Our Drama-Filled May 2010 Bay Lake & Beach Club Trip Report(OMG-ITS MY FINAL UPDATE!)

I'm sorry to hear you are approaching the end of your trip! It has been a great TR. Thanks.

Sunday, May 23rd

Parks Visited: MGM
Dining: Cape May Café (breakfast)

I know this isn't much of an update. Unfortunately, I forgot to take note about our last day in the parks. We had breakfast first at cape may and I got some more character pics:

From there, we headed over to MGM and rode RnRC and Toy Story Mania a bunch of times The lines were still bad. We wanted to ride the Great Movie Ride, but we passed b/c of the lines, so we didn’t get to do that this trip. Eventually, we headed out and over to the airport. I wanted to get to the airport a bit early b/c when we came in, we saw a huge line at Southwest’s ticket counter, but we ended up doing cubside check-in, so no big deal. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed like a hour-plus, so that was no fun, but we ended up getting back to St. Louis safe and sound.

Here are some of my MGM pictures from the day:

COMING UP - PHOTOPASS PICS (WHEN THEY EVER COME IN!)

I'm so sad it's over.:sad2: But I enjoyed the report!

That's a bummer about Bistro. That's literally the one restaurant in Epcot I haven't tried yet and desperately want to. Was the food good? What did you have? Did you have appetizers or just the main course?

I'm so sad it's over.:sad2: But I enjoyed the report!

That's a bummer about Bistro. That's literally the one restaurant in Epcot I haven't tried yet and desperately want to. Was the food good? What did you have? Did you have appetizers or just the main course?

Let's see if I can remember - we shared the shrimp appitizer, I had the beef tenderloin dish which I liked and melissa had the lobster bisque dish which she really liked. Honestly, I at least was so ticked that its hard for me to objectively comment on the food.

Excellent review and I really enjoyed your pictures. I know you've answered this before, but I couldn't find it in the thread -- what kind of camera and lens did you use?

Spent all morning reading your entire TR and LOVED IT!! (didn't want to leave without commenting you on your superb writing ability and AWESOME camera work! -Stace

Thanks for such a great trip report and all the awesome photos!!!

Loved your report!!

Leaving on Sat. for the world and in honor of DD's first trip since her 21st birthday...Grand Marnier slushies it is!! We usually have the Kir Royale but excited to try something new!!:goodvibes

Great report. And great pictures! Reading along really I really felt like I was there with you. It's great to see how much fun can be had at Disney by two adults. Also, I liked hearing about both the good and the bad. Often when we plan (and most people who read this site are obsessive planners, me included) we only think of the ideal trip. The reality can be very different, but you and your wife seemed able to deal with the challenges without losing perspective or ruining your trip. Humor always helps.
When is your next trip...can't wait to hear about it!

Spent all morning reading your entire TR and LOVED IT!! (didn't want to leave without commenting you on your superb writing ability and AWESOME camera work! -Stace

Thanks for such a great trip report and all the awesome photos!!!

Loved your report!!

Leaving on Sat. for the world and in honor of DD's first trip since her 21st birthday...Grand Marnier slushies it is!! We usually have the Kir Royale but excited to try something new!!:goodvibes

Great report. And great pictures! Reading along really I really felt like I was there with you. It's great to see how much fun can be had at Disney by two adults. Also, I liked hearing about both the good and the bad. Often when we plan (and most people who read this site are obsessive planners, me included) we only think of the ideal trip. The reality can be very different, but you and your wife seemed able to deal with the challenges without losing perspective or ruining your trip. Humor always helps.
When is your next trip...can't wait to hear about it!

thanks everyone for the support!

LT, hope your DD likes the slushie, we're addicted to it now!

Bub, its funny you said that, b/c this trip was the one where we realized that bad things can happen at WDW too and that our expectations for disney to automatically provide a perfect vacation are unrealistic - we should just be happy that they are better than almost anyone else in making bad situations better. As far as a next trip, we are thinking thanksgiving wkd to the following week for all the xmas fun with some time at universal at the end as well.

Oh no!! This trip report can't be coming to an end. What will we groupies do without our daily fix?:(

Thanks so much for letting us share your adventure. Your pics are really great, and you are an entertaining writer.:thumbsup2 When all is done, will you keep us posted and let us know about your next trip? Can't wait to hear all about it.:goodvibes

Oh no Tiger, your groupies are already suffering withdrawl syptoms. :sad2:

Looks like you'll have to post a pic a day until your next TR. :upsidedow

Seriously though, great update as always. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter