Our 2 Year Old's Birthday Do Over Extravaganza *update 8/27*

After that it was probably around 1pm (time flies when you're having fun!) so we took a mid day break so the boy could have a nap in our room and relax. After our break we decided to head on over to DHS. This is also another park favorite of mine.

These are a couple of my favorite pictures from the trip

Where were we walking to? Well, we HAD to see the Osborne lights!!!

It was even better than I had remembered

I'm sure the boys rode ST at some point. Then I believe we went back to the resort for dinner and bed time. Park touring is MUCH different when you have a toddler along for the trip. But so far we were having a great time! :thumbsup2

Here are our PP pictures from day 2

I was right, the boys did ride ST because this picture was taken while we were waiting on them haha!

Alex loved meeting the Incredibles!! This was where he started saying "pwee pwee pwee" and reaching out to the characters. It was incredibly cute!

Up next: Day 3

Welcome to day 3. Yes, two updates in one day! I need to bust this out so I can start a TR for our upcoming October trip.

This day we decided to take it easy in the morning and afternoon until we could get into MK for MVMCP. So, we headed to DTD again

Alex of course found the Buzz statue in front of the toy store and went nuts

and here he was done taking pictures

We meandered through the toy store for a while and then we came upon the fountain again so of course we had to stop for Alex to play

And then we headed over to the pin hut. One of our favorite stores but Alex gets bored very fast in it. This time he got angry because he didn't get to play with the statues as long as he wanted since there were other people that wanted to take pictures. Sorry kiddo, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

We then headed to Rainforest Cafe for our lunch reservation. We always love it here
Cheese!

Silly faces

Then it was back to the resort for some napping after we checked out World of Disney of course.

AAAwwww

Next up: MVMCP

It's time to PARTAY!!!!

We prefer to ride the Ferry over the Monorail. I love the view of MK from the Ferry and all the nice monorail resorts

Alex and Daddy on the Ferry

Our first glimpse of Cindy's Castle

First ride at MK......BLSRS

Waiting in line

This kid must have gotten a lucky first timer strike or something. Either that or he has the gamer gene in him

See? Alex had control of the gun the whole time and half way through the ride this was his score

We stopped to watch the fire works

Then stopped to ride Mommy's favorite ride. Alex dances in this ride and it's so cute!

He was too busy to look at the camera but he's having fun!

Trio ride pic!

We decided to try Tony's since I was able to get a decent ADR. I got the spaghetti but I didn't really like it. It was a good view for the parade when it passed by but I don't think we will be back. Alex wouldn't even eat his food

Tired ****oo

Watching the parade

Trio Pic!

Best seat in the house!

After that we went back to the new section of FantasyLand and rode LM for the first time. I didn't get any pictures of it though for some reason. I LOVED the ride though. It was so real and I felt totally emersed into the movie. It was amazing. After that we decided it was late enough and we should get the munchkin to bed so we headed back to the resort. The little monster didn't get to sleep until 1am. It was a long but very good night! :thumbsup2

Up next: Day 4! :)

YAY, you back for real

You are really banging out those updates

Looks like you guys had a great time on your do over trip and I am glad for that :thumbsup2

So many good family shots.

Bummer you didn't enjoy Tony's, but yay for getting an outside seat with good view for the parade

Loved the pics where Alex was excited over Buzz Statue :goodvibes

YAY, you back for real

You are really banging out those updates

Looks like you guys had a great time on your do over trip and I am glad for that :thumbsup2

So many good family shots.

Bummer you didn't enjoy Tony's, but yay for getting an outside seat with good view for the parade

Loved the pics where Alex was excited over Buzz Statue :goodvibes

YES I am. Now that life is starting to get back to normal I'm able to breathe a bit again thank goodness.

Thank you :goodvibes

Yeah I was really expecting to love Tony's since we love italian so much but we just didn't and that made me sad but the seat we had for the parade was awesome.

Thanks :goodvibes I did that upon your suggestion so I can get a pic of him standing next to Buzz each year. :thumbsup2

176603_10151177730516545_1489278001_o.jpg
[/URL]

OMG the look Alex is giving her in this picture is hilarious! :lmao:

Then we took him over for our first ride of the trip to ride Figment which he absolutely LOVED!!!! He was dancing the whole ride and even as we were walking out. He had so much fun riding this.

Aww, so cute! I love when babies dance on rides!

The obligitory trio ride self portrait

:goodvibes:goodvibes

These are a couple of my favorite pictures from the trip

How sweet!

Where were we walking to? Well, we HAD to see the Osborne lights!!!

My FAVORITE thing about Christmas at WDW!!

This kid must have gotten a lucky first timer strike or something. Either that or he has the gamer gene in him

See? Alex had control of the gun the whole time and half way through the ride this was his score

OMG!! Alex is SO MUCH BETTER at that game than me!!! I don't know if I have ever broke 100,000!

Great updates!!

OMG the look Alex is giving her in this picture is hilarious! :lmao:

Aww, so cute! I love when babies dance on rides!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

How sweet!

My FAVORITE thing about Christmas at WDW!!

OMG!! Alex is SO MUCH BETTER at that game than me!!! I don't know if I have ever broke 100,000!

Great updates!!

haha yeah he was doing a pretty good job at giving her the stink eye

Me too! I was so glad he enjoyed his first ride of the trip since we hadn't taken him on that one yet and it had been so long since I've ridden that one.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Me too!! I loved it more this time than the last time we saw it. I think because Alex enjoyed it so much.

IKR??? I never break 100,000 either and he manages a score like that all on his own. Chris has only ever gotten a score like that once. I'm curious to see if he can do it again in October.

aww! I love this pic!

LOVE the score on Buzz! That had to be some crazy fluke huh! I bet Chris was proud though. LOL

Really enjoying your updates!

I love that pic too. He's always so chipper in the mornings :goodvibes

haha IKR??? It was definitely a proud daddy moment

Thank you! I'm going to try and have another one or two up this week before Chris has his surgery :thumbsup2

I'm in! :banana: So glad to see you had a better trip than the last one. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your experiences! :)

Good Morning birthday boy!

This morning we woke up bright and early for our breakfast ADR at 'Ohana to get Alex's 2nd birthday celebration off to the right start.

DH doing the check in thing

We then had a photopass picture taken which I love!

We were seated in about 10 min from checking in. Our server came over and greeted us and we got our drinks and bread (I love their juice they have here but DH wasn't a fan). It took a little while but once the Characters started coming over Alex was a little shy but he started to warm up. He loved it when Mouse passed by our table and he enjoyed watching the parade go by.

Here's Alex enjoying his drink

he had a ton of fun helping make noise for the parade

MOUSE!! I love the look on Alex's face here

Lilo!!

We had the most fun with Pluto

Alex really didn't eat any breakfast due to all the character excitement but he was having so much fun on his birthday and that's all that matters.

Our server then brought out a cupcake for Alex's birthday and we blew out the candle together

He wanted all the characters to stop at our table each time they passed during the parade haha

Love this pic

I always love snapping a pic of this fountain at the Poly. It's just so pretty and tropical. I know that's the point but....haha feel free to laugh at me

Then we were off to our first park of the day. AK...which is one of our least favorite parks but we still like to go for a little while. We thought Alex would enjoy the bird show so after stopping to snap a pic of the tree

and getting a pic in front of the ToL and photopass pic as well

we were off to the show. Alex LOVES popcorn. IDK how those birds resist the popcorn in the theater during the show.

Becca and I....this was before my camera crapped out on me. I forgot my battery charger.

We enjoyed the show but Alex got a bit bored. IDK why but we really weren't feeling being at AK this morning so we didn't stay long. I think we didn't get there until at least 10am and then after the bird show we all were really getting hungry and James was having an issue due to needing to eat so we left the bird show, stopped into a store to shop some and then left. But Alex grabbed my phone before we left and snapped a couple of selfies haha

Continued in next post

Here he is riding the tram like a big boy on the way back to our car.

We then headed over to the WL to see their Christmas tree and have a photopass picture taken there too. I LOVE their tree!! It's my favorite one on all the Disney property at Christmas time.

We ate at their food court which omg why is it so TINY!?

I think after that we headed back to our resort for a nap and then we probably went to DTD I think. My memory is a tad fuzzy since this trip was 6 months ago now sorry and I don't have a ton of pictures from the rest of the day since my camera had crapped out on me. Ugh! We did wind up back at our resort food court for pizza though where Alex proceeded to fill his diaper and he was so proud of it haha.

And then we went back to our room since it was so late (I do remember that) and gave the little guy a bath so we could all get a good night's rest.

Night night birthday boy

Yay for an update!

Alex is just too cute, and it looks like he had a great birthday. The pics from 'Ohana are just precious, and I :rotfl: at his selfie pics!

YAY an update!!

Love pic of him seeing Mickey at Ohanas. They are all so cute.

The selfies are great :rotfl:

You know we are not big fans of AK, so I feel ya there. I did see bird show for first time 2 years ago. It was not too bad.

I love the photo pass pic of all 3 of you next to the WL Tree. That was perfect having Merry Christmas Ornament right behind you guys

Alex looked adorable all clean in his PJS ready for bed

Oh and I loved the stinky diaper pic :lmao:

Joining in...didnt know u started this TR I got lost in the transition from your PTR.

Yay for an update!

Alex is just too cute, and it looks like he had a great birthday. The pics from 'Ohana are just precious, and I :rotfl: at his selfie pics!

Thank you! Yeah it was a really great day! Haha yeah he likes to do that quite often. He just snaps away LOL

YAY an update!!

Love pic of him seeing Mickey at Ohanas. They are all so cute.

The selfies are great :rotfl:

You know we are not big fans of AK, so I feel ya there. I did see bird show for first time 2 years ago. It was not too bad.

I love the photo pass pic of all 3 of you next to the WL Tree. That was perfect having Merry Christmas Ornament right behind you guys

Alex looked adorable all clean in his PJS ready for bed

Oh and I loved the stinky diaper pic :lmao:

Thanks girl!

haha yeah he's a silly boy

Yeah we like the bird show. I prefer the LK show though. There's just not a ton that we love there. :confused3

oh thank you. Love that pic too

haha yeah he doesn't do that any more (say stinky) so I'm glad I got a pic of him doing that.

Really cute pics! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

Joining in...didnt know u started this TR I got lost in the transition from your PTR.

Oh sorry about that! Glad you found me though :thumbsup2

December 18th

Today we took our time since we had an early breakfast ADR the morning before. But we did manage to make it to MK early enough to catch the dancers and singers on Main Street which I have never seen before. One of the girls stopped to flirt with Alex but he just wasn't having any of it

I think their dresses are just so pretty. I think if I worked at Disney I'd want to do this.

Our first ride for the day was the Jungle Cruise. Alex seemed to enjoy seeing all the animals and he loves water.

Triangle Selfie!

This is my favorite part of the ride. I just think this elephant is so cute

Daddy and Alex

Then we headed over to PoTC. Alex did great on this ride even on the dark drop. This kid has no fear I tell ya

Traingle Selfie!

After the ride we got Alex a big pirate flag for his new big boy bedroom since it was going to be Pirate theme and we got him a little one to hold onto in the park. But you can see who got stuck with it.

We passed these guys playing as they walked down the street. Yet another musical act at MK that I've never seen before.

It's time for me to head home from work so I'll have to finish this day up later. Sorry for the short post!

Smart guy Alex! You need to watch out for those older women!!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter