OK, I'll say it... we are too sensitive

My cause? you really need to take a few minutes to read ALL my posts. Calling me a racist is a unimaginative and offensive. You have no idea what I do on a daily basis. Not one person that has an opposing view has offered even one real solution to the problems in the black community. Oh, other than simple platitudes and insulting placations.

Wait, you think the black community as a whole is dealing with the issues you listed???? How many times to we have to say that we are not monolithic?

Should I believe that all white communities are being impacted by opioid addiction?

I answered you point by point, you simply refuse to acknowledge it. I understand this is an emotional issue for you, I'm approaching this from a more logical problem solving angle.
Ahhh the classic logical vs emotional argument used to discredit someone you don’t agree with.

Actually, what I've been lobbying for (unsuccessfully) is to spend capitol addressing real problems in 2019, not 1931.

How much capitol does it take to take down a statue? It's a minor construction project. If people didn't get all up in arms to keep the statue, it would be done in a day or two without any drama. Instead, some people insist on spending a lot of their capitol insisting that a statue of an old singer (or a general on the losing side of a war, etc.) stay up.

This is an awesome news story:

Arkansas is replacing their two state status in the US Capitol. Swapping out old confederate attorney and racist senator with Daisy Bates (mentor to the Little Rock 9) and Johnny Cash.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/johnny-cash-daisy-bates-statues_n_5cb814f0e4b081fd16932263

Certainly the new choices are far more relevant and a better celebration of Arkansas than the old ones. I hope they can implement the changes ASAP.

How much capitol does it take to take down a statue? It's a minor construction project. If people didn't get all up in arms to keep the statue, it would be done in a day or two without any drama. Instead, some people insist on spending a lot of their capitol insisting that a statue of an old singer (or a general on the losing side of a war, etc.) stay up.

The cost to remove 4 confederate statues in New Orleans $2.1 million dollars.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/us/new-orleans-confederate-monument-removal-price-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
The cost to remove 4 confederate statues in New Orleans $2.1 million dollars.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/us/new-orleans-confederate-monument-removal-price-trnd/index.html
Did you read the article that says why the cost was so high - litigation, the original contractor had to pull out of the contract when his car was set on fire, increased security cost to protect the workers, increase cost to build a shelter around one of the statues to protect the workers. So its not that it originally cost that much, it was a direct result of the actions of people who wanted the statues to remain...

Did you read the article that says why the cost was so high - litigation, the original contractor had to pull out of the contract when his car was set on fire, increased security cost to protect the workers, increase cost to build a shelter around one of the statues to protect the workers. So its not that it originally cost that much, it was a direct result of the actions of people who wanted the statues to remain...

Yes I did, original quote $170,000, which means $200,00.00 in New Orleans. 200 K would buy a lot of hypertension meds for my patients...or school books, or 2 police officers salaries for a year, etc. etc. etc.

Yes I did, original quote $170,000, which means $200,00.00 in New Orleans. 200 K would buy a lot of hypertension meds for my patients...or school books, or 2 police officers salaries for a year, etc. etc. etc.

Is there any evidence that the money that was used to remove the statues would have been used for those?

Is there any evidence that the money that was used to remove the statues would have been used for those?

What we know for sure is this money won't be will it?

Here's the what I find amusing, people throw around the term racist so freely these days. I've been called a racist on this very thread. I have 2 clinics one in the worst areas of West Jackson MS the other in the Delta. Most people that have made comments here wouldn't even dare to go into the areas I drive every single day. 95% of my pts are black, 95% of the staff is black. I have devoted the last 30 years of my life helping the poorest of the poor. I could have made a lot more money practicing elsewhere. I consider these folks my friends as well, I know what they want and need because I actually talk to them. I have pts that can't afford an $8.00 copay for a medication that they really need. Before folks start speaking for others I suggest they actually talk to them.

What we know for sure is this money won't be will it?

Here's the what I find amusing, people throw around the term racist so freely these days. I've been called a racist on this very thread. I have 2 clinics one in the worst areas of West Jackson MS the other in the Delta. Most people that have made comments here wouldn't even dare to go into the areas I drive every single day. 95% of my pts are black, 95% of the staff is black. I have devoted the last 30 years of my life helping the poorest of the poor. I could have made a lot more money practicing elsewhere. I consider these folks my friends as well, I know what they want and need because I actually talk to them. I have pts that can't afford an $8.00 copay for a medication that they really need. Before folks start speaking for others I suggest they actually talk to them.

LOL

That doesn't mean anything. We know Strom Thurmond was a racist. We also know that he had an affair with a black woman and had a child her.

There are plenty of people working in our communities day in and day out that view us as less than based on our race. Unfortunately, many schools are filled with teachers and administrators that hold such views.

LOL

That doesn't mean anything. We know Strom Thurmond was a racist. We also know that he had an affair with a black woman and had a child her.

There are plenty of people working in our communities day in and day out that view us as less than based on our race. Unfortunately, many schools are filled with teachers and administrators that hold such views.

"Here's the what I find amusing, people throw around the term racist so freely these days."
Thanks for helping make my point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter