****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

Can't wait for the Meetup! Less than 3 weeks to go! This will be my second one, and a great way to celebrate my 40th!

@policycobb I have not made a single reservation yet LOL I probably should check and see what we want to eat! As far as I understand you get 1 dish with side items per person for the bonus bites, as it's not an AYCE deal. I wish they had some chicken fingers for the kids (or adults lol who aren't into wings!) haha.

I know I saw the bonus bites info/menu somewhere and now I can't find it. Is it on the OI site somewhere?

We made rezzies for Cowfish and Margaritaville for Thursday and will decide between the two when we get there. We've never had Cowfish and I've heard good things about it. DH and DD would eat burgers (though some of them are a bit much for them--they're fairly pedestrian in that regard) and exchange daughter and I would go for sushi. OR we stick with Margaritaville, where we've eaten before and know what we're getting into. Opinions? Is Cowfish really all that? We also have Mythos rezzies for Sunday afternoon before we head home. Figure the rest of the days we'll eat at the hotel and/or save ourselves for meet-up food!

I googled Orlando Informer Meetup Bonus Bites and found it that way. I couldn't find it by going to the OI website.

We have Cowfish for Sunday night. My daughter loves it there but is very picky. She has always ordered I think it is call Nija Bites Bento Box off the kids' menu. It's grilled chicken nuggets. She is 16 and they have always let her order it after the cut off age for the child's menu. We had Mythos for Sunday but she wanted CowFish instead. This trip is a belated 16th birthday gift for her since she couldn't do anything in January because of COVID.

Thank you! That worked. :) I'm glad they're the same offerings at all the zones. I can see all 4 of us wanting something different and I'd rather not have to go to a bunch of different zones to get it all!

@policycobb I have not made a single reservation yet LOL I probably should check and see what we want to eat! As far as I understand you get 1 dish with side items per person for the bonus bites, as it's not an AYCE deal. I wish they had some chicken fingers for the kids (or adults lol who aren't into wings!) haha.
Surprised they don't have chicken fingers. Hopefully the chicken wings won't look delicious and I'll be happy with my sliders. I'll just have to go to Finnegan's for the chicken wings during the meetup. Never had those.

As we aren't doing parks during the day and will be by the pool instead, has anyone had food from the Cabana Bay pool bars?

Here is the info about Bonus Bites I pulled up from the email that went out.

Adding an extra meal

As you likely already know, our Orlando Informer Meetup includes unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages after the theme parks close to daytime guests. However, our guests have the opportunity to enter before then, and we like to make sure you can enjoy a meal before the unlimited food service starts. (Think of it as a meal before your meals!)

For the first time ever, we’re adding three “Bonus Bite Zones” in both parks (Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure) while they are open to daytime guests. These spots, home to theme-park staple food groups, will be for Orlando Informer Meetup guests only. You’ll be able to visit one of these six locations to enjoy one entree and one non-alcoholic beverage before unlimited service begins.

There are a few advantages to this new perk, which is included with your OI Meetup ticket.

Exclusive access: since these Orlando Informer Bonus Bite Zones are reserved for OI guests only, you’ll be able to enjoy a meal faster so that you can get back to enjoying everything else the park has to offer.

No more waiting for unlimited food to begin: at previous Orlando Informer Meetup nights, there was an hour gap between the time the theme parks close to daytime guests and when unlimited food begins. These OI Bonus Bite Zones will remain open during this time (if you haven’t visited yet) and will close when unlimited food service begins.

Here is what the google search landed me LOL

Enjoy a meal prior to unlimited food service beginning: each Orlando Informer guest can enter one of our six Bonus Bite Zones. This added benefit will allow you to enjoy a meal and drink while you wait for unlimited food service to begin. (Please note that re-entry to a Bonus Bite Zone is not permitted, and you will only be able to visit one location per day.) Each area will be open from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Friday and 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Saturday. All locations will serve the same offerings.

Here are the Universal Studios Florida Bonus Bite Zone locations:
- Sound Stage 33 (to the left of Revenge of the Mummy) in New York
- Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe in Production Central
- Amphitheater to the left of MEN IN BLACK™ Alien Attack™ in World Expo

And here are the Islands of Adventure Bonus Bite Zone locations:
- Toon Amphitheater in Toon Lagoon
- Comic Strip Cafe in Toon Lagoon
- Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous™ in Seuss Landing™

Bonus Bite Zones will feature the following food options:
- Freshly Baked Pizza- Cheese (V) & Pepperoni
- Classic Burger Slider- All Beef Patty, Applewood Bacon, Grilled Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Tomato, Lettuce, Brioche (GF available upon request)
- Orange Blossom Honey Sriracha Boneless Chicken Wings- Served with Celery Sticks and Ranch Dressing
- Vegetarian Pasta Penne Pasta- Tossed with Fresh Tomatoes, Basil, Fresh Garlic, Wild Mushrooms, Kalamata Olives and EVOO (V, VEG) (GF available upon request)
- Individual Tropical Fruit Salad (GF, DF, V, VEG)
- Assorted Cookies– Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin (V)
- Assorted Sodas and Waters
- Bar with alcoholic beverages available for purchase, including our custom cocktail: OIcean Attack

The unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverage service will begin an hour after the parks close to daytime guests, and conclude an hour before the Orlando Informer Meetup ends.

This menu is also available in the event maps sent digitally with your check-in details and instructions. They’ll also be available at our check-in area.

TIP: Restaurants towards the back of the parks tend to be busier at the beginning of the evening. Consider beginning by enjoying one of the restaurants towards the front of the parks.

OK, I made some dining reservations, just 3 so far but there was still plenty of availability right now for the time we are there, so maybe I'll add more or change what we have.

June 1- Margaritaville
June 2 - Antojitos
June 3 - NBC Grill

The kids all want Toothsoome at least for desserts, so I might make one there so we can go relax in the a/c for a bit and maybe have an appetizer and dessert rather than a meal. I hear such mixed reviews on their food. I don't think we will bother for reservations for the meetup days June 4 and 5 since we can just eat a late lunch and take advantage of the bonus bites for dinner then free food later that night. So that leaves June 6-8 for a few more options, and we will def eat at Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron (not my fav) and the rest will be whatever catches our eyes. We all want to try the taco truck at some point, plus we'll go back to Krusty Burger oh and hubby wants to try cowfish. Lots of food choices and we're not even close to being done!

What is your fav place to get a meal?

We went to Toothsome on my daughter's birthday meet-up trip a year and a half ago. I would describe the food as chocolately chain restaurant food. She didn't even finish her food b/c there was too much chocolate. We probably would have been fine just going in the bakery area and maybe getting a dessert to go. She did not ask to go back when we're there for the meetup, but she has asked to go back to Cowfish multiple times.

I've heard reservations are starting to go the way of Disney. I'd like to go to The Kitchen for breakfast one morning but I'm not prepared to pick a day or time yet. I hope we'll be ok!

Thanks Sara, good to know! My husband kinda agrees of doing just maybe apps and desserts, that will be plenty filling for us and we tend to not eat as much when it's hot out. I am not a sushi fan at all but I know they have other options, we might stop in for lunch if we can. I am such a picky eater sadly.

What is your fav place to get a meal?

Honestly, we are so boring. We tend to just grab whatever is handy. We did enjoy Margaritaville and The Breadbox last time we visited and are looking forward to trying Cowfish and Mythos this year. We love vacation breakfast buffets and always enjoyed both the Islands and Kitchen buffets and are sad that they won't be available this time. (I know Kitchen does family style, but it's not exactly the same as the previous smorgasbord).

We went to Toothsome on my daughter's birthday meet-up trip a year and a half ago. I would describe the food as chocolately chain restaurant food.

I was underwhelmed by Toothsome too. Everything we had was fine, but I honestly don't even remember what I ate, it was that unremarkable. Would probably go for some selections from the chocolate store, but I'm ok skipping the food this year.

Who else is waiting IMpatiently for the meetup info email to arrive??? C'mon! :rolleyes1

We love Toothsome. Eat there a couple of times each visit. My daughter only gets the Nutella and Banana Crepes with the Truffle Fries. The Philly Cheesesteak Rolls and Roasted Brussels Sprouts are my favorites. I have also had the Chocolate Brioche S'mores, Avocado Bruschetta, Forest Mushroom Flat Bread, May Contain Bacon Burger w/house made kettle chips and Wild Mushroom Chicken Risotto which were all good. The Fork & Knife Grilled Ribeye Steak Sandwich is a hit or miss. First time I had it was delicious. Second time, it was okay. I had the Pork Belly Sliders that I just didn't like. Probably personal taste. I am not a big drinker. I prefer "fru-fru" drinks. The Macadamia Chocolate Cherry is the best drink. I was concerned when it was sat down in front of me because it looked like a stiff drink. I also had a chocolate martini recommended by the waitress which was also good. These drinks weren't on the same visit. I would have had to been carried out!

We also love Cowfish and Lombard's. The sushi at the RPR Orchard Lounge is wonderful.

@Darrah, Yes, I have been checking my email nonstop this morning too!

Who else is waiting IMpatiently for the meetup info email to arrive??? C'mon! :rolleyes1
Between checking my emails for a notice we've been plucked off the Saturday waitlist and the meet up email, my inbox is getting sick of seeing my face. I saw on the FB page that someone had to cancel last minute and someone else got their notification. Motivated me to check even more than I already was.

Between checking my emails for a notice we've been plucked off the Saturday waitlist and the meet up email, my inbox is getting sick of seeing my face. I saw on the FB page that someone had to cancel last minute and someone else got their notification. Motivated me to check even more than I already was.
Good luck on getting off the wait list!!

ARGH come on email!!! They should have went out at 12:01 am hahaha I am so ready to travel and have fun!

Thanks for the info on your food choices. We loved the breadbox when we went last, so we'll probably stop in for lunch one day for sure. I am leaning more towards skipping the main meal part of toothsome and just enjoy apps and desserts. Probably a better decision for my picky family. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter