OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheryl,

Check my post on page 241. It has the OKW map attached, including the legend for HH, elevator, handicapped access, etc.

Alas, we waited until the last minute to make reservations. Unfortunately could not get into to OKW, our home resort. :sad: The only rooms available were t SSR, hence we've wait-listed OKW and hope the wait-list gods shine upon us.

Does anyone know how many 1 bedrooms are in building 62? Well and 63 and 64? Would really like stay in 62 just not sure what our odds are

Does anyone know how many 1 bedrooms are in building 62? Well and 63 and 64? Would really like stay in 62 just not sure what our odds are

They really like to put medical needs guests in those building because of the elevators. Do you fit that category? When they first opened those buildings back in early the early 2000's, it was easy to get them just by requesting the new buildings. We have stayed in all three.

No we don't fit into that category.... Near hospitality 1 bedrm are available but reg 1 bedroom are not for week are going. We really want the second door to bathroom so teenage daughters do not have to come into our room to use the bathroom (we want 1 bedrm for some privacy). I figured with the proximity and the elevators 62 was used for guest with medical needs but was wondering if we had a chance of getting room in that building.

No we don't fit into that category.... Near hospitality 1 bedrm are available but reg 1 bedroom are not for week are going. We really want the second door to bathroom so teenage daughters do not have to come into our room to use the bathroom (we want 1 bedrm for some privacy). I figured with the proximity and the elevators 62 was used for guest with medical needs but was wondering if we had a chance of getting room in that building.

It doesn't hurt to ask when you register. We did online registration and, when we arrived, asked if anything was available in the HH category. They checked and gave us a room in building 63. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Just to confirm... Do all of the studios at OKW have 2 queens instead of a king and a pull out sofa?

Thanks!

Tamara

Our wait list came through for December Yea, Yea.

We have always stayed at HH but we are not this year.

Any recommendations as to where we should stay this trip? We do like to stop at the suitcase on our way home from the parks.

Thanks

It doesn't hurt to ask when you register. We did online registration and, when we arrived, asked if anything was available in the HH category. They checked and gave us a room in building 63. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

63 is not in the reserved near HH category. It is close to HH, but that actual category is bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.

The 60s buildings are the only OKW buildings with elevators, and are often used for those with with limited mobility issues.

63 is not in the reserved near HH category. It is close to HH, but that actual category is bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.

The 60s buildings are the only OKW buildings with elevators, and are often used for those with with limited mobility issues.

Exactly! I was responding to Dvcmbr09's query:
I figured with the proximity and the elevators 62 was used for guest with medical needs but was wondering if we had a chance of getting room in that building.
Obviously I should have clarified we asked for HH but, since that wasn't available, we were provided accommodations in an elevator building with reasonable proximity to HH. Sorry for the confusion.

There's always room for another map of OKW!!!! :thumbsup2
OKWMapcolor.gif

Hi

Just booked 14 nights in a studio for July/August 2014. There were no options to choose any of the buildings referred to as HH. Are these restricted? Would like to be close to the main pool. On the booking they have put a request for near transport, but not sure where they will end up putting us. Is it possible to request a specific building and what are the chances of getting this?

Madfish said:
Hi

Just booked 14 nights in a studio for July/August 2014. There were no options to choose any of the buildings referred to as HH. Are these restricted? Would like to be close to the main pool. On the booking they have put a request for near transport, but not sure where they will end up putting us. Is it possible to request a specific building and what are the chances of getting this?

If there was no availability at HH it is just because this area is in high demand. All OKW buildings are technically near transport as all buses visit all bus stops, not just the internal OKW shuttle.

If you want to be close to HH I suggest requesting Peninsular road. But beware: studios near bus stops can be noisy. We prefer to be in a more quiet area, say near the turtle pond pool. You can still walk to HH or take a bus. There's one every few minutes.

Oh LOL I see this thread is 6 years old!~ Our BC/YC thread gets renewed every 4 months when it hits 250 pages.

My question - I am renting points this trip for OKW and years ago I stayed here but had a terrible location. It was a 1 bedroom and super noisy, they had to move us the next day.

THIS trip is a studio - and it is noted on reservation that it is HH. What buildings are there? Is this anywhere near the noisy roads? Anyway to know how many studios are in each building? T

Thanks!

Hi

How were you able to book this far in advance? Just curious.:)

I think that is either an error (but I don't think it is given the specificity) or a cash booking possibly? Although I didn't know you could find DVC rooms to book on cash this far put either. The poster is from the UK so I'm guessing that resort was offered in the UK 2014 package offerings.

I think that is either an error (but I don't think it is given the specificity) or a cash booking possibly? Although I didn't know you could find DVC rooms to book on cash this far put either.

To that poster, I believe only DVC owners could book the HH booking category (it is a specific category you book).

Checkers said:

Oops that's right. In my answer to Madfish I had not paid attention to the year, thought it was for this summer.

Thanks for all your replies. 2014 is the right year. Only another 14 months to wait. Was able to book direct with WDTC to secure what I think is a good price for room, DDP, 14 day tickets and $200. Tour operators don't have OKW on their systems yet only the offical travel company. Only downside is that I cannot get flights yet. Well, I can, but they are advanced reservations and coming in at about the same as what I have paid for everything else.

Starting to think about our plans and would love to get the best possible location in the resort as not planning on hiring a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter