OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I do believe the vast majority of the rooms are complete, if not all...

FWIW, It was my 1st time at this resort this past fall, and also the 1st time in a 1 BR, and we were in BLDG 31 I believe. Turtle Pond....Loved it, but I really don't think there is a bad spot TBH.. Close to HH I would pick 62 or 14. Then 46,47 on Peninsular RD. or 17,18 in Millers Pond,

Thanks so much for the replies. I just booked the 1BR. I hope all the refurbs are done by then so will just be a matter of picking the best location at the resort. 1st world problems as they say. :)

I honestly don't think there is a bad spot, and you will not regret booking a 1 bedroom VS a studio. On our most recent trip in Nov we were in a 2 bedroom in building 15. We loved this location, was close to HH and yet we could still walk to the pool at Millers Road (which we enjoy better than the feature pool). Our room was not refurbished, but I was certainly impressed with the condition of the room, it was spotless (and I am picky). We were hoping for a refurbished room, but the location made up for it. Cannot wait for our next trip home, going to book a Grand Villa this time (but will wait until all renos are complete).

Enjoy your trip!

Hi, looking at staying at OKW in June for 1st time ever. Do you guys think $78 per night extra is worth it for 1BR vs Studio. Will be with my wife and 2 daughters - 11 and 9. Thanks!
Absolutely worth $78/night for a 1BR. You'll be amazed at how much room you have.

I agree! 1 BRs are so worth the difference in price- full kitchen, ice, washer/dryer, 2 TVS, big balcony with table.

I've tried Google to search for the OKW handicap studio, but I can only find five 2008 photos from Sue on the Disability Board. Does anyone else have any photos of the OKW handicap studio? I believe that some are lock-off units with some one-bedrooms, etc.

I am just curious about getting a wheelchair between the two beds and onto the balcony and just in general.

I've tried Google to search for the OKW handicap studio, but I can only find five 2008 photos from Sue on the Disability Board. Does anyone else have any photos of the OKW handicap studio? I believe that some are lock-off units with some one-bedrooms, etc.

I am just curious about getting a wheelchair between the two beds and onto the balcony and just in general.
The balcony/porch is rather small with the studio. You might not be able to get a wheelchair on the porch since there are already two chairs and a small table on the porch. The door is a swing door and not a slider, too. My guess is you should be able to get a wheelchair between the two beds as long as it isn't an oversized chair. We had a HA studio for one night in Bldg 20 a few years ago. There was no tub, only a roll-in shower with a shower seat.

Thank you Deb & Bill. That was what I was thinking, too. This will be the first time I might go to OKW in years and the first time in a wheelchair. My home resort is BWV. I have been having a hard time getting a standard studio for the first two weeks in December 2019. No availability for Sunday through Thursday nights. I only own 50-points.

I might have to try and rent from a DVC reservation in the future or buy points. Usually, I haven't had much luck with that either.

That is why I was thinking about going to OKW, but I will have to waitlist and wait for the seven month time.

Thank you for your reply.

The balcony/porch is rather small with the studio. You might not be able to get a wheelchair on the porch since there are already two chairs and a small table on the porch. The door is a swing door and not a slider, too. My guess is you should be able to get a wheelchair between the two beds as long as it isn't an oversized chair. We had a HA studio for one night in Bldg 20 a few years ago. There was no tub, only a roll-in shower with a shower seat.

Hi, looking at staying at OKW in June for 1st time ever. Do you guys think $78 per night extra is worth it for 1BR vs Studio. Will be with my wife and 2 daughters - 11 and 9. Thanks!

I agree with everyone else We already had a one bedroom booked for a week pre-cruise in October when we decided to take our family to HH this summer. I could have downgraded to a studio to save points but a week in OKW demands the comfort of a one bedroom. I'd rather borrow from next year than give it up.

We are fairly new to DVC and are doing our first split stay this summer. We'll be doing 4 nights at OKW and 4 nights at AKL this August. Before joining DVC, Port Orleans FQ was our favorite resort because of the quiet, homey vibe. Everything I've read about OKW seems to match that, so we're really looking forward to our stay. We are crossing our fingers for a quiet villa away from the hubbub - maybe near a waterway- so I've definitely appreciated all the posts here pointing out certain buildings to request. Super excited to stay here!

We are fairly new to DVC and are doing our first split stay this summer. We'll be doing 4 nights at OKW and 4 nights at AKL this August. Before joining DVC, Port Orleans FQ was our favorite resort because of the quiet, homey vibe. Everything I've read about OKW seems to match that, so we're really looking forward to our stay. We are crossing our fingers for a quiet villa away from the hubbub - maybe near a waterway- so I've definitely appreciated all the posts here pointing out certain buildings to request. Super excited to stay here!
You're lucky. There is no hubbub at OKW.

You are making a great choice. WE LOVE OKW for the same reasons. Before DVC Port Orleans was our fav resort too. You will love it.

You will be happy....no drama, no crazy, and no hubbub stuff. Quiet, relaxing, homey, and some of the nicest DVCers you will ever find!!! :O) Turtle Pond area is a very nice place to be for that as well.

18 days until the paradise of OKW! First timers and so very excited! My in-laws would like to have a shorter walk to HH, so hopefully we get that. Any tips for first-time stays at OKW? :thanks:

18 days until the paradise of OKW! First timers and so very excited! My in-laws would like to have a shorter walk to HH, so hopefully we get that. Any tips for first-time stays at OKW? :thanks:
You can hop any bus to the Hospitality House. And then hop a bus at Peninsular Road back to your area.

Does the boat from SSR go to Okw and if do is it after the POFQ stop? Thanks!
No, there are three separate boats. One for SSR, one for OKW and one for PO. If you want to go to one of these resorts from OKW, you'll need to transfer at Disney Springs. And the PO boat is a different dock than SSR and OKW.

Honestly, I think OKW 1bdrm is the best DVC room in the entire inventory- including Aulani. Not an Aulani fan- happy we had the experience but wouldn’t go back. Enjoyed our North Shore AirBnB much more!

That's good info, thanks.
No, there are three separate boats. One for SSR, one for OKW and one for PO. If you want to go to one of these resorts from OKW, you'll need to transfer at Disney Springs. And the PO boat is a different dock than SSR and OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter