Other Parks: Universal/Sea World/Kennedy - COMPLETED

I think after this year I'll participate more in this swap in 2011 since we will be taking a long vacation to Orlando this year and we are finally hitting up San Diego as well. I want to go to Universal to see the Harry Potter thing so bad!!!

We just went to IOA yesterday to see the Wizarding World. For a Sunday in October, it wasn't busy at all and the weather was perfect. Most rides were walk on or 5 minute wait. Signs were posted saying 10-15 minutes but most times it just took that long to walk to the actual ride. The Forbidden Journey was never more than 40 minutes - that was true time. The island is themed great. The Butterbeer was good but too sweet for me. The food at the Three Broomsticks was actually pretty good (got the Family Feast). The shops are extremely disappointing. They are way too small. But overall I was satisfied. We upgraded to the Premier pass so we can go back in the winter.

I hope you guys enjoy it. I LOVE San Diego.

We just went to IOA yesterday to see the Wizarding World. For a Sunday in October, it wasn't busy at all and the weather was perfect. Most rides were walk on or 5 minute wait. Signs were posted saying 10-15 minutes but most times it just took that long to walk to the actual ride. The Forbidden Journey was never more than 40 minutes - that was true time. The island is themed great. The Butterbeer was good but too sweet for me. The food at the Three Broomsticks was actually pretty good (got the Family Feast). The shops are extremely disappointing. They are way too small. But overall I was satisfied. We upgraded to the Premier pass so we can go back in the winter.

I hope you guys enjoy it. I LOVE San Diego.

Thanks for the update -- I've been afraid of the crowds, but we are going on a weekday in February so hopefully we should be good.

Here are the letters that I've completed:

Group B - Astronaut (sorry about it being blurry)
DSC00045001.jpg

Group F - Shamu and Group L - Harry Potter (the wings on the O (Golden Snitch) are gold vellum which gives it a nice light fluttery feel to it)
DSC00041002.jpg

I still have my Manatee elements to do.

I love them Stephanie!! LOL At first, I hadn't read that the Shamu was in with the HP letters. I looked at them and wondered "What do the gold wings have to do with Shamu??" I didn't get a lot of sleep last night...talking to my friend until 2:30 am about having her baby in two weeks does not mix well with getting up at 6:00 am to start getting 3 kids out the door!!! Not even time in between...one at 6:45, one at 7:30 and one at 8:30...High School, Intermediate School and Elementary School!! :scared1: Sorry for the rant...over-tired and I ramble!! Again, love the letters!!

Those are wonderful Stephanie. I have had ideas in my head, but seeing yours got me to finish my designs, pull my paper, and now I am ready to cut.

Hey Group J people (2" word Universal Studios) check your PMs. We are making 5 letters per person instead of 6.

Have a great weekend everyone and have fun scrapping!!!!

ps - did you know my first sentence has a totally different meaning if the "s" after PM is capitalized? :rolleyes:

I have finished up my Group E. One more to go. Might have it finished by tomorrow. Depends on how the day goes.

My items are done and will be postal by the end of the week. I will let you know when I mail. Thanks for hostessing!

All finshed up. Probably will not be mailing out till the end of this week when I have to make another trip to the po.

Here is my Group E:

Here is my Group F:

Hello Ladies this is my "M" in Shamu Group F
It's not Stickled its my new love!!! Jelly Roll Glitter Gel pen :worship: This thing is awesome!!! I tried to use another Font cart but I found the Mickey Font showed off more of the paper.:thumbsup2 Enjoy
a4f06b43.jpg

Shawn, love your letters!!!! They work perfectly!:thumbsup2

Surina, I love yours too!! I used that same paper for my H in that group! I didn't think about going glittery. Good idea!:goodvibes

Hey DIT Man and I thought I was being slick and creative... you know me and embellishing :lmao:
Seriously if you dont have one of these pens I will send you one!!!

Uh oh, I have the same paper. Maybe if I use a different font and different embellishing technique it won't be so bad.

Love all the letters shown so far.:love:

I can make another set I have some of reminisce sea world-ish ocean water paper it looks like splashed water. I can put both in the bag and you can all choose which ones you want.

NemoMom -- Those are AWESOME!! And what fun brads!

DisneyRider -- Wonderful! Where do you get the pen? I've never seen glitter glue go on so straight.

You ladies have your "A Game" on!

Uh oh, I have the same paper. Maybe if I use a different font and different embellishing technique it won't be so bad.

Love all the letters shown so far.:love:

I can make another set I have some of reminisce sea world-ish ocean water paper it looks like splashed water. I can put both in the bag and you can all choose which ones you want.

No worries ladies -- first off you are in two different groups. DR is in F and AWM is in E. And second, even if you were in the same group I think it would have been fine -- that's the fun part about the 2" letters, almost anything works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter