Other campgrounds nearby??

TinkerbellRules

DIS Veteran
Well, we decided kind of late that we might go back down to FTW in April, but they are full Easter week. Are there any other really nice campgrounds nearby or on the beach? We're not sure where we want to go, but it has to be south of this freezing weather in Indiana. I have Woodalls and the other (can't think of the name right now), but I like to get personal opinions.

Thanks for your help.

Don't give up on Fort Wilderness yet! I had the same problem, decided late in the game to try to secure reservations for Easter week, it took me a month of calling every morning at 7:00 a.m. but I was eventually able to get 2 sites! If you are successful-I will see you there. Good luck.

I agree with GIGGLES266 keep trying , try making reservations with an arriving earlier or later date.I know FW is always busiest on weekends.

I saw a KOA park off 192 last week. It doesn't look anything like Ft Wilderness. A few years ago I got us into Ft Wilderness by calling early every Saturday am. Someone had told me they purge the computers before 7 AM on Saturday, but that certainly could have changed by now. I agree with the others' advice -- keep calling, someone may have to cancel their reservations.

Thanks for all your help. We finally got into the campground in the panhandle that we really wanted to go to! Beaches here we come! FW was a backup plan.

Thank you, Scott, we'll keep them in mind for future WDW trips. We were just at WDW in Oct and I really wanted to go to the beach (Topsail in Santa Rosa Beach), but they were booked. We finally got in but will be on two different sites. Things can change though when the snow birds leave. Fly away guys and gals ;)

We never stay at FW...it's too expensive. You pay for all the fantastic amenities, but we never have time to use them. Plus, we're coming from Jacksonville with annual passes, so we go alot. We really try to cut costs. We have stayed at Tropical Palms and Encore (owned by the same co.) which both are off 192 and they run about $32/nite. We can stay there for 2 nights for the same price as 1 night at FW. There are several campgrounds on 192 we haven't tried, so if anyone here has stayed at some I'd appreciate a recomendation. :)

We go to WDW to go to FW--all the rest is just gravy! We don't even camp anywhere else, because we can't find any place that even comes close--and trust me, we've tried! You do good in TN to find campgrounds with hookups, and then they are so hilly we can't ride bikes.

Barbara
143 days to go

TinkerbellRules--I've read about Topsail Hill in the Trailer Life book, and it looks great! I've checked out your website, too(I think yours is the one I checked out) and I really want to stay at Topsail Hill one trip! I saw that it had a 10-10-10 rating, too!!

Barbara
143 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter