***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

OMG, can't believe in 2 weeks from today, we will be waking up at HRH!!
and attending our 1st meetup!! :yay:

we really enjoyed hrh, esp how close it is to the parks!! I am sure you will have a great time! I am excited to try royal pacific this trip, it reminds me a bit of the poly which I always want to stay at but could not stomach the price!

we really enjoyed hrh, esp how close it is to the parks!! I am sure you will have a great time! I am excited to try royal pacific this trip, it reminds me a bit of the poly which I always want to stay at but could not stomach the price!
I will try Royal P some day.......it looks really nice. and yep, I can't stomach the price of Poly. We normally go for short trips so, I just need a decent bed......we don't hang around the hotels too much.

We almost booked a room there. was debating it as it was a good price with the meetup discount, but was still a lot more than what we had booked. Had CB have an opening though when went to book so took it. Want to stay there or Portifino next time I do a longer trip. Look nice and get to use the Express Passes.

WHOOOHOOOO Just 12 More Days the Nov Meetup!!!

Time is flying by, and I kinda need it to slow down just a bit! I am so ready for this vacation, but have so much to do before then, and I am starting to stress. Eek. We leave in 11 days, and I have a midterm this week, multiple bio chapter hwork assigments due between now and the 18th, and am running out of time. I still need to find our AP's, lanyards, ponchos and start getting things together to pack. I also can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Anyone staying for the whole week? We leave on Tues to head back home.

Time is flying by, and I kinda need it to slow down just a bit! I am so ready for this vacation, but have so much to do before then, and I am starting to stress. Eek. We leave in 11 days, and I have a midterm this week, multiple bio chapter hwork assigments due between now and the 18th, and am running out of time. I still need to find our AP's, lanyards, ponchos and start getting things together to pack. I also can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Anyone staying for the whole week? We leave on Tues to head back home.

We arrive on the 17th and leave on the 23rd but we're staying at Disney the whole time (we're DVC members) and just ride sharing over to UO for the meetup on the 20th.

We are flying out on the18th.....and back home the 24th.
I'm about to start stressing out, too!!! Don't have school stuff but, family coming for Thanksgiving.......and will be at my house the day I fly back in....ugh.
I really am trying to "not plan" much.......like I do for Disney. I am really looking forward to just doing what we want to do.
I'm so ready for a break from work!!!

We are flying down the 14th returning on the 22nd.

We are going to Disney the first part of the week. Relaxing on Thursday, then attending the meet-up on Friday and Saturday nights.

The plan is to do 1 park a night, but taking the train at least one-time. Last year I didn't get my hot butterbeer this year, its my only goal!

We are flying down the 14th returning on the 22nd.

We are going to Disney the first part of the week. Relaxing on Thursday, then attending the meet-up on Friday and Saturday nights.

The plan is to do 1 park a night, but taking the train at least one-time. Last year I didn't get my hot butterbeer this year, its my only goal!
I just had to comment on your username! Thats mine almost everywhere but here! You beat me to it lol. It really threw me off when I saw the notification lol

I just had to comment on your username! Thats mine almost everywhere but here! You beat me to it lol. It really threw me off when I saw the notification lol

I was surprised that was able to get this username as well, its usually taken.

Apologies if this is not the correct place but was hoping someone here might know. I planned a long weekend to Orlando, Nov 19-21, and was hoping to spend a day at Universal. I have Nov 19 on the calendar for Universal right now. With the OI meetup that day, will I not be allowed in the park long enough to see the Holiday castle show on the Hogwarts Castle? Thanks :)

Edited to add: I see that the hours at both parks are longer for Sunday the 21 than Friday the 19, should I switch my days?

Apologies if this is not the correct place but was hoping someone here might know. I planned a long weekend to Orlando, Nov 19-21, and was hoping to spend a day at Universal. I have Nov 19 on the calendar for Universal right now. With the OI meetup that day, will I not be allowed in the park long enough to see the Holiday castle show on the Hogwarts Castle? Thanks :)

Edited to add: I see that the hours at both parks are longer for Sunday the 21 than Friday the 19, should I switch my days?
The meetup does not officially begin until park close, so you will be able to stay in the park to see the castle show. I see IOA is open until 9 on Sunday, I guess because it is the start of Thanksgiving week? It's a tough call, might be worth to switch for that reason and no meetup crowds, but there could be more people on Sunday in general than a Friday.

So we get into the parks at 5pm for the meetup, park closes at 7, so I imagine that the evening may be a bit busier than earlier in the day that day between 5 and 7, but again it may not be, depending on how many are at the park in general and who has AP's and can enter whenever. However, it is the week before a holiday, and all I have been reading says it will be busy, so go in and be prepared. Are you on site in a prem hotel or purchased an express pass? That would help some for sure. I think the hogwarts show is done multiple times an evening, so you would probably get to see it before you leave. It's a dusk until the park closes continuous show per the app. Now all that to say, I would probably stick to my plan as I think it will be busier on Sun as we get closer to Thanksgiving. Either way, just be prepared for lines! Have fun!

Tomorrow is the day for the emails about the flyers tickets! Fingers crossed we get to ride! When my little was the right size, I was scared to death to let her ride since I could not physically touch her.... now who knows if we will ever ride! lol

Meetup Weather forecast currently is:

Fri: 76/66 -20% rain
Sat: 74/63 -20% rain

Ponchos on stand by but hoping to not need this time! Don't forget to pick up your button at the hospitality table in one of the parks! They are free and will probably be similar to the design on the shirt is my guess, but who really knows. The ones last year were cute and matched their theme.

Secretly hoping the AP buttons/magnets will still be available but I am thinking they will be out by the time we get there.

Oh I forgot I made some reservations for some lunch/dinner:
Toothsome
NBC Grill
Finnegan's

The fourth day and other meals we plan to just eat in the parks, crepes, taco truck and other quick services.

anyone else make reservations?

Oh I forgot I made some reservations for some lunch/dinner:
Toothsome
NBC Grill
Finnegan's

The fourth day and other meals we plan to just eat in the parks, crepes, taco truck and other quick services.

anyone else make reservations?

I'm looking for the rare post-park close reservation for Toothsome for either Thursday or Saturday nights (we're only doing the meet-up on Friday), but I probably waited too long as nothing is available. I'm going to keep checking for a cancellation. If not, we might catch a late lunch there one of the days (probably Thursday). For the most part, I think we are going to stick to quick service as I'm not thrilled about doing sit-down meals indoors quite yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter