted to get a pic of the characters with our kids....last time they were in high chairs....now they are seniors in HS!!!! We have 12/22 but its looking like they might still be under renovation so I'm trying to grab an O'hana bkfast....and it's impossible! I've tried countless times to get O'hana over 100 days out with no success...and I've seen some posts where people have gone either very late or very early with no ADR and have gotten a table. Any advice?
The Touring Plans website has a reservation finder. It checks availability throughout the day and texts you when they find a reservation.

Definitely try touring plans! It's free to sign up and it's helped me get BOG breakfast and lunch, Sci-Fi dine in and O'hana dinner! :) good luck!!

Just be sure to keep your phone close by at all times because they go quick!

Definitely try touring plans! It's free to sign up and it's helped me get BOG breakfast and lunch, Sci-Fi dine in and O'hana dinner! :) good luck!!

Just be sure to keep your phone close by at all times because they go quick!
Oh....I thought they were a $$$$$ site??? Thanks!

Touring plans helped me get all my hard to get reservations. Being flexible helps to.... I got an 11:30 on our drive home day - I didn't care lol! I took it!

I don't even think they've released the bulk of their December reservations. I've been on at 180 and many times each day since and have barely seen ANY.

I have had luck with Mouse Dining! You can search up to 6 ADRs similar to reservation finder on Touring Plans!

I use the MDE app and searched for reservations about 15 times a day! About two weeks ago I got Ohana for Thanksgiving day!! Keep trying!!

Today is 180 days for me. When I tried to make reservations at Ohana for breakfast there was no availability. When the cast member checked for the whole week for breakfast, there was no availability. When I checked online for either breakfast or dinner, there was no availability. I started at 5am (6am EST) on-line and 6am (7am EST) on the phone this morning. Is this strange? Was there some damage done or out for renovations?

Today is 180 days for me. When I tried to make reservations at Ohana for breakfast there was no availability. When the cast member checked for the whole week for breakfast, there was no availability. When I checked online for either breakfast or dinner, there was no availability. I started at 5am (6am EST) on-line and 6am (7am EST) on the phone this morning. Is this strange? Was there some damage done or out for renovations?

This is not directed at OP's issue (he can't get an ADR because they are hard to get at less than 180.) But if it is your 180 and nothing is coming up, sometimes for one reason or another, reservations are not released on the 180 day mark. This happened to us with the Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. All the breakfast times were released a couple weeks after my 180 day mark. It could be a similar situation for your dates.

Last edited:
I would definitely use the free Touring Plans reservation finder. It has found the "impossible" for high demand restaurants for our party of 10. Good luck!!

I really think "free-dining" makes a BIG difference. I have another trip planned for 1st week of March, NO free-dining offer yet, and easily got OHANA for almost every day of our trip. Our Nov. trip, during free-dining", was VERY difficult on my 180 mark, only 1 dinner out of 5 nights. NO BOG dinners at all.

Also, the "reservation finder" has A LOT of people subscribed and getting the emails for the same times/days in Nov./Dec. The only time it has worked for me was to notify me that the CP meals were available and they would have been limited if I hadn't got them at 4 AM.

This is not directed at OP's issue (he can't get an ADR because they are hard to get at less than 180.) But if it is your 180 and nothing is coming up, sometimes for one reason or another, reservations are not released on the 180 day mark. This happened to us with the Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. All the breakfast times were released a couple weeks after my 180 day mark. It could be a similar situation for your dates.

Thank you. I will keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter