"Ooh, that's gertlush!" A Delicious February 2014 DDP Dining Report!

Looking forward to your updates

Look no further, I'm about to put one up.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. Love your rating system!

You're welcome, glad you like it!

Following. Mmmm, the chocolate wave! Looking at that picture makes me want to go back to Coral Reef again on our next trip.

It was really lovely, best part of the meal.

Great review! I'm in! popcorn::

Thank you for reading!

Day 3/Animal Kingdom & DTD - February 13th 2014

For breakfast this morning it was over to AKL for Boma! It brought back great memories of our 1 night stay at Kidani Village and it was great to see the resort again. :yay:

The restaurant was beautiful and quiet and the service good. The juice they serve is lovely too! There was a great choice of traditional and African cuisine.

DSCF2029.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

(note, not all of these were actually eaten at once. Eyes too big for my belly syndrome!)

And before we left, the waitress brought us this:
DSCF2032.jpg

And a rousing chorus of happy birthday was sung.

I really enjoyed Boma and would love to go back again next time! The food was excellent.

Rating:
Great

After breakfast Mum went to sort out the scooter business whilst I browsed the gift shop and brought a pin and a small bag of pretzels- which I only ate about a quarter of and then lost until Mum finally found them lurking in the bottom of a carrier bag a few weeks back. They were still crispy too! Sadly I lost the pin. :sad1:

Rating:
Great

After we sorted the scooter out we went to Animal Kingdom, where we had Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe for lunch. I had always wanted to try this, and on the DDP it was a great opportunity. And we weren't disappointed!

I had the Honey Chicken with a cup of frozen lemonade for dessert, plus a cup of drink I switched for water. Mum had the sweet and sour chicken with chocolate mousse for dessert.
DSCF2054.jpg

Rating:
Great

For my snack credit I had the big soft mickey pretzel. It was delicious! Sadly I couldn't finish it.

Rating:
Great

After AK we drove back to our resort and took the bus to DTD- big mistake!

Dinner that night was at Raglan Road which we honestly wished we had cancelled after waiting 30 minutes to be seated and a lot of other problems.

We were seated far away from the stage which was a shame. I did after finishing my meal go up and watch the performers though and they were very good!

Foodwise, we were brought the soda bread with the Guinness reduction, which was very nice and then I had the burger:
DSCF2110.jpg

And for dessert I had the meringue pie, which I didn't enjoy because it was very soft not hard like I was expecting:
DSCF2113.jpg

And Mum had the steak, which was very overcooked and then we had a lot of drama about it with them not replacing it until I had nearly finished.
DSCF2109.jpg

Eventually she got this salad and salmon:
DSCF2111.jpg

And then for dessert got this pear tart:
DSCF2112.jpg

Overall I enjoyed most of my meal but Mum didn't. (as she keeps reminding me, especially as I write this)

My rating:
Good

Mum's rating:
Dreadful

To be continued.....

Great Reviews!!! :goodvibes Love the "Gertlush". Had to look it up to have a better understanding and just love it!

Great reviews! Too bad about the steak at RR. My DH had a terrible steak there 3 years ago. However everything else there is quite amazing we have had over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great reviews. Thank you for your time in writing them. :lovestruc

While the others were stuck at the pigs--You had me at baked beans for breakfast! This was a first for me!

Great Reviews!!! :goodvibes Love the "Gertlush". Had to look it up to have a better understanding and just love it!

Thank you for reading! :thumbsup2

looking forward to reading more

Thanks, will try and get more up soon!

Great reviews! Too bad about the steak at RR. My DH had a terrible steak there 3 years ago. However everything else there is quite amazing we have had over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hmm, looks like it was just the steak, because I certainly did enjoy my main meal. Thanks for reading!

Great reviews. Thank you for your time in writing them. :lovestruc

While the others were stuck at the pigs--You had me at baked beans for breakfast! This was a first for me!

You're welcome!

Baked beans are a part of a good cooked breakfast here and also nice on toast for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter