****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

I need more info on a butterbeer float!!

LOL from OI website:

The Butterbeer Float is a delicious do-it-yourself treat and is easiest to make by visiting The Hopping Pot. Order a Butterbeer of any variety, along with a cup of Butterbeer ice cream. Drink a bit of your Butterbeer to give you some room in the cup before stirring in your Butterbeer ice cream – as much or as little as you’d like – and prepare for the ultimate Butterbeer sugar rush!

For adults, there’s another kind of Butterbeer float, using actual beer. The best option is to use the dark and sweet Wizard’s Brew stout; we’ve tried this with the Dragon Scale beer and the combination does not go as well, although it’s still doable. If you choose to create your own Butterbeer Beer-Float, be sure to drink it quickly – otherwise, the cream does get a little chunky.

Oh, I'm definitely going to try that float! Sounds delicious!

This is not Meet-Up related, but I'm going to ask anyway because I feel like this a safe space where no one will yell at me for asking a dumb question. 🙃 We have regular daytime tix that we bought online from OI. I have the PDFs. My questions are...

1. I can have those printed as regular tickets at the hotel ticket office (or guest services) so they can fit better in a lanyard, correct?
2. Can the tickets be added to more than one UO app/account? I would like the fam to keep mobile and paper versions of their tickets but I also would like to have everyone's mobile tickets on my app, just in case. (Or maybe everyone just shares my app login? How would that work trying to score Hagrid VQ slots?) We have one teen who is, shall we say, less responsible and I could 100% see her forgetting her ticket AND her phone in the morning. I'd like to have a copy of everything digitally, just in case.

This is not Meet-Up related, but I'm going to ask anyway because I feel like this a safe space where no one will yell at me for asking a dumb question. 🙃 We have regular daytime tix that we bought online from OI. I have the PDFs. My questions are...

1. I can have those printed as regular tickets at the hotel ticket office (or guest services) so they can fit better in a lanyard, correct?
2. Can the tickets be added to more than one UO app/account? I would like the fam to keep mobile and paper versions of their tickets but I also would like to have everyone's mobile tickets on my app, just in case. (Or maybe everyone just shares my app login? How would that work trying to score Hagrid VQ slots?) We have one teen who is, shall we say, less responsible and I could 100% see her forgetting her ticket AND her phone in the morning. I'd like to have a copy of everything digitally, just in case.

One, you should totally be able to do
Two, I'm not sure how this works? I *think* VQ is different than FPs in that you don't need to have all the tickets linked to request a VQ for I want to say up to 8 people? I've only ever booked for myself since I go solo a lot, but I'm pretty sure I had the option to choose how many folks were in my party without having any tickets other than my own

Yes, you can have your OI paper tickets exchanged for regular tickets at your resort or guest services. I did this.

I purchased someone an annual pass as a gift and it automatically showed up on my app. I asked Universal and was told tickets can be added to everyone's app. I haven't tried it yet. Their app isn't that great so I don't know if I trust their answer. Will find out in a couple of weeks.

When you try for virtual passes, you will be asked how many guests will be in your party, it doesn't tie in with how many tickets are on your app. We were able to get virtual passes from our room at Royal Pacific and Portifino Bay.

Thanks all! Appreciate the answers!

IRT the VQ, I was wondering more about if my whole family shared a login to the UO app, would it somehow screw up our ability to snag a slot since we'd all be essentially trying to sign up for a slot as the same person? Maybe I'll just have DH add a separate acct for himself. Who knows? Maybe the VQ will be a non-issue and it will be walk-on! (Or we'll be able to ride enough during the meetups we won't need to bother during the day.)

Thanks all! Appreciate the answers!

IRT the VQ, I was wondering more about if my whole family shared a login to the UO app, would it somehow screw up our ability to snag a slot since we'd all be essentially trying to sign up for a slot as the same person? Maybe I'll just have DH add a separate acct for himself. Who knows? Maybe the VQ will be a non-issue and it will be walk-on! (Or we'll be able to ride enough during the meetups we won't need to bother during the day.)

It won't. My daughter has the app on her phone and logs in as me. We both tried for virtual slots at the same time. Think it depends on the speed of your phone of who gets a virtual pass and doesn't. Once one of us would get one, the other would stop trying.

@Darrah I think each person should be able to scan their tickets into the app on their device. When I go to my wallet on the app it shows a place to add tickets/passes, with a scan bar code or a purchase link. I agree with others about the VQ, I think you can all try with the number of tickets you need and whoever gets it first, score! lol I hear that esp with the ROTR in DW, multiple people trying at the same time, because we know all phones and internet service runs differently!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 Days til the Meetup!!!!

We have 6 days til we leave and 7 til we are on property! I am so excited! This week has been about finishing up last minute things, buying the last minute things, prepacking the non essentials since we still use those day to day. I had to buy some bathing suits for the girls last night and man what a racket! Ladies bathing suit tops $25 at target....just for the top, that is barely there..
..:rolleyes1 We are also bringing extra hand sanitizer since it's not required now and figure the ones in the park will run out quickly. We have some small pocket size ones then a large one to refill each day as needed. I also bought some cup coozies with handles/straps on amazon, they should be in today. I have seen good reviews on them, so hopefully they work well with the freestyle cups. We had 2 from years ago with handles..but can't seem to locate them. Hmmm lol I am sure they went to the trash or packed up. Oh well, new cups and we'll use for all 3 trips!

Everyone else ready????

First time coming to a meetup and super excited! My bf and I are staying at Disney all weekend and popping over Saturday night for the event, couple questions for anyone that has been to a meet up before...

1) What is the longest line you’ve seen at a meetup? Will Hagrids be a 90min wait even during the event?

2) Does UO have a taxi stand where taxis regularly lineup without being called? Or do you need to call a cab and arrange pickup? Thanks!

1) What is the longest line you’ve seen at a meetup? Will Hagrids be a 90min wait even during the event?
I can only answer #1 - longest line I saw a year and a half ago was for food at Three Broomsticks. Hagrids was also long (it had just opened), but the Three Broomsticks definitely gave the Hagrids line a run for its money. We were able to get on Hagrids both nights, pretty sure the longest we waited was around 40min

First time coming to a meetup and super excited! My bf and I are staying at Disney all weekend and popping over Saturday night for the event, couple questions for anyone that has been to a meet up before...

2) Does UO have a taxi stand where taxis regularly lineup without being called? Or do you need to call a cab and arrange pickup? Thanks!

I can only answer #1 - longest line I saw a year and a half ago was for food at Three Broomsticks. Hagrids was also long (it had just opened), but the Three Broomsticks definitely gave the Hagrids line a run for its money. We were able to get on Hagrids both nights, pretty sure the longest we waited was around 40min

1) Same - Hagrid's is more about getting in at the "right" time; mostly that means before they cut off the line for the midnight all clear. I've waited between 15 minutes and 40 minutes for Hagrid's during meetups. Hogwarts Express may have long lines because of COVID protocols (1 party per car); not sure if that's changed recently. Otherwise, many rides are walk-ons or have very short waits.

2) Unless things changed, I'm pretty sure there are some cabs that hang out by the main transportation hub. Though I'm not sure how many folks will be trying to get one at the end of the meetup. I'll be doing this too, if any are available.

Hogwarts Express has started putting more than 1 party together recently if I understood. I watched a vlog the other day and he is normally by himself or with a small group and he didn't show anyone with him, but you could see reflections of others in the windows. I imagine since you're required to wear the mask on the rides, they will put more than 1 group together.

Between checking my emails for a notice we've been plucked off the Saturday waitlist and the meet up email, my inbox is getting sick of seeing my face. I saw on the FB page that someone had to cancel last minute and someone else got their notification. Motivated me to check even more than I already was.

Any luck getting off the wait list? I just saw someone post they got an email they were able to get tickets!

9 days until we are on property for us! (This time next week we'll be in St. Augustine.) Starting to do slowly gather stuff, make lists, think about those weird things we need to take with us. I will be bringing personal hand sani too. Our daughter is still very COVID wary, when it comes to surfaces, so I know she'll want some frequently. Still trying to decide if we are checking a bag or not. That might determine what we end up bringing and what we end up making a grocery trip for.

Getting excited though!! Starting to feel like I should strategize from a food standpoint. I want it all!

Add us to the June meet up for both nights. We are going to volcano bay Saturday and staying at the cabana bay. I’m going more for the food but my best friend is all about the rides.

I understand Darrah! My 16 yr will be fully vaccinated at the end of this week but still is very covid aware and says she won't get in the pool lol but wants to ride water rides where masks aren't allowed/recommended...so we'll see. However, I bet she wears the mask about 80% of the time while walking around when not required as well. We have a 11 yr old who obviously isn't vaccinated so she will be wearing hers a lot as well, she's also very aware. She has some medical issues that require a medicine that causes overheating easily, so we have to keep a close eye on her in general, but more so with the mask. We have a misting fan and cooling towels, which worked for us last time we visited, so hoping for no issues this time around either.

Yay Andrea, welcome to the thread! My older one wants to do VB but then quickly realized it was out due to the no masking lol she's a nut sometimes! However, her dad and I are not really water park people anyway, so I doubt we'll ever make it there. I hear such great things about cabana bay, one day we'll stay there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 days - single digits!!!

Yay we are in the final count down guys! Less than 10 days to go, seeing all the posts about how busy it is, makes me more nervous lol but a busy day at USO is better than one at home, right?? I've been checking the forecasted weather for the next 10 days, right now Friday of the meetup says 40% chance of rain with a high of 88. That'll likely change 100 times between now and then :D but I will take the lower temps!

Food to try for me: Taco Truck, Churros, WWoHP drinks (besides butterbeer) and Monsters Cafe (hoping it'll be open regular during the meetup and not just during bonus bites times).

Rides: I hope to fit on some I didn't before now that I have had knee surgery and I am determined to quit being a chicken (due to a ride mishap as a teen) so I want to try Hulk, Velocicoaster (before park close), Hagrids and I couldn't ride Gringotts/Mummy so we'll see if I make it! Also being a fluffier person, it's hard to fit on some of the rides. I weigh more now than last time, so I am not too hopeful on some of the newer rides, but tester seats here I come! November though, it is on!! lol

Fingers crossed for lower-ish temps and no rain! Where I live (eastern Kansas) it has been raining nearly every day for almost 2 weeks and I am OVER IT. I desperately want sunshine when I'm in the SUNSHINE STATE. LOL Though I know with FL storms, they are usually brief, pop-up showers, so hopefully we'll still have plenty of sun/pool time in between rain.

Food for me: Every variety of Butterbeer and Butterbeer-adjacent items (fudge, ice cream, drinks, etc.), taco truck, donut, the bread pudding from Finnegan's...there were a few others that stood out to me but I can't remember them now so I should probably make that list after all!

Rides: Hagrid's, Velocicoaster (during park hours, yada-yada), Hulk at night, Mummy, JP water ride thing, Gringott's, Spidey...and everything else. ;) I have never ridden the Jimmy Fallon ride because it never seemed worth the effort and then a co-worker told me it was their favorite ride at UO 🤔 so now I'm wondering if there's something I missed there? Ha ha! Also, not necessarily Meet-Up related, but I do want to check out the Bourne Stuntacular since I've heard it's really amazing.

We are getting so excited! Time to start making my packing lists!

Oh yes, the bread pudding is on my list too! I am all about all the new stuff during the meetup I have never had, best time to try it! We told the girls they needed to make a list of must do/must try things so we made sure to do those things as well. It's been hot, muggy and humid here in Alabama, so I am ok for cloud cover and some rain and as you said, it's going to rain every day lol even if only 20 mins!

We've been twice before and I think the only things we for sure have never done at all: Borne Show, Jimmy Fallon, F&F, Horror Make Up Show, Animal Actors, Blues Brothers, TriWizard Spirit Rally, Hagrid's, and Kong. Everything else we've done/seen but of course are going to be repeating them all! Some of them were not even open yet last time we were there, so they are brand new to us! Oh and of course the Velocicoaster ;) but I think that goes for the majority of people LOL :D

How am I supposed to work today and Tuesday? I am ready for vacation!!

Have you seen this? My daughter is going to freak out, not in a good way. She is fully vaccinated but is not ready for it. I'm on the fence.

I also bought the Jurassic World mask to wear with my matching shirt at the meetup. Guess I'll wear the mask to work on Tuesday. It'll look nice with my dress clothes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter