Only one day at DL need advice

Nlbnikki

Mouseketeer
We just got an unexpected paid trip to San Diego to visit my husband's uncle and wanted to take a day and go to DL. We haven't been in over ten years and wouls appreciate any tips for a one day trip with a DD4 &DD 4 months. My kids won't need the typical down time for naps,they go with the flow & love Disney. We just got back from WDW and they both did great. We will be there either 12/18,12/19 or 12/20? Is one of these days beeter than the other?

Thanks,
Nikki

I think any of the days you have picked are going to be very busy...but I figure any day at Disney no matter how busy is better than a day at home! My advice is to take is slow, research what exactly you want to see/do and do that. You will not get everything done in one day but you can have fun trying. Also use the fastpass system it is great.

I agree. Pace yourself. Go on the rides you desire. Fastpass your bigger rides and hit another bigger ride then come back.

best to fastpass is Indy and Space mt, If you got on Splash at night, its pretty empty since no one wants to get wet at night.

have fun!

If your daughter is into princesses, you might consider scheduling a princess meal. That will save you a lot of time standing in line to meet one in the park, and you'll see 5 or so at the meal. princess:

ETA: I've heard this is a very popular breakfast, so they may already be all booked for the day you'll be going. If this is something you'd be interested in, call Disney Dining ASAP!

Wednesday is probably better because there is no early entry and there won't be any guests already in the park when you enter. Get there as early as possible and ride Dumbo first (the lines can be really long and there is no fastpass). Get FPs for all the other big rides.

Just wanted to add that the line for Peter Pan fills up fast and moves slowly, so I'd do that one ASAP, too.

DL with a 4 year old and a 4 month old? Here is what I would do:
Eat in car on way to park
Take train to Fantasyland
Get in line for Dumbo, ride Dumbo
Get in line for Peter Pan, ride Peter Pan
Ride carousel (line moves pretty fast)
Ride Tea Cups but don't move wheel
Head to Adventureland and sit through Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise
Head to Frontierland and see Woody and maybe Jessie. Look at ground where they have hoofprints in the ground.
Go to Tomorrowland and ride Buzz Lightyear and MAYBE the Matterhorn-depends on your 4 yr. old. My DD3 loved it except for the Yeti...
If you do a character meal, the Princess meal in DCA is AMAZING!!! Guaranteed to see at least 4 Princesses and usually lots more! 3 times and we have seen Princess Minnie, Mulan, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel and Pocahontas.
Go to New Orleans Square and again, DEPENDING ON YOUR CHILD, ride PoTC and HM-4 month old can ride both but hold tight on PoTC. Take a cruise on the Mark Twain.
Evening-go to Fantasyland and ride IASWH where the lights will take your breath away and the carols will soothe your nerves. INCREDIBLY huge line here.
I love holidays at DL and this will be the first time in 4 years I haven't been there for them-how will they ever get along without me?! LOL Have a great time and just relax! Go with the flow!!

Do a little research online to find out what you would want to see. DCA is a new park with attractions you havent seen yet. So find out what you might want to see in either park, take advantage of fast passes, and pace yourself.

I'm in a similiar situation except it will just be my Husband & I. We're going to be in the area for my Husband's Company Christmas Party. He'll be there on business. His Company is flying the Spouses out for the Christmas Party. We decided to stay an extra day to go to Disneyland. If anyone can suggest any ideas, advice, tips, what to see & do, etc., it would be greatly appreciated as we want to make the most out of the 1 day we'll be there. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter