"Our First Member Event is Coming to California"

Your guide is mistaken about the GCH model tours, I have two seperate sources in California that have confirmed that the models are finished, and will be on display for the member event.

The models are finished but who knows if they will be on display. Like I said in my post it might just be a way of surprising us. I have many sources as well and they all have told me the same thing so who knows.

The expo in the afternoon will have vendors from the Getaway Collection. Explaining more about II and how we can exchange our points. It's free to the public.

I'm set for Friday night but I'm really not interested in driving 59 miles south on a Friday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend for a Welcome Home Wednesday type thing! This better be good!!!

If anyone wants to switch for a Sat or Sunday night I'd do it in a heart beat!!!

popcorn::

Okay, guys, HELP! My printer wasn't working when I did the reservation for Sat. night and so I couldn't print out that sheet it said to bring. Anyone know if you can access that somehow after the fact or do you think I can just show up and show ID?

Jeanette

have you checked your email? they sent me a confirmation after I registered. otherwise, maybe try the email addy they provide at the bottom for help?? :confused3

Can't wait to learn what this event is all about, not to mention the incentives that are offered! Those who go this weekend, please do write a report to share with the rest of us who can't make it. And pictures would be great too -- especially if they do give tours of the VGC model.

Thanks!!:goodvibes

I just got back and it was fun. You get 6 collector pin and little photo album. THe incentives to add on were really good. You can get an adventures by Disney Vacation after 250 points. It included other things as well annual passes etc. I am sure someone took notes and will post it. They showed a movie on the future of DCA which was cool. It was a fun event. Would not go multiple days.
No tours of GCV rooms.

If you add 250 you get to go on some but not all choices. So there is some limited choices. However on 500 you can do China or Austrailia. I know China is worth at least $10K. Adventures by Disney is a good incentive. Look at what they go for. I know at 500 you got annual passes, the vacation, a 7 night with II I think. Best incentive I have seen. I know like another one came with cruise and land vacation. I have never seen offers like this. Oh and Only 15 at the 500 level. Also some came with the mickey suite at Paradise Pier for a night. It was a bit confusing. All I can say is lots of incentives.

I just got back and it was fun. You get 6 collector pin and little photo album. THe incentives to add on were really good. You can get an adventures by Disney Vacation after 250 points. It included other things as well annual passes etc. I am sure someone took notes and will post it. They showed a movie on the future of DCA which was cool. It was a fun event. Would not go multiple days.
No tours of GCV rooms.

Did everyone in your group get the pins and photo album or just one per group? What was the price per point for the add ons? Thanks! We go Sun. night and I am looking forward to it. If you aren't interested in adding on, is it worth it? Thanks.

Did everyone in your group get the pins and photo album or just one per group? What was the price per point for the add ons? Thanks! We go Sun. night and I am looking forward to it. If you aren't interested in adding on, is it worth it? Thanks.

Yes, everyone in your group will get the pins(really nice, i like the dcl pin) and photo album (it's just a small black album with dvc logo). They were only selling the AKV , it was the normal discount of $8/pt. We don't have plans of adding on but we went anyways, it was fun. In my opinion if you have to drive for about an hour so to DL and not interested in adding on then it might not be worth the drive unless you want the pins (the album is not a big deal).

were there characters? was it fun for kids?

Yes and you can get your picture taken with two of them at the EXPO. Kids will like the event. The booths were really friendly.

Your guide is mistaken about the GCH model tours, I have two seperate sources in California that have confirmed that the models are finished, and will be on display for the member event.

Looks like your sources were incorrect sorry.

Why are people saying that they have been to last night event say they weren't open or that they didn't show it? We are going tomorrow so I guess I'll see.

Why are people saying that they have been to last night event say they weren't open or that they didn't show it? We are going tomorrow so I guess I'll see.

I know - it's weird! :confused: Maybe it's open during the expo and the one's who posted didn't realize it?????? At least with this info I'm going to be certain to ask about them!

We just spent the afternoon at the expo and went to the member event at night after we bought into AKV. We were so excited to become members that the day was alot of fun for us. Our guide Heidi S. was awesome with us and no pressure sales. I would highly recommend her to anyone. We came down from Canada and I wish we had more money to purchase more points because the incentives were great.

It was posted in one of the above posts that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty

Nftysqrt quoted:
Looks like your sources were incorrect sorry.

Sory Nftyqrt but dwelty was correct.

While we were waiting to sign all of our papers they allowed us to take the tour. We actually were able to do the tour but were not allowed to take any pictures. We really liked the models because they kind of have the same feel as AKV. The furniture is dark woods and the carpet was a light hunter green with a cream pattern. If anyone gets the chance ask to see the models amke sure you do. We just bought today and now would like to add-on once the GCV becomes available. Thanks to all of you that helped provide us with great info to purchase into DVC.
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter