** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

I booked the wrong category... I want to kick myself.

I'm so sorry this happened, especially with everything else going on for you. I would email the TA and ask her to change your rooms. My TA was on hold all day yesterday. She booked our rooms and I was happy until I saw what was available today and I asked her to move us. Now that general booking is open, the TAs have full access to what's available. I don't think they did yesterday. It could also be that platinum and gold members have made their decision as to which sailing they'll take and rooms are opening up. Room availability is very fluid. You've locked in pricing at opening day rates - for me, that's the most important thing. Now you have a year to get the exact rooms you want.

i had a placeholder with them.

storage - what they used to call a steamer trunk, but has since been replaced by a dresser - set of drawers, whatever it's called.
it makes a difference on a 7 night cruise to have that drawer space, especially with 4 people in the room (particularly when the one of the four is in diapers with all the crap that goes with that including lots of clothes for her and her 3 year old sister)..

without that dresser, your storage is reduced by about a third....might not be a big deal for 2 people, but definitely will make a difference to a family of 4.

Ah. I never had a steamer trunk. Just drawers. Even with 4 adults we never had a problem, but maybe we are weird and pack lightly.

Ah. I never had a steamer trunk. Just drawers. Even with 4 adults we never had a problem, but maybe we are weird and pack lightly.
the steamer trunk was replaced by drawers - i'm just using steamer trunk as the prior name since it indicates exactly which drawers i'm referring to.

There is a room now available that I think will be much better than the currently booked one. Costco is not answering the phone due to volume and I am afraid it will go away. Can I put the deposit down on it on disney's website and later cancel the one from costco?

the steamer trunk was replaced by drawers - i'm just using the steamer trunk as the prior name.

Yes. I have always had drawers. We never had a problem. But like I said, we pack lightly - max of a day outfit and a night outfit. And all adults so no costumes or anything.

Costco called me back at 10:30pm ET 8 hours I left my requests with them. 9As for the Wonder cruise below were gone.

Silver

Wonder 7/8/19 9B 2A $7405.78 [3231.9] [3231.9] Taxes/Fees/Port Expenses: 941.98 No ins/ No transfers/ No air/ Yes OBB

Also quoted
Fantasy 7/27/19 5A 2A 8619.16 No ins/ No transfers/ No air/ Yes OBB
Magic 5/12/19 5A 2A 6118.50 No ins/ No transfers/ No air/ Yes OBB

Finally booked! After spending 8 hours yesterday with no success I got straight through today.

Disney Magic 7 Night Fjords 8/25
5c 2A1K $7,321.17 [2961|2961|1028.16][371.01 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/yes OBB

Tip to any UK callers struggling getting through to WDTC instead of DCL - press option 2 throughout for non-European cruises, worked straight away for me today.

Last edited:
Yes. I have always had drawers. We never had a problem. But like I said, we pack lightly - max of a day outfit and a night outfit. And all adults so no costumes or anything.

well we could be comparing apples and elephants - depends on the room category as well

back in the day when i could afford the walt disney suite and the 1 bedroom suites, we didn't have any storage issues either.
but my pockets aren't quite as deep as they used to be, and disney's prices aren't quite as reasonable as they used to be, so not in those stratospheric categories anymore..

we're talking portholes, not verandahs....

Here is what I received last night.

S Wonder 5/27 5C 1A1K (14) $7,665.86 No Ins/trans/air/OBB

I've already asked to rebook it at a category 7A instead.

well we could be comparing apples and elephants - depends on the room category as well

back in the day when i could afford the walt disney suite and the 1 bedroom suites, we didn't have any storage issues either.
but my pockets aren't quite as deep as they used to be, and disney's prices aren't quite as reasonable as they used to be, so not in those stratospheric categories anymore..

we're talking portholes, not verandahs....

I usually stay in porthole cabins. Even 9Cs.

But it’s all good. Everyone packs differently.

For anyone not happy with their room keep watching over the next couple of days. Many people book a room hold and don't end up pay the deposit, those rooms and categories will become available again. You can switch room or category then. The price will be the same as it was on the day of the original booking

There is a room now available that I think will be much better than the currently booked one. Costco is not answering the phone due to volume and I am afraid it will go away. Can I put the deposit down on it on disney's website and later cancel the one from costco?

Yes.

Courtesy of my amazing TA, I have the following prices for the 9 night Alaskan cruise :-)

Wonder 8 July 2019:
S 5B 2A1K(6) $15,616.77 [6516] [6516] [1900.80] no ins/trans/air/OBB
S 5B 4A $17,903.96 [6516] [6516] [1980] [1980] no ins/trans/air/OBB
S 9A 2A $9,437.98 [4491] [4491] no ins/trans/air/OBB
S 9A 3A $10,299.77 [4041.90] [4041.90] [1782] no ins/trans/air yes OBB
S 9A 4A $12,309.76 [4041.90] [4041.90] [1782] [1782] no ins/trans/air yes OBB
S 11A 2A $6,215.98 [2880] [2880] no ins/trans/air/OBB

storage - what they used to call a steamer trunk, but has since been replaced by a dresser - set of drawers, whatever it's called.
it makes a difference on a 7 night cruise to have that drawer space, especially with 4 people in the room (particularly when the one of the four is in diapers with all the crap that goes with that including lots of clothes for her and her 3 year old sister)..

without that dresser, your storage is reduced by about a third....might not be a big deal for 2 people, but definitely will make a difference to a family of 4.

What I do on longer cruises is leave clothes in our luggage and store it, open, under the bed. When I need to select clothes, I pull the luggage out like a drawer under the bed, get what I need, and slide it back under.

For anyone not happy with their room keep watching over the next couple of days. Many people book a room hold and don't end up pay the deposit, those rooms and categories will become available again. You can switch room or category then. The price will be the same as it was on the day of the original booking

Exactly! Some folks just have a hold.

So lets say I booked a cabin this morning for my in-laws, and I put the wrong year for the birth date. Can I call in and change that? Eventually, obviously not in the middle of the opening craziness.

I got my first choice cabin on fantasy June 22!
:cool1::banana::jumping2:

Was online a little after 6:30 this morning. Website worked without a problem. The whole process took less than 10 min.

Funny thing is, my 2nd through 8th choice or so were all taken!

Only hiccup is that it wouldn't let me use my gift cards. So I put the hold and have 3 days to figure out the problem with the cards. Disneygiftcard.com has the correct values on then. Must be a Disney it problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter