• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other good tour companies?

Steves has great books--I usually brouse through one before a trip (or get a discounted book from AAA). As for ages...we have taken our DD and DS on ABD when they were 7/13, 8/14 and 8/15 and both have loved the trips--along with many other kids in their teens. Depends on the trip.

One company I've heard rave reviews about is Thomson. In addition to all the inclusions ABD seems to have, they also have an opportunity for the kids to correspond with a local before they arrive through their "friends across boarders" program, and then they meet up at a special event! So for example, with their Tanzania Family Vacation ( http://www.familyadventures.com/destinations/tanzania ), the kids get paired up with a similar aged local before they go on the trip, and then visit them at school!

I'm dying to try it :) Anyone here had any experiences with them?

But other than Alaska, they don't do any US trips, although I love their variety of destinations. And they have separate trips for families with teens, as well as for younger families.

I went with my sister to France about 5 years ago and we used Go Ahead. My Dad had done a number of trips in Europe with them. It was very good. Very nice hotels, good bus, alot of stops. The guide was very interesting and friendly. Cost probably middle of the road, comparable. I've never done ABD so cant compare that. Would use Go Ahead again defnitely.

Sue -do you mind answering a few questions?
We were thinking of Austin Lehman for Whistler.
My husband bikes a lot -I bike a little and my kids do a little. What happens if they don't want to ride or get tired? What do they do while people are riding?
Thanks!

I haven't traveled with Austin Lehman, but I have sent them emails recently asking some questions about their tours. I was very impressed with how responsive they were. I received replies literally within minutes with extremely detailed answers to my questions.

Thanks Bobo
We are not booking anytime soon. I am trying to ignore the "vacation Planning Fever" and hope that it goes away. I really need to spend money on home improvements -but where is the fun in that?;)

Thanks Bobo
We are not booking anytime soon. I am trying to ignore the "vacation Planning Fever" and hope that it goes away. I really need to spend money on home improvements -but where is the fun in that?;)

Me too. We've got a WDW trip scheduled in Oct. and other than that I'm trying to convince myself that I can wait until early next year before I make any other plans. But it isn't easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter