Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

Small world! We are in AZ too and we had Dance Nationals in SD at the end of June too! But ours got moved to Phoenix (Biltmore) and a week earlier. This is our first nationals so being close to home vs at the SD Sheraton feels a lot less stressful!

Small world! We are in AZ too and we had Dance Nationals in SD at the end of June too! But ours got moved to Phoenix (Biltmore) and a week earlier. This is our first nationals so being close to home vs at the SD Sheraton feels a lot less stressful!
Our dance Nationals have said they MIGHT move to AZ or NV depending on the environment in CA, but it looks like they're staying the course and doing San Diego. It's our first year on the company roster (rookies don't compete except as soloists in our studio). IF nationals moved, it would affect our DL plans, for sure.

We are hoping to come in August. My interpretation is that there would not be vaccination or testing requirements come June 15–those would only remain for some events. I do know Disney has stated they do not wish to verify vaccination status, so if it is a matter of 7 weeks, I bet they will stick with in-state-only until June 15. It’s not worth the hassle for them, and excluding kids under age 16 is not very Disney.

I'm also hoping by the time out of state folks are allowed in that also coincides with an increase of dining, hours, etc. I didn't even realize until I was reading the Disneyland dining reservation news today how few table service options are open right now. Yikes.

Since I'm planning on Thanksgiving though I'm sure by the time I go things will at least be somewhat back to normal in terms of dining/hours/etc. Although we may sneak out for a quick weekend in August if all goes well... Hard to resist, been waiting so so so long.

I'm also hoping by the time out of state folks are allowed in that also coincides with an increase of dining, hours, etc. I didn't even realize until I was reading the Disneyland dining reservation news today how few table service options are open right now. Yikes.

Since I'm planning on Thanksgiving though I'm sure by the time I go things will at least be somewhat back to normal in terms of dining/hours/etc. Although we may sneak out for a quick weekend in August if all goes well... Hard to resist, been waiting so so so long.

From what I understand many of the cast members chose to not come back for personal reasons, moved away, got another job, etc. That and with limited capacity they do not need as many dining options. As they hire / train more people and increase capacity I am sure more things will open. Same thing happened at WDW, almost nothing was open at first.

Thanks for making this thread! Following along. We wanted to go this year before our youngest turns 3, but that’s not going to happen. Hoping for later this year! We are just as close to WDW but DL is so much better for our family.

We are hoping to go in early August. I have 3-tickets purchased in December 2019 & booked Hojo for our dates. Backup plan is early November. I'm a little worried about August being too hot but we'll be in SoCal already for a beach vacation so I couldn't resist adding on a few days at DLR. Fingers crossed that June 15th drops of the out of state requirement.

From what I understand many of the cast members chose to not come back for personal reasons, moved away, got another job, etc. That and with limited capacity they do not need as many dining options. As they hire / train more people and increase capacity I am sure more things will open. Same thing happened at WDW, almost nothing was open at first.

I expect you're right! It's surprising to see so many of the food options not even open in SWGE. While some things may still be closed for awhile (WDW doesn't even have everything open yet!)- I'm hoping it will be minimal.

Blue Bayou will likely open sooner than later since they've already advertised the drink menu and such.

I simply have not wrapped my head around all the info yet, hoping someone can help me! Want a quick get away weekend in October. Thinking about purchasing a package from GETAWAY TODAY for hotel and tickets. I was an AP holder, and already have rooms reserved for December but no tickets yet. Is it ok to purchase even thought I am out of state?
Yes, we are both fully vaccinated etc....just trying to make up for our trips last year in October and December!

I simply have not wrapped my head around all the info yet, hoping someone can help me! Want a quick get away weekend in October. Thinking about purchasing a package from GETAWAY TODAY for hotel and tickets. I was an AP holder, and already have rooms reserved for December but no tickets yet. Is it ok to purchase even thought I am out of state?
Yes, we are both fully vaccinated etc....just trying to make up for our trips last year in October and December!

Definitely! I always use Get Away Today and have a hotel reserved for November with them. They'll just add your park tickets to your package when they're available to out of state folks. You can't make park reservations until 60 days out anyways so it should all work out if the June 15th date lifts the restriction.

We've had a rezzie at VGC for June 27-29 for several months, as we are going on to Hawaii (Maui, followed by Aulani) from there. We were resigned to the possibility that the parks would either not be open or not be open to us. We're feeling fairly hopeful at this point, given the June 15 date, but who knows. My wife and I and our 17 yo daughter are all fully vaccinated, but we have an 11 yo son, who obviously isn't and won't be prior to our trip. As of right now, we have to test for the Hawaii piece of the trip anyway, so he'll be getting a test anyway. Anyway, we'll be at VGC regardless and hope that we'll also be able to visit the parks. We shall see!

Eh, not fretting, just going. I’ve learned through the last year that the CA and DL policies can change at the drop of a hat (December anyone?). But then we’re empty nesters, so we don’t have any scheduling restrictions.
May 19-22 just because
September 27-October 1 Halloween
November 15-19 Thanksgiving
December 6-10 Christmas
January 24-28 Birthday, anniversary
Still waiting to book April 2022 Birthday

I'm in AZ, and had an AP last year. But I also had a few tickets because I was planning to take kids for solo trips later in 2020. I would love to run over for a day in each park the very end of July. Maybe. It would just be me, and I might decide it's too hot to mess with masks, or that I'd rather save my tickets and go a little later. Super playing it by ear. Later this fall I'd like to come back twice, once with my 14-year-old son, and once with my 13 and 11 year old daughters, maybe in November. But nothing planned at this point. We're not planning to get the vaccine, which could be an issue, I guess. :-/ I'd happily get a Covid test to go to Disneyland though! Just wait and see at this point, I guess. I'll be really curious to see what's up with the new membership program, but I know it could be some time before that's even talked about.

We would probably wait until things like MaxPass are back but we purchased my wife’s mother at Target for Christmas 2019 with the intention on joining us APers in 2020. Well, this crazy thing happened in 2020....

Not entire sure what the story is on expiration for those tickets but figuring we will probably make a trip at some point this year. Would prefer to not have to worry about masks all day.

We would probably wait until things like MaxPass are back but we purchased my wife’s mother at Target for Christmas 2019 with the intention on joining us APers in 2020. Well, this crazy thing happened in 2020....

Not entire sure what the story is on expiration for those tickets but figuring we will probably make a trip at some point this year. Would prefer to not have to worry about masks all day.
I don't foresee masks disappearing this year. Maybe by summer 2022. Nor do I foresee the return of MaxPass this year. (It is a possibility, but considering WDW hasn't brought back FP yet, I doubt we will see FP anytime soon.

Now, I'm not trying to be funny, but curious how you purchased your wife's mother at Target?

I'm thinking you left out something like you bought her a ticket. Tickets will likely expire end of 2021.

I don't foresee masks disappearing this year. Maybe by summer 2022. Nor do I foresee the return of MaxPass this year. (It is a possibility, but considering WDW hasn't brought back FP yet, I doubt we will see FP anytime soon.

Now, I'm not trying to be funny, but curious how you purchased your wife's mother at Target?

I'm thinking you left out something like you bought her a ticket. Tickets will likely expire end of 2021.

Ha! Whoops!

Yes, I don’t expect masks to be gone or MP to be back this year. I said we “would” have waited but can’t because of expiring tickets.

Ha! Whoops!

Yes, I don’t expect masks to be gone or MP to be back this year. I said we “would” have waited but can’t because of expiring tickets.

The value of the ticket never expires so you could apply it to future ones... or just visit this year and enjoy. 😊

Tbh, I was really apprehensive about doing WDW with no Fastpass and masks all day and we had a great time. I think if we see mask rules relaxed significantly it'll happen at WDW first though.

The value of the ticket never expires so you could apply it to future ones... or just visit this year and enjoy. 😊

Tbh, I was really apprehensive about doing WDW with no Fastpass and masks all day and we had a great time. I think if we see mask rules relaxed significantly it'll happen at WDW first though.
Thanks for the reminder. Much to mull over.

We had plans to go middle of May, but have pushed that back to November. Now we are thinking of pushing that back again as we just changed our August DC Trip to WDW (DC just not open yet, though news of Smithsonian starting to open just released) so we need to look at timing and figure out when to return to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter