Opt out of Housekeeping at Resorts

My son wants to opt out of housekeeping which is fine with me. My worry is that being there for 6 nights, I would like to get fresh towels every few days.

Of course I would tip them for their service. Which brings another questions. What would be appropriate amount to tip them for bringing extra supplies?
Just stop by the pool on your way back from the park and grab a few towels.

A tip for a small delivery would be a couple bucks.

Just stop by the pool on your way back from the park and grab a few towels.

A tip for a small delivery would be a couple bucks.
It's better to just get the towels delivered to your room since pool towels are laundered differently from hotel room towels. Pool towels have lotions and creams in them, so they have to launder them differently. If you are asking for special services, just tip a few dollars.

When you do your online checkin there is an option now to opt out of mousekeeping. We opt out because we always make our beds and pick up after ourselves anyway, so now we get paid for doing it naturally:thumbsup2

Can someone tell me how this work, Will they give you a Gift Card when you check in if you opt out of Housekeeping
I forgot to ask for it at check in. I called from my room phone and I requested to opt out of housekeeping for both of my continuing reservations in the same room. The $60 gift card came to my email in a few hours. I did have full housekeeping by mistake one day. Since I was solo I had plenty of towels and never had to ask for anything. It was fun having a whole day of Dining for “free”. I will do this anytime it’s offered.

We have opted out of housekeeping 3 times now. I'm quite happy to take the extra money to put towards meals. We keep our room clean anyway....I'm not messy at home so I'm not going to be messy on vacay. It takes literally 1 minute to pull the covers back on the bed and fluff the pillows. Our last visit was in December and I asked at check in to have extra towels, TP etc sent to the room first thing in the morning (we checked in around 11pm).....when I got up in the morning there was a large bag of supplies hanging from our door handle.

BTW....be aware that if you opt out of housekeeping there will still be a daily security check. I happened to be leaving my room one day when the CM came to do it. All he did was stick is head in the door and look around.

BTW....be aware that if you opt out of housekeeping there will still be a daily security check. I happened to be leaving my room one day when the CM came to do it. All he did was stick is head in the door and look around.
This is important to remember. If someone's main purpose for opting out of housekeeping is so that they aren't disturbed during nap times, its important to know that it still can happen due to the daily security checks. You can request they not come at certain times, but there have been many reports that they aren't good at adhering to that and its not guaranteed.

Before joining this board, I never knew one could opt out and get a gift card. We fully plan on utilizing this on our next trip in '21.

It drives my wife crazy how I clean the room in preparation for room service. I make the beds. I carry the trash with me as we leave the room for the day. I hang the clothes and I hang the towels and make sure everything is neat. I make for the world's easiest room for Room Service to attend to. Now to learn I could have gotten paid for what I already do (and always have done)? Oh man.

My husband and I are debating doing this on our next trip. Its 7 nights, so the $60 will be nice. We all enjoy going back and having the beds made and the room clean, but we also take afternoon breaks almost every single day. The last time we were all there, most days the room had not been cleaned when returned and we felt like we needed to go hang out at the pool or something until the room was finished.

Before joining this board, I never knew one could opt out and get a gift card. We fully plan on utilizing this on our next trip in '21.

It drives my wife crazy how I clean the room in preparation for room service. I make the beds. I carry the trash with me as we leave the room for the day. I hang the clothes and I hang the towels and make sure everything is neat. I make for the world's easiest room for Room Service to attend to. Now to learn I could have gotten paid for what I already do (and always have done)? Oh man.
LOL...On check out day I put all the trash together in a bag beside the door along with the towels. I also wipe the bathroom down before I collect the towels. Just for good measure I leave $5 on the bed. This goes for all hotels I stay in. My DH said they probably have my picture posted behind the front desk as a gold star guest.

You can't opt out of housekeeping when you stay in a DVC villa. You're only getting is once in a while anyway on points.

Only if you are staying at a Value or Mod resort...and apparently, the Poly, I guess.

Glad to see this is now for a Deluxe resort. We knew at some point this would catch on for all three levels.
As for where to get clean towels. I just grab them off the maid cart. Or pool towels. Or you can call and have them delivered. Either way. It’s an easy 10.00 savings.

LOL...On check out day I put all the trash together in a bag beside the door along with the towels. I also wipe the bathroom down before I collect the towels. Just for good measure I leave $5 on the bed. This goes for all hotels I stay in. My DH said they probably have my picture posted behind the front desk as a gold star guest.
My picture would be next to yours. Even when solo and on travel for work, I arrange the room and do all the pick up, just so I don't have to picture in my head that Room Service thinks I'm a slob.

This then extends to our Disney stays. I'm basically making towel animals for them and yes, am also leaving a tip.

The idea that I might get paid enough to buy some WDW socks is pretty good to me!

Sure, but you can give the Housekeeper a bit of a lead on getting the room done faster so the next guest can get in faster. I'd bet the housekeepers appreciate guests who aren't total slobs.
I wouldn't equate leaving the garbage in the garbage can and used towels together on the bathroom floor to be the actions of a "total slob". Do you take your dishes to the busing station at a restaurant too? There's no harm in helping the housekeeper if that's what you want to spend your time doing, just like there's also no need for someone to go out of their way to be a true slob and leave the room a mess. But it seems silly to tip housekeeping to service your room and do part of the work for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter