Our first ever trip PTR, and at Christmas too!!!

katmur85

Earning My Ears
OK so it all started in January. Myself and dh were heading off to Vegas in march and I decided to price Disneyland for the kids.
Booked 3nights/4days for November 3rd with the travel agent for an obscene price but we had months to pay it off. I wasn't happy though. For a start we were staying in the explorers as TA said no hotel on site could accommodate us (2 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant). And we would be leaving before the Christmas season started. Only had a deposit paid.
Roll on to May and I'm browsing the Disneyland site checking prices for December and choose NBC for a laugh. It came up as €990 for us all. I tried not to get excited but I checked flights, which with Aer Lingus to CDG were €700. But with Ryanair were €400.
It was crazy but I double checked the hotel prices, rang dh and asked what he thought. As usual he was like,whatever you want I don't mind. So I took that as my green light and booked us for Dec 1-5 in NBC.
We told he kids last week. Dd(10) started crying and the older 2 boys were delighted. They haven't stopped talking about it since.

As for planning I think I have our meal plan made out. Decided to try inventions and Bistrot Chez Remy. Really looking forward to them both. Dd is a bit too old to meet the princesses so I think we'll skip that bit. The boys are Toy Story obsessed so Buzz and Woody are on top of their lists. As is spiderman.
I have booked ezyshuttle for our transfers from Beauvais. And I also got an email this morning telling me we'll be staying in a refurbished room, very happy with that.

Does anyone know what way meeting Santa works? We have a tradition of a pic of us all with Santa every year. Can we take pics with santa? Is the wait absolutely mad long? Might have to consider that with a 1.5 yr in tow lol.
Any tips for Beauvais? Should we bring snacks for pur return trip, which is late at night. Or can we get food there?

yey Christmas trip, onsite, and in a refurbed family room - remember to take lots of photos for us :goodvibes.

Santa at DLP is always busy - the one time we queued for him we went into Frontierland at 10am, straight to the Santas grotto area, and started queueing (and we weren't first in line). Santa started his meet n greets at 10.45am that year, so once he was there we only waited around 15 minutes to meet him, have a chat, take photos etc (there is a CM there too, so you can have a photo altogether, you can ask the CM to use your camera if you want to).

I'd reckon on queueing in total at least one hour for Santa at DLP.

That doesn't sound like too much of a wait. Would people go mad if say dh stood in line and then we joined him a little while later? I love that they take pics. Might have to pack our Xmas jumpers too heehee!

Have also gotten myself and dd matching Minnie mouse Christmas pj's! She was beyond excited about that lol. My mum got the boys frozen ones with Olaf on the front, so just need some for the baby!
Our invitations from the Disney store arrived this morning and the kids have been crazy since they came ha ha!
Has anyone been in December before? Are the temps usually super duper cold? We're from Ireland so its not like we're used to tropical weather anyway!

I've been at the beginning of December once - it was cold (definitely winter coat, hat, scarf, gloves and thermals for the kids weather) but dry mostly, and not minus10 or anything like that.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did your Disney invitations take to arrive?

Havethermal vests for the boys. Will pick up some for dd too along with leggings.

I emailed about 3 weeks ago for them. Probably took a bit longer than normal to get here. They are lovely though.

O WOW sounds like a super excited family going for Christmas season and one of the lovely new rooms - the photos of the rooms on here look amazing!!!

Meal plans sound familiar to mine ;)

Enjoy your planning and you wont regret using ezyshuttle we use them every trip - they are great!

Even dh was excited about the room which, was a little strange actually lmao!
Need to start making lists. Love my lists lol. Finally sent off for the baby's passport today. Have had the form for 3 months or so!

Sounds like a brilliant first trip in the making katmur. :goodvibes How lucky are you to be getting a refurbished room. :cool1:

Look forward to hearing all about it. :thumbsup2

We go a bit later in December so will be looking for pointers in the earlier trip reports. ;)

Congratulations - sounds like a great trip. We went early December last year and had a wonderful time - not too cold, very manageable :thumbsup2 The new rooms at NBC look lovely, I added a link from twitter to Kizzy's PTR - I'll find it and add here if you've not already seen them.

We also used Ezyshuttle from Beauvais and didn't find it too bad. I think there was just the usual small shops and stuff, don't recall any where decent to eat. You'll be in the taxi for over an hour so maybe could pick up some Earl of Sandwich to munch on the way?

Ohh thanks for the link. Had seen a few pics but the video at the end made me go eeeek!!!
Hmm yeah, snacks to keep the kids awake could be an idea lmao!!

Awh man I feel like crying every time I read reviews from last Xmas or see videos or pics! Emotional much?!?

ADRs have finally been made. We've booked into Bistrot Chez Ry for 5pm on pur second day and Inventions for 7.45 on our last day. Was gonna do cafe Mickey too but I'm still undecided, so I'm going to see how we feel when we're there.
I've also decided against rainforest cafe. I think it'd be too much for the 2 younger boys especially ds2 as he doesn't like loud scary type noises. Maybe next time

Glad you got your meal choices planned. We found Rainforest Cafe ok, not too noisy - you can pop inside through the shop to take a look before deciding.

Hope the time flies by for you :goodvibes

How did I miss this PTR?!
What a wonderful time you have planned :dance3:
Beauvais is actually limited for duty free / airport shopping but we found it better then CDG! It is compact so no mad dash and aaaages walking like CDG :cool1:
You guys are going to have the best time!!
I would advise looking at CM the 1st day and then book or not as it can be booked up quite quickly.
Happy planning :goodvibes

Have decided to not bother with cafe mickey, inventions will be more than adequate lol. Am looking at Blue Lagoon too, maybe for a lunch, does it need to be booked?
I think I'll just get my obligitary tobelorone and perfume in dublin lol!!

Have decided to not bother with cafe mickey, inventions will be more than adequate lol. Am looking at Blue Lagoon too, maybe for a lunch, does it need to be booked?
I think I'll just get my obligitary tobelorone and perfume in dublin lol!!

I would probably ring and book as it isnt open every day and if you're looking at a weekend day it could be busy. My brother just brought home a salt caramel toblerone and it was the 1st one I ever disliked! The perfume section is good in Beauvais or well it was 2 years ago!

20 days until we go! Can't wait for the single digit countdown!!
Have kids sorted for Christmas, finally!! This was my big thing that I didn't want to have to organise presents when we get back. December is a pretty busy month for us so it'll be nice to be able to have the biggest thing over with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter