OKW-Pool ?

What rehab?????????? This is not listed anywhere-we will be there Jan 13-19 are you kidding me?????????????????????

Linda

OK just called OKW itself not call center. CM said nothing showing and they get a month 1/2 notice for any change and then we would have recieved something in the mail telling us of the change.

Fingers crossed!!!!!! That would be horrible since this is going to be a slow relaxing pool lounging trip.

Linda

Code:
Sandcastle pool closed 1/13 - 1/31. OKW confirmed rehab.

The CM I spoke to only knew the closing date (1/13) but I would be really impressed if they only close for 2 weeks with all the work they have planned.

Steps going up to the slide were NASTY! They had a bad odor too. Glad to see a little work is scheduled.

I called yesterday and was told that info, 1/13-1/31. I called again today to verify before changing room request and same info was confirmed.

How is it then that some say yes and other cms are saying no-this is horrible!!!!!!!

The people who got a yes can I please ask you which number you called?

Linda

Sandcastle pool closed 1/13 - 1/31. OKW confirmed rehab.

Code:

The CM I spoke to only knew the closing date (1/13) but I would be really impressed if they only close for 2 weeks with all the work they have planned.

I wonder if they're saying 1/13-1/31 because they're only looking at a January calendar? It might be closed well into February also but they aren't looking for that. So, for example, the dates could be 1/13-2/23, or whatever. :confused3

I called the hotel phone number on Disney's site. They said calendar only showed rehab until the end of January and at this point not extending into February. I wasn't too concerned with February as we'll be there end if January. (407) 827-7700

Unless you know some super secret telephone number, you will get the call center when you call the resort. The call center might be in Tampa or Topeka for all we know.

No, I don't have the batphone line to OKW. lol The CM I spoke to on the OKW phone line said she was in MK? Second person I spoke with said at first that there were no advisories. I asked if she was sure as I was told on previous phone call of closing dates. She said wait let me check somewhere else and confirmed what CM said on previous phone call. Poster on regular resort thread informed of receipt of email or letter of closure, so I trust it's a sure thing.

It stinks but they have to do maintenance at some point right. It's closed the whole time we are there. We only go every other year so DD is disappointed but being a good sport. She was looking forward to the sandcastle slide. The quiet pools don't have any Disney wow factor anymore than swimming in a backyard pool, but we're there mostly to go to the parks. For us the pools are a bonus to take a dip in after parks. Maybe it will be really cold that week and I won't feel like we're missing out on the sandcastle pool as we drive by and see it under construction.

We were the ones who received a letter from OKW. Sandcastle pool closed 1/13 through 1/31.

We also got the letter outlining the sandcastle pool closing.... They offered "transportation" to SSR's High Rock Springs pool as an alternative.
While I'd love to think that when I come with the disappointed children wearing swim suits, a standby cast member would whisk us away in a van lickety split, I also fear that it will be an invitation to board the usual Disney Bus to SSR.

Anyone have an idea how they usually run "transportation" like this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter