"Our First Member Event is Coming to California"

We just spent the afternoon at the expo and went to the member event at night after we bought into AKV. We were so excited to become members that the day was alot of fun for us. Our guide Heidi S. was awesome with us and no pressure sales. I would highly recommend her to anyone. We came down from Canada and I wish we had more money to purchase more points because the incentives were great.

It was posted in one of the above posts that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty
Your guide is mistaken about the GCH model tours, I have two seperate sources in California that have confirmed that the models are finished, and will be on display for the member event.

Nftysqrt quoted:
Looks like your sources were incorrect sorry.

Sory Nftyqrt but dwelty was correct.

While we were waiting to sign all of our papers they allowed us to take the tour. We actually were able to do the tour but were not allowed to take any pictures. We really liked the models because they kind of have the same feel as AKV. The furniture is dark woods and the carpet was a light hunter green with a cream pattern. If anyone gets the chance ask to see the models amke sure you do. We just bought today and now would like to add-on once the GCV becomes available. Thanks to all of you that helped provide us with great info to purchase into DVC.
:cool1:

Congratulations, You will have many years of satisfying vacations. That has been our experience.
We will ask for a tour as soon as we arrive this afternoon.

We just spent the afternoon at the expo and went to the member event at night after we bought into AKV. We were so excited to become members that the day was alot of fun for us. Our guide Heidi S. was awesome with us and no pressure sales. I would highly recommend her to anyone. We came down from Canada and I wish we had more money to purchase more points because the incentives were great.

joech,

Can you share what deal was given to you? I am planning on going down today or tomorrow to buy into AKV, but I'm curious as to whether the deal has changed much for new owners from what it was previously (matching SSR dev points).

Thanks,

Ryan

The new Grand Californian villas will be, in our opinion, the most attractive of all the DVC resorts. We fell in love with all of it the moment we walked through the door. The door itself is stained, not painted, and hints of the Craftsman style. The studio side is similar to current studios, with exception that the tiny wall below the cabinet in the kitchenette has been removed. The one bedroom side seems larger than current units. the kitchen area is
definitely larger, with an added island in the extra space. Across from the kitchen is a hideaway vertical pantry drawer that slides into the wall. Next to that is a large 6 person rectangular dining table with bench seating, and chairs. the ottoman that matches the couch and chair makes the last seat. The kitchen countertop is black/ dark grey, with earthtone tiles on the backsplash in tans, browns and green. Same colors as the exterior
of the hotel. The appliances are stainless steel, but being changed to not stainless. Faucet was brushed nickel. Cabinets are also stained the same as the front door, with black arts, and crafts hardware. The cabinet doors also matched the simple woodwork of the front door. The fridge is alongside the stove, but faces the dining table, with the island in front of it. Basically, the stove and fridge are where the silverware drawers are in other DVC units. The breakfast bar is the same as other DVC units. The first bathroom is in the front hall, across from the side of the fridge, and has tub and shower.
The living room has Craftsman style furniture, stained, not painted wood, with a reddish/dark brown upholstery. There is plain woodwork, ceiling moulding stained. Across from the couch is the Flat screen TV, DVD player in a wall unit. The wall unit folds down horizontally to reveal the single size Murphy bed. Craftsman style stained glass lampshades on the floor lamp. Large windows looking out at DCA, and then a door ala OKW bedrooms to access the balcony, which they built full size indoors. We walked across the
balcony to the glass sliders to the bedroom. The headboard is Craftsman with Craftsman style lights attached. They will change, due to cost, but similar lights will replace them.
Louvered sliding, not folding, shutters between the bedroom and whirlpool. The glass shower is the same style as AKV. Sand color tiles. A border on the bathroom wall is an Arts and Crafts design with characters from Pinoccio. All the bathroom entry doors slide, not swing open. Next to the first bathroom is the stackable washer dryer. There are no angled walls. The carpet is an equal mix of hunter green and sand in a swirled pattern. The walls
are painted a sand color, with the medium stained wood trim.
All in all, I can only say we were VERY impressed.

joech,

Can you share what deal was given to you? I am planning on going down today or tomorrow to buy into AKV, but I'm curious as to whether the deal has changed much for new owners from what it was previously (matching SSR dev points).

Thanks,

Ryan

From my notes last night
Add on 100 points
$8 off point/ 130 points Developer points

Buy/add on 160 points
$8 off point/ 2 AP DLR or WDW/ 3 nights confirmed in a Concierage Collection resort in Tahoe, San Francisco or San Diego OR confirmed 7 night vacation at II exchange (These are already confirmed dates at specific resorts)

Buy/add on 250 points
$8 off/2 AP/DCL 7 night land/sea package 3 nights cruise verandah with 4 nights at SSR

Buy/Add on 350 points
$8 off/ 2 AP/ Free Adventures by Disney choose from 7 tours plus 1 night stay in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse

Buy/Add on 500 points
Same as 350 points BUT can choose any Adventure by Disney (at least one family bought 500 points because all the guides were talking about how they choose the China tour)

They had 15 nights to give away for the Mickey Mouse Penthouse and had 7 "keys" left hanging on the board.

You can also buy SSR but only incentive was $10 off.

We might be going back today to add on 100 points in 2 50 point contracts. My DH is just shaking his head. :rolleyes1

FYI - there is a stand by line if you have NOT registered. They check in members who have registered first and if there is room, folks in the stand by line are allowed in.

From my notes last night
Add on 100 points
$8 off point/ 130 points Developer points

Buy/add on 160 points
$8 off point/ 2 AP DLR or WDW/ 3 nights confirmed in a Concierage Collection resort in Tahoe, San Francisco or San Diego OR confirmed 7 night vacation at II exchange (These are already confirmed dates at specific resorts)

Buy/add on 250 points
$8 off/2 AP/DCL 7 night land/sea package 3 nights cruise verandah with 4 nights at SSR

Buy/Add on 350 points
$8 off/ 2 AP/ Free Adventures by Disney choose from 7 tours plus 1 night stay in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse

Buy/Add on 500 points
Same as 350 points BUT can choose any Adventure by Disney (at least one family bought 500 points because all the guides were talking about how they choose the China tour)

They had 15 nights to give away for the Mickey Mouse Penthouse and had 7 "keys" left hanging on the board.

You can also buy SSR but only incentive was $10 off.

We might be going back today to add on 100 points in 2 50 point contracts. My DH is just shaking his head. :rolleyes1

FYI - there is a stand by line if you have NOT registered. They check in members who have registered first and if there is room, folks in the stand by line are allowed in.

Hi kikiq,

You did much better than I with drawing this out. :) I'm not sure if you went upstairs to talk with a CM, but for those that do, they are offering 220 dev. points for the 160-249 package. I can't remember if they were doing the same with the bigger packages. On their sheet is says Exceptions Only!! (which is why they didn't have it in the presentation), but if you ask, they'll give it to you. Also, they're dev. points that can be used at any DVC resort, II transfer, etc.; they're not restricted to SSR. They do have the normal 12 month usage, though.

:goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for posting the info! It's so exciting. I am sad that we didn't get to go, but since we are waiting for the VGC to add on, it's a little more OK.

That description of the villas is great, I can picture it in my head! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great description and update :hyper: ! We can't wait to get a chance to buy some points there, if they let us!

Can't wait until they let us see some photos, too!

The new Grand Californian villas will be, in our opinion, the most attractive of all the DVC resorts. We fell in love with all of it the moment we walked through the door. The door itself is stained, not painted, and hints of the Craftsman style. The studio side is similar to current studios, with exception that the tiny wall below the cabinet in the kitchenette has been removed. The one bedroom side seems larger than current units. the kitchen area is
definitely larger, with an added island in the extra space. Across from the kitchen is a hideaway vertical pantry drawer that slides into the wall. Next to that is a large 6 person rectangular dining table with bench seating, and chairs. the ottoman that matches the couch and chair makes the last seat. The kitchen countertop is black/ dark grey, with earthtone tiles on the backsplash in tans, browns and green. Same colors as the exterior
of the hotel. The appliances are stainless steel, but being changed to not stainless. Faucet was brushed nickel. Cabinets are also stained the same as the front door, with black arts, and crafts hardware. The cabinet doors also matched the simple woodwork of the front door. The fridge is alongside the stove, but faces the dining table, with the island in front of it. Basically, the stove and fridge are where the silverware drawers are in other DVC units. The breakfast bar is the same as other DVC units. The first bathroom is in the front hall, across from the side of the fridge, and has tub and shower.
The living room has Craftsman style furniture, stained, not painted wood, with a reddish/dark brown upholstery. There is plain woodwork, ceiling moulding stained. Across from the couch is the Flat screen TV, DVD player in a wall unit. The wall unit folds down horizontally to reveal the single size Murphy bed. Craftsman style stained glass lampshades on the floor lamp. Large windows looking out at DCA, and then a door ala OKW bedrooms to access the balcony, which they built full size indoors. We walked across the
balcony to the glass sliders to the bedroom. The headboard is Craftsman with Craftsman style lights attached. They will change, due to cost, but similar lights will replace them.
Louvered sliding, not folding, shutters between the bedroom and whirlpool. The glass shower is the same style as AKV. Sand color tiles. A border on the bathroom wall is an Arts and Crafts design with characters from Pinoccio. All the bathroom entry doors slide, not swing open. Next to the first bathroom is the stackable washer dryer. There are no angled walls. The carpet is an equal mix of hunter green and sand in a swirled pattern. The walls
are painted a sand color, with the medium stained wood trim.
All in all, I can only say we were VERY impressed.

We got to see the model this morning (for some reason the model's were not shown during the member event, you had to ask to see them during the day). I just wanted to say we agree with everything you said. My husband, kids, and I all thought it was beautiful! AKV's are my favorite and I thought these rooms were even nicer. My DS9 loved:love: the murphy bed pull out under the TV. He has claimed this bed as his:) . I thought this was a very clever way of adding an extra bed and when folded up doesn't take up any room. Also, because it is a real mattress(twin size), I think it will be more comfortable than a pull out bed. We also really liked the larger kitchen table, it is very practical and I think you may even be able to seat more than 6 here, esp. if you have little ones. The model reminded me a lot of AKV, but the theming seemed to be a lot lighter(not as dark as AKV, esp. in the bathrooms). After touring, our guide asked if we had any suggestions. She said any suggestions we had would be taken very seriously and they were already making some changes based on previous suggestions. It is nice to know they care about what we think. Overall, we were very impressed and loved the rooms.

Thanks to everyone for posting the info! It's so exciting. I am sad that we didn't get to go, but since we are waiting for the VGC to add on, it's a little more OK.

That description of the villas is great, I can picture it in my head! :goodvibes

And it's even better than that!! :hyper: We went back this morning to look at the models and thinking we might be adding on AKV but no. My DH and I thought if they ever sold 2 bdrm condos furnished, we could live here. And therefore, we have decided that we may need to add on more points than originally thought. :rolleyes1 We sat down at the dining room table with the CM giving us the tour, talked about how the extended family could visit and play together and how we really loved the bigger living room/kitchen area.

We went back to the Expo and talk to the II CM from Florida. She said that they are working on making the Short Stay website user friendly, they are not happy with how it works now. And Mickey and I had a moment:love:
Nothing like rubbing noses with Mickey.

Plus last night we asked our guide if we are Founding Members...YES!!!
Any DVC member who bought their points in California have been grandfathered in as Founding Members. My DH now agrees that we will need to add on a lot more points. :woohoo: We even talked about how many points we needed to live in DVC for a month after we retire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter