Our (My) was May now September 2014 trip plans

I have a very happy husband this weekend :thumbsup2

So wish we could afford Foxtel right now! It's probably for the best though, nobody would ever see me again :rotfl:

My DH deactivated his Faceache account because he didn't want to see the barrage coming his way :laughing:

I'm copping mine on the chin, their turn will come :thumbsup2

I am ANNOYED Qantas!

ANNOYED!!

Using my Qantascash card to pay my cruise off, good exchange rate, has no exchange fees like with a normal credit card.

So I send off the payment to the agent and it comes back REJECTED!

I thought maybe I'd put in a wrong number, and redid a new form to make the payment.

REJECTED!

I'm assuming that they've rejected it because it's an overseas payment, BUT bear in mind this is a card to use when travelling, I'm not thinking if have to inform them that I'm using it for overseas transactions!

Gggrrrrr

Other than that, I've all but decided I'll be getting a premier pass for WDW and DL (hoping for a US summer trip for DL 60th anniversary).

So many new pins to buy, gotta get the discounts!

I am ANNOYED Qantas!

ANNOYED!!

Using my Qantascash card to pay my cruise off, good exchange rate, has no exchange fees like with a normal credit card.

So I send off the payment to the agent and it comes back REJECTED!

I thought maybe I'd put in a wrong number, and redid a new form to make the payment.

REJECTED!

I'm assuming that they've rejected it because it's an overseas payment, BUT bear in mind this is a card to use when travelling, I'm not thinking if have to inform them that I'm using it for overseas transactions!

Gggrrrrr

Other than that, I've all but decided I'll be getting a premier pass for WDW and DL (hoping for a US summer trip for DL 60th anniversary).

So many new pins to buy, gotta get the discounts!

How frustrating would that be when your travelling :scared1:

:cool1: for the premier pass :woohoo:

How frustrating would that be when your travelling :scared1: :cool1: for the premier pass :woohoo:
EXACTLY !!

I wouldn't think I would have to contact them to tell them I'm using it overseas!!

Excited for the premier pass (it means I'm a step closer to a trip next year ROFL)

Boo Qantas :mad: They're not doing much to keep us onside at the moment either!

Yay for the premier pass :banana:

I've always had trouble paying online (or having it entered manually) with prepaid VISAs. I got the CBA travel card for this trip and so far it has worked 3 times. I can't imagine that you would need to tell QANTAS that you are going to do an international transaction. Maybe there is another issue? I'd be interested in what you find out as we are considering the QANTAS card as a backup payment source when we go.

I hope you got the payment through....somehow.....on another card.

YAY for getting a premium pass. Seems like the concensus is you'll need to head back next year. You better tell DH that we all said so....and if we said so, it HAS to come true. :rolleyes1

My DH deactivated his Faceache account because he didn't want to see the barrage coming his way :laughing:

I'm copping mine on the chin, their turn will come :thumbsup2

Did he reactive FaceAche after this weekend's performance? ;)

Did he reactive FaceAche after this weekend's performance? ;)
ROFL

He said "I can't remember my password, so I can't do it"

Oh no for Juddy!

I think he's too old (or he didn't stretch enough, which I find ridiculous ::yes::)

I've always had trouble paying online (or having it entered manually) with prepaid VISAs. I got the CBA travel card for this trip and so far it has worked 3 times. I can't imagine that you would need to tell QANTAS that you are going to do an international transaction. Maybe there is another issue? I'd be interested in what you find out as we are considering the QANTAS card as a backup payment source when we go.

I'm just going to ring them Lisa, I'll let you know what they say ;)

I'm just going to ring them Lisa, I'll let you know what they say ;)

So I just rang them and am really no closer to an explanation of why it didn't work.

He could see the funds sitting there, there is $100USD even in there, which after the payment went through would leave a zero balance (which apparently shouldn't matter).

I have another payment going through which should hit on Wednesday, but i'm going to try two separate payments again so that I know at least one of them will go through.

Interestingly he can put a temporary credit on it but I told him not to bother, i'll just try again later.

So yeah, no reason why...

;)

Sometimes the vendor has a maximum limit on some international cards for security reasons. What if you try an amount under $1000 USD?

Sometimes the vendor has a maximum limit on some international cards for security reasons. What if you try an amount under $1000 USD?

It was only $100USD that they tried, i'm wondering if they tried it and something went wrong but the transaction got stuck in limbo and put a hold on the funds??

I'll try again Wednesday to maybe give it time to clear itself if there was an error either there or here.

I think some payment systems just struggle with visa debits. I used to work in a bank and spent forever trying to sort out these problems for customers. Most if the time there wasn't an explanation!

I think I'll stick to the CBA one since it's worked for me so far! Thanks for keeping us posted, hope you can get things sorted :)

I've now booked our LAX accom via Hotwire, Radisson LAX 3.5* For 1 night when we get in from Orlando for the bargain price of $77AUD

I used the clues on their better bidding site to decipher it so pretty much knew what was the mystery booking

Times a tickin'

Just posting and updating! (and checking my ticker :thumbsup2)

We just ticked over to the three month and something stage of our countdown!

Plans have changed ever so slightly, with a short drive to Vegas on the Sunday after our LAX stay for 2 nights, then 5 nights in Palm Springs.

We were contemplating San Francisco but decided against it as the prices of accommodation was more pricey than New York City.
How is that even possible??

Just posting and updating! (and checking my ticker :thumbsup2) We just ticked over to the three month and something stage of our countdown! Plans have changed ever so slightly, with a short drive to Vegas on the Sunday after our LAX stay for 2 nights, then 5 nights in Palm Springs. We were contemplating San Francisco but decided against it as the prices of accommodation was more pricey than New York City. How is that even possible??

Conference in San Fran maybe? They have a big one scheduled in Sept and Oct - over 40 000 attendees at each. Not sure of your exact dates though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter