OKW down side of buildings 62, 63, 64

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
So
We will be booking our vacation soon and think we will ask for a building with an elevator which I understand is buildings 62,63,64. I have a herniated disc in the lumbar section of my back and when it flairs it can be very hard to take stairs. we prefer to be on a top floor when possible but not mandatory.
Are there any downsides to a 2 bedroom unit in those buildings (if I can book one of them)?

Thanks
goofydad621

goofydad621 said:
So
We will be booking our vacation soon and think we will ask for a building with an elevator which I understand is buildings 62,63,64. I have a herniated disc in the lumbar section of my back and when it flairs it can be very hard to take stairs. we prefer to be on a top floor when possible but not mandatory.
Are there any downsides to a 2 bedroom unit in those buildings (if I can book one of them)?

Thanks
goofydad621

I would be interested in any responses to that question as well...we also requested 62, 63, or 64 for medical reasons. One specific question I have is: do those three buildings have the two entrances to the master bathroom? I think the answer is yes but I'm not sure.

I would be interested in any responses to that question as well...we also requested 62, 63, or 64 for medical reasons. One specific question I have is: do those three buildings have the two entrances to the master bathroom? I think the answer is yes but I'm not sure.

yes they do, all buildings 30 and over have the 2 entrances.

I've never stayed in any of these buildings so I can't comment specifically but they are most likely a popular request because they are right next to the main building.

You may want to look at Doc's building configuration summary to see how many rooms there are:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=146435

One of them has the parking sort of across the street. I've only been in them twice and it's been awhile. I try to remember to ask for first floor or elevator building, and when I have asked, I get first floor more often.

We were in a dedicated 2BR in bldg 62 when DH had just had knee surgery and was using a scooter. We were given a ground floor unit.

I have no down sides to report but am not certain why there might be any so maybe I'm missing something? :confused3 And as was previously answered there are 2 entrances to the bathroom.

So

Thanks
goofydad621
The problem is you can't book them, you can only request them. Requests for medical reasons as in this case are given priority but are not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee that you won't have stairs is to get a HC unit, otherwise your best bet is request building 62, 63, 64 or first floor unit for medical reasons. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Yes, all buildings over number 30 have 2 entrances to the master bath.

FYI, I agree with Dean. If you MUST have no stairs request just that. It means you would also be open to a first floor room. That gives the assigner real knowledge of what you really need.

Ok thanks all
I talked to my DW and she is fine with a first floor so I think that is how we will go
Thanks again goofydad

Ok thanks all
I talked to my DW and she is fine with a first floor so I think that is how we will go
Thanks again goofydad
Just realize this is a request and not a guarantee. You could still get put in a unit requiring stairs. If you do a HC room it's more of a guarantee but nothing is 100% even then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter