• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in changed?

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
When I did my online check in for our October trip I could request a loop. When I just did my November trip online check in, that option was no longer there, instead I could choose second floor or near elevator!?!? Did they add a second floor to the fort, lol? Anyone have this issue? Can you no longer request a loop, or can you still call?

When I did my online check in for our October trip I could request a loop. When I just did my November trip online check in, that option was no longer there, instead I could choose second floor or near elevator!?!? Did they add a second floor to the fort, lol? Anyone have this issue? Can you no longer request a loop, or can you still call?
Yes it was like that for me too. It's probably still ok to call and add a loop request to your reservation. We're staying in a cabin and I just selected near pool.

And where does the elevator go ???

Ok, update. Just called the reservation line to request loop 2100. According to them, the 2100 loop is still cabins, not true, but ok, whatever, so I requested 1700. Next I call the Fort directly. The CM there said they don't even show the 2100 loop as being available!?!?! Not listed on any category list?!?! We were at Disney today and drove through the Fort just to check out that loop, and there were campers in there. Hello, does anyone know what's going on :confused3. Oh well, maybe someone will know what's happening with the 2100 loop for our December trip. Really would like to try it out.

Ok, update. Just called the reservation line to request loop 2100. According to them, the 2100 loop is still cabins, not true, but ok, whatever, so I requested 1700. Next I call the Fort directly. The CM there said they don't even show the 2100 loop as being available!?!?! Not listed on any category list?!?! We were at Disney today and drove through the Fort just to check out that loop, and there were campers in there. Hello, does anyone know what's going on :confused3. Oh well, maybe someone will know what's happening with the 2100 loop for our December trip. Really would like to try it out.

This deserves a face palm on Disney's part. Wow, just wow...

How are these fools not sorting this out?

Well during the recent budget cuts, they had to make some sacrifices......

Rusty? Any ideas on this?

Bueller? Bueller?

Going to try the good old fax request to see if I can get the 2100 loop for our November trip. Not even sure if they still accept faxes, but it can't hurt to try.

Reminds of a picture from a while back of a soda machine at one of bus stop loops that said "Ice on 2nd floor"! Guessing the the machine came from the Wilderness Lodge :)

1) The 2nd Floor bunks you with the squirrels.
2) And, no elevator, just a rope ladder . . . or you can swing among the branches.

Yup, got the same thing for my online check-in and my son asked what on earth could be on the second floor of a campground?!?! We thought it was a glitch, but when we went back it was the same.

Is it even worth while to do early check in? We requested a loop when we booked knowing it is not a sure thing. We can't really complain as we have always been blessed with great sites. It seems as if we always had to wait in the check in line even when we did the online check in. Thoughts?

I think the Online check in can help save a little time but I think the better bet is to check in (Physically) as early as possible. I think your chances of getting a desired site/location are much better.

We usually check in by about 7 or 8 AM. Most times we can get to our site by 10 - 11 AM. Plus with the early check in, if there is a problem with the site you have been assigned, it's much easier to get it swapped out with another site. The later you get there, the harder (depending on how booked up the fort is) it will be to get swapped out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter