• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering kids meals?

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if the table service restaurants care if you order meals for your kids or let them eat off your plates?

Also if it turns out the kids are really hungry, can you order one part way throught the meal?

We are going with a 2yo and 5yo. The 2 yo doesn't eat much, the 5 yo is very unpredictable. Sometimes she won't eat anything. Other times she eats as much as me. We are planning to go to several table service restaurants and I would prefer to start off with one kids meal and see how it goes. Do you think they would have a problem with this?

When my 2 DD's were your childrens' ages I never had a problem with them eating off my plate. Some places even suggested it. :D

as long as it's not a buffet then you are fine - my dd ate off our plate loads of times, they will bring you an empty plate to share without any question.

Bev

No problems eating off the plates unless it's a buffet and that's okay with the 2 yr.old.I'm sure they'll be more than happy to let you order part way throught your meal.

My younger ds ate off of my plate last year...he eats NOTHING!! And even at buffets, under 3 is free. (at least WE were never charged ....maybe we just got lucky??)

We didn't have to pay for our 2 yr old (35 mos) at all, even at buffets. We made a small plate for him from the buffet (which he usually picked at, he was very picky then).

This was at Crystal Palace & Donald's Breakfastasaurus buffets.

At other restaurants (Sci Fi, Columbia House) we'd just order a smaller/kids meal or share from ours.

The buffets are free for children under three. The only time we had to buy each child a meal was when we did the Fantasmic dinner. We were required to purchase a kid's meal for each child at Brown Derby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter