Our Drama-Filled May 2010 Bay Lake & Beach Club Trip Report(OMG-ITS MY FINAL UPDATE!)

Thanks TigerLaw for all the great photos. Your night photos are really, really good. I LOL when you said you used a trash can for a tripod. I doubt if I could get half that good of a shot even with appropriate equipment.

Yeha, I felt stupid at first using the trash cans like that, but I got over it! ;)

Great TR!!! Glad your taking the time to share it with us!

thanks - I never knew how much time one of these could take when you couldn't decide what pictures to get rid of for it! :confused3

Sat. May 22nd (cont.)

Here are some random pictures from my Star Wars Weekends day at MGM:

The lines for both Chewie and Leia were just WAY TOO LONG for me to even THINK ABOUT trying to get in!

I tried to get into the new location for SWW merchandise by even that had a line (and considering I just wanted to take pictures, I didn't bother)

I thought Vader's line could rival Toy Story Mania's....

... until I saw this! And as to the scary blue jedi above, I assume she is a Clone Wars bad jedi, as I never saw her before.

COMING UP - SWW PARADE PICS!

Another great update!:thumbsup2 You really do have a great eye. I've seen so many of the subjects of your pics many times, but when you frame them your way, they really take on a new look.

Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

Another great update!:thumbsup2 You really do have a great eye. I've seen so many of the subjects of your pics many times, but when you frame them your way, they really take on a new look.

Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

You're welcome - thanks for the kind words! :banana:

Tiger I just found this today and spent a nice part of my father's day afternoon admiring your work and enjoying your reports. I don't think anyone mentioned how well your interior shots of attractions turned out. Those can be tough, and you got some good shots there--Splash Mountain was a good example. My other observation is how happy you look in all those pics! One look at you in those pics and anyone can see you def. got bit by the WDW bug.:earsboy:

Sat. May 22nd (cont.)

Here is the first part of my SWW parade pics:

Sorry, I just couldn't decide which picture to use! :confused3

:worship: :worship:

Oh Jedi Master......you excell with your photo ability....if only I, a humble jedi want to be could train under you.

But truely...wonderful photos.

Cheryl

Another great update! That parade looks like so much fun - one of these days I will make it to SWW! Every year I wonder why Disney doesn't extend SWW to more dates - all those elaborate costumes and stuff for just a handful of days a year, I just don' understand!:confused3
That is the 1st pic I have seen of Lotso Bear from Toy Story 3 - were there any other new TS3 characters out?

:worship: :worship:

Oh Jedi Master......you excell with your photo ability....if only I, a humble jedi want to be could train under you.

But truely...wonderful photos.

Cheryl

THANKS SO MUCH!! :woohoo::cool1::yay::banana: I WISH I was all that in disney photo land, but I've come to (try at least) to accept my place in the picture taking universe!

Another great update! That parade looks like so much fun - one of these days I will make it to SWW! Every year I wonder why Disney doesn't extend SWW to more dates - all those elaborate costumes and stuff for just a handful of days a year, I just don' understand!:confused3
That is the 1st pic I have seen of Lotso Bear from Toy Story 3 - were there any other new TS3 characters out?

BE, I THINK Lotso is the only NEW TS3 character out in the parks - here is a link to a great character website you might want to check out ( I can't get the internal link to work right now):

http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home

As far as expanding SWW, I doubt they could - all the costs involved w. getting celebrites to come and "work" the weekend, all the extra SW characters, etc. TRUST ME - if you would have seen the crowds, you wouldn't want SWW there more than 4 weekends a year! Look at it this way, if the economics worked, don't you think Disney of all places would pull it off?!?

:rotfl::confused3:rotfl2:

We have 2 boys now....and the trips have changed. However we have found that by taking a niece or nephew you can still bar hop around the world without a worry...:rotfl:

And I am chiming in...awesome photos.

cheryl

Or just make sure your kids ages are far enough apart..example I have a 15 year old, 8 year old and soon to be 6 year old..:hippie:

yoohoo, where are you? I was getting used to my early morning coffee with a new report ready and waiting! :rotfl2:

Thanks for posting your photos of Star Wars Weekend! As you can tell from my signature line, we are already counting down the days to next year's SWW!

Sat. May 22nd (cont.)

After the parade was over, I came back to the Beach Club, went to the main pool (where Melissa already was) and then we took a nap. Melissa had started her pool day at the quiet pool bnefore heading over to stormalong bay. Saturday night was our "date night" with dinner at Bistro De Paris and then Illuminations. Heading over into Epcot, we got our picture taken with Donald Duck at the IG and then by a photopass person on the IG bridge.

Our problem that night was our dinner. We checked into Bistro and were seated around 6:20 pm. The issue we had was our dinner didn’t come out until 8pm!! :scared1: We actually had people sit down after us, eat their meal and leave BEFORE we got our meal! :confused3 It got to the point where we were just going to leave money for the drinks we had and get up and go, but right before we could, our dinner finally came. Our waiter was apologetic, but didn’t seem to get our issue. We knew that this was a fancy restaurant and the food wasn’t pre-made, but 100 minutes was pushing it. I asked to speak to the manager, who comped our meals w/o me having to say really anything so all we had to pay for was Melissa’s glasses of wine. The actual meals were good, but by then, the thrill was gone.

We ended up getting out of Bistro like around 8:20ish, so from there we got ANOTHER grand mariner slushie (like our fifth of the trip :banana:) and just walked around England and Canada before finding a place for the fireworks across from the Off Kilter stage. After Illuminations ended, we walked along the boardwalk and I got an eclair from the Boardwalk Bakery that was made the proper way! :cool1: (when I asked the CM in the bakery what was in the eclair, he looked at me like I was crazy for asking such a question!) From there we headed back home and called it a night.

Here are a few more pics from our last night at WDW:

what is the actual name of "officer pooh" I can't remember?

COMING UP - ONE MORE MORNING IN THE PARKS!

I've just caught up with your TR - and boy am I impressed! :worship: Both your Epcot after dark and SWW pics are stunning. :goodvibes

Sorry to read that your date night was a little disappointing - but I'm sure the goodwill gesture by the manager and those fabulous Grand Marnier slushies helped to make up for it a bit. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter