***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

Announcement from OI

If you couldn’t tell by the unlimited food we offer at the Orlando Informer Meetup, we find food to be an integral and awesome part of the theme park experience. Not only does it fuel your thrilling adventures, but it also immerses you in the captivating lands that surround you at Universal Orlando Resort.

Your OI Meetup ticket grants you access to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure as early as 5:00 pm, giving you a bit of extra time to enjoy before daytime guests leave the parks. Since unlimited eats begins an hour after the parks close to daytime guests, we’re offering our most flexible option yet to hold you over until the feast begins!

Each guest will receive a $15 Food Gift Card per night of their Orlando Informer Meetup. It can be used at any food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, or Universal CityWalk! That means any snack stand, bar, quick-service, or full-service restaurant.

While the card is not valid at merchandise locations or Universal Hotels, there are still more options than you can count! You can put your $15 towards the Mythos meal you’ve been eager to indulge in, enjoy an iconic themed snack or two, or fill up with a quick meal between your favorite shows. Guests 21 or older can even toast to the night ahead when they use the card for alcohol purchases with a valid photo ID.

In-park restaurants will close to prepare for unlimited service when the parks close to daytime guests, but this leads me to the best perk of all: this $15 Food Gift Card does not expire and can be used whenever it’s most convenient for you. Plus, if you’re attending both nights of the OI Meetup, you can combine your two $15 gift cards to use anytime you’d like after your OI Meetup adventure!

If you, like me, prefer to build up your appetite and hold off on eating for those few hours prior to the unlimited eats, you can pocket your food funds to use on another day. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a few doughnuts at CityWalk the next morning…

I know, I know – you didn’t think it was possible to be even more excited for your Orlando Informer Meetup weekend, did you?

See you soon… with a churro in hand!

Was happy to see this yesterday. A Food credit like this was my main guess based on the emojis Taylor put out. We booked a reservation for Mythos Friday night after this announcement to check it out.

50 Days til the Meetup!!!

Oh come on November! I am so ready for a vacation and fun, food, drinks and rides! Christmas is my fav so I can't wait to see all the decorations and such. I feel like the June meetup they released more info often than this time around, but maybe I am just skewed on my timing LOL

I was just able to snag us tickets to the 11/20 meetup during the limited ticket drop!

We loved our first meetup in June and are so excited to be able to go again! :)

How exciting!!! Welcome to the Nov group! June was our first meetup as well, it was pretty amazing even with a few hiccups. I can't wait to see the parks decked out for Christmas!

No fishy green ale? :(
OI has said that while fishy green ale is not on the menu, that and the other non-alcoholic specialty HP beverages may still be offered.

If I recall correctly, that’s been the case at all previous meetups: it hasn’t officially been listed on the menu, but it’s been offered anyway.

Anyone know of anything else like that that we may not know about?

OI has said that while fishy green ale is not on the menu, that and the other non-alcoholic specialty HP beverages may still be offered.

If I recall correctly, that’s been the case at all previous meetups: it hasn’t officially been listed on the menu, but it’s been offered anyway.

Anyone know of anything else like that that we may not know about?
Yea they said the menu is just what is officially confirmed but more stuff could be offered in addition.

45 Days! Yay, so ready, we are getting SO close now guys!

I am hoping hot butterbeer will be readily available. In June at the meetup, they were "out", so I don't know if it was ever available during the meetup but I did get it once while there in the day. I see it says hot on the menu though, so perhaps with it being "winter" they will have it flowing and ready! I want MORE! lol

I also want to make sure we hit some places up for food that we missed this past summer as well. I loved Finnegans, so we will def go back there and Monsters Cafe was delish, the pork sandwich, yum! I will prob skip 3B and LC because I wasn't impressed last time. I go more for the atmosphere than food.

What place do you want to eat at??

I've been to two Meetups (Dec 2019 and 2020) and was able to get my Otter's Fizzy Orange Juice from the Hopping Pot no problem both times even though it wasn't listed on the menu :)

I'm saving up for a WDW week + cruise next year so I won't be attending this December :(((

Universal just put out the info about holidays at USO!

Catch the larger-than-life balloons of Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s.
Gather along the streets of Universal Studios Florida each night to catch the parade.
Enjoy festive decor and hot Butterbeer™ in Hogsmeade™.
Delight in the music and fun of Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular starring The Grinch™ in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
Join the celebration as Hogwarts™ castle lights up for the holidays and festive décor brightens up the streets of Hogsmeade™ and Diagon Alley™.

‘Tis the Season to Go Big.

Catch larger-than-life balloons floating through the streets of Universal Studios Florida, along with appearances by the Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me and some of your favorite characters from DreamWorks Animation’s Shrek and Madagascar films.

Grinchmas™

Warm Fuzzies With a Side of Sarcasm.

During the holiday season, Seuss Landing™ is decorated with the holiday charm and cheer of Dr. Seuss's Who-ville. Get together with the resident Whos and put a little snark in your holiday spirit with The Grinch™. Enjoy the music and fun of The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular, plus meet the maven of mischief himself for a photo opportunity at All The Books You Can Read Bookstore.

I hope some of the Christmas offerings will be available during the meetup so have more time to try to catch them all. Or at least a late evening show of Hogwarts castle projections and Macy's parade to catch before normal park close.
Hopefully so! We have 2 days planned after the meetup so we'll at least catch them but I know many who are going just for the meetup. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter