Orbitz Value Resort "Half board"

Animal

Mouseketeer
I am seeing value resorts on Orbitz during the holidays with "Half board"..."Breakfast and dinner are included in your stay." Rates appear to be rack rates. Could this be an error? Quick Service Dining plan? Something else entirely? I searched disboards but only came up with Disneyland Paris hits. thanks!

Edit:My apologies! Orbitz is being sneaky. The front page price is 212.10, but when you click through, taxes and fees come to 157.46. They're just selling you the quick serve dining plan, in a non-consumer-friendly way. :)

Last edited:
I am seeing value resorts on Orbitz during the holidays with "Half board"..."Breakfast and dinner are included in your stay." Rates appear to be rack rates. Could this be an error? Quick Service Dining plan? Something else entirely? I searched disboards but only came up with Disneyland Paris hits. thanks!

Weird. It appears to be the quick service dining plan.

From an Orbitz search for ASM 12/21-12/24.

Quick Serve Dining Promotion
Book a stay for travel now - December 31, 2017, and receive the following:
  • Choose from over 100 select quick-service restaurants per night
  • 2 quick-service meals per person, per night
  • 2 snacks per person, per night
  • 1 resort refillable drink mug
Full details provided at check-in. Guests age 3-9 must order from the children's menu, where available. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.

What were th dates? I'm looking now.

Weird. It appears to be the quick service dining plan.

From an Orbitz search for ASM 12/21-12/24.

Quick Serve Dining Promotion
Book a stay for travel now - December 31, 2017, and receive the following:
  • Choose from over 100 select quick-service restaurants per night
  • $1,736.10 for two adults. Is that what Orbitz quoted?2 quick-service meals per person, per night
  • 2 snacks per person, per night
  • 1 resort refillable drink mug
Full details provided at check-in. Guests age 3-9 must order from the children's menu, where available. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.

Disney offers this package for $1,736.10 for two adults. Is that what Orbitz quoted?

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Vacation Offer
    • The Little Mermaid Standard Room
  •  Theme Park Tickets
    • 4-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day

• Quick-Service Dining
  • Everyone in the party ages 3 and over will receive the following each night of their package stay:
    • 2 Quick-Service Meals
    • 2 Snacks
    Each Guest ages 3 and over will receive a refillable drink mug, which is eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel.

Each Quick-Service meal includes (for breakfast, lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
    • 1 Non-alcoholic Beverage
    Snacks:
    At Quick-Service restaurants, most Outdoor Carts and select merchandise locations, snacks may include a single serving of items such as:

• Frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar
    • Popcorn scoop
    • 12 oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea
    • Prepackaged milk or juice
    • Piece of whole fruit
    • Bag of snacks
    • 20 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola®, Sprite® or Dasani® water
    • 20 oz. fountain soft drink
    For special dietary requests, Guests should speak with a chef or manager upon arrival at the dining location.

Guests ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu, where available.

My apologies! Orbitz is being sneaky. The front page price is 212.10, but when you click through, taxes and fees come to 157.46. They're just selling you the quick serve dining plan, in a non-consumer-friendly way. :)

My apologies! Orbitz is being sneaky. The front page price is 212.10, but when you click through, taxes and fees come to 157.46. They're just selling you the quick serve dining plan, in a non-consumer-friendly way. :)

Wow. You are right. That IS sneaky! I looked at my dates again, and it is charging $120/night on a $190/night room for "taxes and fees"...which is the cost of the quick service plan and then some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter