Open Letter to all DisBoarders

ScubaD

She is my Disney
DisBoard family,
Have you ever read or reviewed some of the "blogs" found under articles that are on the front pages of AOL, Netscape, or any other ISP sites? I am amazed at the use of language, feelings of hate (sometimes), and the use of poor grammer, etc. for anything or anyone the writer disagrees with. But when we read the notes left on the DisBoards I find the attitudes are quite different. I for one appreciate knowing that when I read the Boards, even though someone may disagree on a fact, the relationships are wonderful. It is great to be part of this family. I think Walt would be proud.:cool1:

What do you think?

it's hard to be mean at Festival of the Lion King too. I mean really, the tumble monkeys... how do you not smile at that.

ok now I am having a tumble monkey day dream fantasy that involves dole whips... what was the question anyway?

and to answer the original question, I think... we don't disagree, we all wanna get tickets to watch the tumble monkeys while driving nascar and eating a dole whip.

I understand what you're saying ScubaD. It's really nice to be able to have a community where you can respectfully disagree without throwing poo at eachother and hurting feelings. There are even some boards on the DIS that can be a bit...exclusive and snarky if you will. I've found the Pod Squad board to be the most positive, inviting community for me. I don't kill nearly as many threads on the DIS Unplugged board, so somebody must like me....right?!!? :rotfl:

Is a poo-thrower anything like a lint-licker? :teeth:

It takes several to throw a Pooh.

PoohAnimated.jpg

I agree this is on of the friendliest places out there, and that the podcast board makes me feel at home the most, especcially with the silly comments people make :lmao:

I don't like dole whips or nascar and have never see the tumbling monkeys, so i'm out on that field trip!

Funny I should see this thread now, I was just listening to a June podcast (the Anniversary show maybe? Or the one before) where Pete was talking about the history of the DIS and how he had been on another board and couldn't believe how mean people were and how he didn't feel welcome and how he started these boards and wanted them to be family friendly and have people play nice, ect... and I was thinking to myself, "Well, Pete, you did really did a good job of creating your vision." because I have been on several message boards and this one is BY FAR the calmest with minimal nastiness. Some may not realize it, because sure, there are some arguments, fights, snarkiness and disagreements here, but BELIEVE me, it is nothing compared to some boards. I started out on a Teddy Bear Collecting board that got SO unbelievably nasty, that I had to finally leave. Another board I was on was a scrapbooking board, mostly mom's and no kidding, those people could just make you cry. It was awful. So even though we have our squabbles here from time to time, but it is really a wonderful board that is run extremely well IMHO and many many thanks to ALL who work so hard to make it this way. Basically you all have created "The Happiest DIScussion Boards on Earth!"

What the **&%#^* is your problem!! What a thing to say!!! AARGGRGRAARGGAAGGGGHHH!!!

OK. Sorry. You're right. We're nice. :goodvibes

I started out on a Teddy Bear Collecting board that got SO unbelievably nasty, that I had to finally leave. Another board I was on was a scrapbooking board, mostly mom's and no kidding, those people could just make you cry.
A TEDDY BEAR board????? They were nasty on a TEDDY BEAR BOARD???? And a scrapbooking board....incredible.

Yeah, we're all :hippie: here...except for MenashaCorp, of course...;) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter