Omni Hotel sites down for days now

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
Wondering if it is a cyber attack? Why can't they get up and running in a matter of days?

I am reading on Reddit that room keys aren't even working at some Omni hotels, as well as credit card machines.

I have been trying to book the Omni Grove Park Inn for days now, and it won't allow me. We are doing it as a gift for a special family member's retirement. So it is a bit frustrating. But I was shocked to hear this was nation wide.

Anyone else having difficulty with Omni?

Wondering if it is a cyber attack? Why can't they get up and running in a matter of days?

I am reading on Reddit that room keys aren't even working at some Omni hotels, as well as credit card machines.

I have been trying to book the Omni Grove Park Inn for days now, and it won't allow me. We are doing it as a gift for a special family member's retirement. So it is a bit frustrating. But I was shocked to hear this was nation wide.

Anyone else having difficulty with Omni?
I don't use them, but I just tried their site, and was able to access everything, including booking a room. I tried their main site, and then I tried the Grove Park Inn one and had no issues on either of them.

I tried their main site, and then I tried the Grove Park Inn one and had no issues on either of them.
Thank you! I will try now.

Edited to say still I was unable to book. It says:

"Dear valued guest, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please try back at a later time."

Grrrr...

Last edited:
Thank you! I will try now.

Edited to say still I was unable to book. It says:

"Dear valued guest, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please try back at a later time."

Grrrr...
That's weird because I was able to go through the whole process to the end..I just didn't finalize it as I didn't want to actually reserve a room. I hope it works soon for you.

Did you try calling them directly?

In all honesty I'm not sure I'd be pursuing a stay there in light of circumstances suggesting they may have fallen prey to a cyber attack/hack. It can happen anywhere, and is with alarming frequency of late, but I'd give them wide berth for a bit given a choice.

In all honesty I'm not sure I'd be pursuing a stay there in light of circumstances suggesting they may have fallen prey to a cyber attack/hack. It can happen anywhere, and is with alarming frequency of late, but I'd give them wide berth for a bit given a choice.
Good advice. I did get to the end of the booking about 5 minutes ago, but it booted me. My husband said to take that as a sign.

We are now looking at other resorts for our gift.

Good advice. I did get to the end of the booking about 5 minutes ago, but it booted me. My husband said to take that as a sign.

We are now looking at other resorts for our gift.
Have you considered Grand Bohemian? It's in an excellent location. There's also Inn on Biltmore Estates, but I'm sure you've already looked at that.

Grand Bohemian is in Biltmore Village. It's close to the Biltmore House. There are several shops & restaurants within walking distance, including Ruth's Chris.

Everything works good now. It's surprising they haven't resolved it quickly, especially with something as critical as room keys and payment systems being affected. If you're still looking to book a special stay, maybe try checking out kayak reviews for alternative accommodations. They often have a good choice and could help you find something just as special.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter