• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Grand Villas

Minnietta

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know which Grand Villas in OKW are handicapped accessible? I know there are 3 but don't know which buildings.

I have nver been in them, but I was told that at least 1 of them are in the buildings numbered in the 60s (I don't know which of the buildings though). Those are the buildings that were added after the Preview Center (can't remember what it was called) was torn down and they added buildings 62, 63 and 64.
Here's a link ot the maps so when someone who does know for sure posts, you can look at the location:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/OKWmap.jpg

One of them is room 6322 according to this thread.
I had heard from a CM that before the new buildings were built none of the GV were wheelchair accessible because they always started on the seond floor. But, someone had posted a long time ago that there was one wheelchair accessible one before those were built, so I don't know for sure.

We were in 4815 over Thanksgiving. It is the only first floor accessable GV at OKW.

At OKW aren't only the bottom level handicapped accessible & not the second floor (of the two story unit)?

We toured the new SSR GV in May & both floors are handicapped accessible. There is a door to the hallway on the second floor (& of course, the first floor) of the two story unit.

JudithM said:
At OKW aren't only the bottom level handicapped accessible & not the second floor (of the two story unit)?

We toured the new SSR GV in May & both floors are handicapped accessible. There is a door to the hallway on the second floor (& of course, the first floor) of the two story unit.
That's what I have heard. Someone will probably post soon to confirm.

The second floor is not handicapped accessible at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter