Ooops :D

I've wanted to for a while...my issue is transport. I have a pop up with a slide so not much floor space for storage. If I can figure out how to make it so it comes apart more and fits in my car then I will.
The lamp breaks down into 4 parts.
1: the patio umbrella base is about 18" in diameter and 3" high
2: the ABS post is about 2 1/2" in diameter and 5 feet long
3: the crossbar is 3/4" in diameter and 2 feet long
4: Mickey's head is about 16" tall and 16" from the outside of one ear to the outside of the other ear.

The only part that sometimes won's fit in a small car is the post . . . but if the back seat of your car folds down to open access to the trunk the post will easily fit.

The lamp breaks down into 4 parts.
1: the patio umbrella base is about 18" in diameter and 3" high
2: the ABS post is about 2 1/2" in diameter and 5 feet long
3: the crossbar is 3/4" in diameter and 2 feet long
4: Mickey's head is about 16" tall and 16" from the outside of one ear to the outside of the other ear.

The only part that sometimes won's fit in a small car is the post . . . but if the back seat of your car folds down to open access to the trunk the post will easily fit.

My post was cut in half with a coupler installed to make it even smaller.

Cool! I took this route home in 2019 and it’s a great route! Hwy 15 is a nice drive down to 95 in Washington.

You could actually take 81 South at Harrisburg to route 64 east and it brings you out to 95 in Richmond VA, missing Washington all together. I got stuck in Washington traffic once for 5 hours, I tend to avoid it as much as I can.

You could actually take 81 South at Harrisburg to route 64 east and it brings you out to 95 in Richmond VA, missing Washington all together. I got stuck in Washington traffic once for 5 hours, I tend to avoid it as much as I can.
I take 15 to the 495 and then the 95 in Springfield. Travelling on a Saturday means I should miss most of it. But I’ll take a look and see how much time the other route adds to our schedule.

If you stay on 15 south through Point of Rocks, MD and follow it to either 17 or 3 you can avoid the beltway and traffic. We live right off 15 by I66 and usually take that route and get to I95 just north of Richmond! It has been worth the reroute for us.

I think this year I may try to leave early afternoon and get south of Richmond the night before the big push and shoot for St. Mary's KOA instead of Savannah South KOA....though we liked the pool at Savannah South so we might just go there again. Then we usually go for a long push the first day so we can get there early and relax the second.

This is our trip plan if we stop in savannah. First day is a long push to Savannah, usually leave around 6am, and we are on the road 10-12 hours depending on traffic and stops. The following day takes us around 5.5 to get to Disney. The return trip we are stopping to visit friends and will be going about 8 hours north to Santee Lake are then another 9 hours home from there 2 days later.

PS: I love RV Trip Wizard. I set my travel speed at 50mph, which is about what I average out when towing with bathroom breaks, etc.

Last edited:
Lol, funny. I will be going down staying at enfield koa, then Jacksonville north ( St. Marys). On the way home will be santee lakes koa, and Fredericksburg koa. I wanted to do Savanah south, but its not on my scedual. I have not used or heard of RV trip wizzard. Now i need to look at that lol. Were leaving this year on halloween, so i needed to book the sites and didnt have many choices for the trip down. I swore that i wouldn't stay at einfeild again, but it was ok. Just looked like a few long term people and not much else. So a bit scarry for the kido, and i atually locked the camper door. Lol. So, we will stay there again, maybe do some horror movies. It was a shame i couldn't get the fort for halloween.

Lol, funny. I will be going down staying at enfield koa, then Jacksonville north ( St. Marys). On the way home will be santee lakes koa, and Fredericksburg koa. I wanted to do Savanah south, but its not on my scedual. I have not used or heard of RV trip wizzard. Now i need to look at that lol. Were leaving this year on halloween, so i needed to book the sites and didnt have many choices for the trip down. I swore that i wouldn't stay at einfeild again, but it was ok. Just looked like a few long term people and not much else. So a bit scarry for the kido, and i atually locked the camper door. Lol. So, we will stay there again, maybe do some horror movies. It was a shame i couldn't get the fort for halloween.
I started using RV trip wizard last summer and I love it. Used to use roadtrippers but it’s not really geared to us who camp. RV Trip Wizard allows you to filter stuff like dump stations or rest stops. It’s been worth the yearly cost and I will renew next summer

If you stay on 15 south through Point of Rocks, MD and follow it to either 17 or 3 you can avoid the beltway and traffic. We live right off 15 by I66 and usually take that route and get to I95 just north of Richmond! It has been worth the reroute for us.

I think this year I may try to leave early afternoon and get south of Richmond the night before the big push and shoot for St. Mary's KOA instead of Savannah South KOA....though we liked the pool at Savannah South so we might just go there again. Then we usually go for a long push the first day so we can get there early and relax the second.

This is our trip plan if we stop in savannah. First day is a long push to Savannah, usually leave around 6am, and we are on the road 10-12 hours depending on traffic and stops. The following day takes us around 5.5 to get to Disney. The return trip we are stopping to visit friends and will be going about 8 hours north to Santee Lake are then another 9 hours home from there 2 days later.

View attachment 550500

PS: I love RV Trip Wizard. I set my travel speed at 50mph, which is about what I average out when towing with bathroom breaks, etc.
Hmmm I’m gonna look at that route change. How much time does it add on typically?

Hmmm I’m gonna look at that route change. How much time does it add on typically?

From where I am (a stone's throw from Greenville Farm Family Campground) in Haymarket, the route of 66 to the beltway and then I95 vs. Rt 17 is about 4 minutes. Now 17 has one flaw, its traffic if you catch southbound at the wrong time. Sometimes what I do is go a little further south to RT3 and take that to I95.

If you already enter MD on US15, we are about an hour south of Frederick, MD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter