Ohana.....wow and then some !

This was a place I was REALLY looking forward to, and didn't find anything out of the ordinary fantastic about it. the noodles were good, but the shrimp - and I LOVE shrimp, got annoying to try and de-shell with the grease or oil on them.

We had a shorter trip for us (8 days/7 nights) and we surprised our kids (son is 15 and daughter is 12). Prior to going, we knew we were not doing the DDP and were going to do 2-3 table service meals. We asked the kids their favorite and they both said Ohana.

Since we booked our trip in June, staying on site, our window was open immediately. I looked for Ohana for any of our MK or Epcot days and found 1 reservation at 9:45pm on our last day. Was not thrilled with that, as I know how Ohana backs up, but booked it. Luckily, about 10 days before our trip, I found a 4:15pm reservation for our last night, also a MK night, so I booked it and cancelled the other.

VERY glad we did. Our last trip to WDW, we did both Ohana for dinner and breakfast and both were great. We did dinner this time and it was fabulous! I'd do an early ADR every time to get the food and service which we had. Steak and shrimp were the best I have had in my 8+ trips to Ohana. Chicken was ok, but found a few pieces which were dry/fatty. Service was great and the rest of the food was good as well. Pot stickers and wings were awesome and the noodles and veggies were steaming hot and fresh when they came out. Dessert was a great ending. We were so impressed with the service, we tipped 35% and everyone left happy on our last night at WDW. I asked for lei's and our server brought not only 1 for my daughter, but for all 4 in our family. I asked if he could box up the last cupcake we did not eat, and he did that for my daughter as well.

Ohana gets a bad reputation at times, but I have been overly impressed my last 3 trips in 2016 and 2017. Service and food were top notch on all 3 visits, so if you have been reluctant to go back, I would do it. Make an EARLY ADR !!! Edited to add we went on Sunday July 30th and had a 4:15 ADR and were seated by 4:20pm
you found the key.. go early.

I always go early... I have found that there isn't a single disney restaurant that improves as the evening goes on. I try to get first seating everywhere I go, any service or kitchen issues seem to not happen early on in the night. I feel like such an old person!

Is the food at Ohana sweet? We are going for the first time in December and I am not someone that likes for my food to have a sweet taste and I thought I remembered someone saying that it was.

My dad does not like sweet food at all, very picky about sauces, etc... well we took him to wdw over Easter and our very last meal of the trip was ohana. He loved every single bite and definitely wasn't eating to be polite. So, yes some of the sauces are sweeter and I can't say how my dad faired would be the same as you but I would consider giving it a try. I agree the bread pudding is amazing but i could eat my weight in their yummy salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Enjoy!

My dad does not like sweet food at all, very picky about sauces, etc... well we took him to wdw over Easter and our very last meal of the trip was ohana. He loved every single bite and definitely wasn't eating to be polite. So, yes some of the sauces are sweeter and I can't say how my dad faired would be the same as you but I would consider giving it a try. I agree the bread pudding is amazing but i could eat my weight in their yummy salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Enjoy!
Thank you! We have reservations and are excited to try it! I like for my sweets to be sweet just not my real food lol! Thank you for the response my family is so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter