OKW-Pool ?

We got our letter sometime just before Christmas for a stay starting Jan 16th.

I am arriving Feb 11, just called OKW directly (407-827-7700) . The woman who answered said that there are no "advisories" in the system about the main pool being closed. Hmm, I hope she had the correct info!!!

I am arriving Feb 11, just called OKW directly (407-827-7700) . The woman who answered said that there are no "advisories" in the system about the main pool being closed. Hmm, I hope she had the correct info!!!

What surprises me is that I'm sure DVC schedules these things months in advance.
As owners, we have a right to know WELL IN ADVANCE when such refurbishments are being done so we can plan accordingly. :headache:

Talked to my friend who we rented the points from for our stay in 10 days and she said they have not recieved a letter either.

Would not have traveled these dates had we known- I know there are other pools but OKW is a favorite for many reasons and the memories at the main pool are many.

Linda

FYI - Here's the text of the letter we received:

December 2013

Dear Disney’s Old Key West Resort Members and Guests:

Welcome home! We are thrilled you will be staying with us at Disney’s Old Key West Resort.

Upon your arrival, you may notice that we are in the process of refurbishing our feature pool. Sandcastle Pool will be temporarily closed from January 13 through January 31.

Rest assured, while we work our magic, all three of our quiet pools will still be available for your enjoyment. In addition, transportation will be provided to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa where you can make a splash at the High Rock Spring Pool featuring cascading waterfalls, a zero-depth entry point and a 128-foot-long slide built into the rocks. Children can splash through the bubbling geysers of the Donald Duck play area.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. If you have any questions regarding your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter.

We look forward to your upcoming stay with us.
Thank You,

Sonya Deese-Bymes
General Manager
Disney’s Old Key West Resort

FYI - Here's the text of the letter we received:

Thanks for posting your letter. I'm really furious we never got a letter and I'm still waiting to hear back from MS.

Since the Dis refurbishment page mentions Goods to Go will be closed, the CS at Turtle Pond better be open. From what I've read, its only open "seasonally".

That is interesting. Its been 3 days and still no response from MS. I'm not impressed. :worried:

Finally got a response from MS after 5 days. The main pool is definitely closed from January 13-Feb. 1. They said I should have received a letter about it but we never did. Not sure what to do now, its too late to change resorts. :(

Disneyfreak- as an owner, would they have granted a change in resort?
We will be there on the 15th of February. Not sure what area to request.
SSR pool is nice, but i like to swim where i am staying.
I'm surprised Disney only sends correspondence like this via snail mail. They should email as well.

Disneyfreak- as an owner, would they have granted a change in resort?
We will be there on the 15th of February. Not sure what area to request.
SSR pool is nice, but i like to swim where i am staying.
I'm surprised Disney only sends correspondence like this via snail mail. They should email as well.

I think they would let us change resorts if there was availability anywhere, but that's the problem. When you book 7 months out, there isn't much left at 6 days outs. Had we received the letter a month or so ago as reported, we might have had more time to switch.

The main pool at OKW should be up and running when your there, its only closed in January.

I'm surprised too Disney doesn't email correspondence for such things. Not impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter