Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

We had a trip booked for the end of May but ended up canceling since we needed to make a decision regarding our DVC points. We have another trip planned in October so I'm hoping that one sticks. I desperately want to go to Avenger's Campus once it opens but even if the park is open to non-CA residents in June, my husband wants us to wait until our trip in October.

Disney Parks Blog: Know Before You Go- Disneyland

Of note since all the "will they or won't they" vaccines out of state guest changes:

"Also, be sure you have proof of California residency with you as only California residents may visit the parks at this time. You may be asked to show such proof of residency, as necessary."

I think we all figured Disneyland wasn't going to take advantage of that leniency, too complicated for them, but I think this pretty much confirms it. If they were planning on accepting vaccinated out of state folks they'd have said it by now.

We had a trip booked for the end of May but ended up canceling since we needed to make a decision regarding our DVC points. We have another trip planned in October so I'm hoping that one sticks. I desperately want to go to Avenger's Campus once it opens but even if the park is open to non-CA residents in June, my husband wants us to wait until our trip in October.

I was a-ok waiting until they announced the Avengers Campus news and it drove me nuts... our canceled 2020 trip was planned around being there opening week. Oh well... it will still be there when we go... Just a serious case of FOMO.

I'm happy to wait for our November plans now though... that state guideline rollercoaster is miserable to be on.

I was a-ok waiting until they announced the Avengers Campus news and it drove me nuts... our canceled 2020 trip was planned around being there opening week. Oh well... it will still be there when we go... Just a serious case of FOMO.

I'm happy to wait for our November plans now though... that state guideline rollercoaster is miserable to be on.

Yes! FOMO is real. I’m hoping that by the time we go (Oct and Nov), things will have settled down somewhat.

I bought my tickets to visit the Disney exhibit at Bowers Museum for June 5! I am so darn happy they extended that exhibit. I was supposed to visit it last May, then again in September when I pushed the May trip because I was just sure there was nooooo way Disneyland would still be closed then. 😉

I'm not holding out hope they will change the plan before June 15 to allow out of staters into the theme parks but I'll still be getting a disney fix by visiting DTD and the Bowers Museum. Next tentative trips are a few days in October and then the full week after Thanksgiving which will be our Grand Californian splurge trip.

Ugh... watching some of the live streams of the CM Previews today on YouTube and just want to cry I miss it so much! :sad:

That's all I want to do today but work people keep harassing me expecting me to work. And it's making me grumpy. I have watched a few things and dang, it's both thrilling and sad at the same time because I want to go soooo bad.

That's all I want to do today but work people keep harassing me expecting me to work. And it's making me grumpy. I have watched a few things and dang, it's both thrilling and sad at the same time because I want to go soooo bad.

I'm supposed to be grading papers but I'm not getting much done. :rotfl2:

After watching all these videos I'm telling myself I'm not sure if I can even wait until November! Might have to move that date up a bit....!

Ugh... watching some of the live streams of the CM Previews today on YouTube and just want to cry I miss it so much! :sad:
I was watching them too... then I started yelling at the tv because they were getting their information wrong on some things. I mean.... I think they should let us in if we can answer questions about what is open and what isn't correctly. (and that the blue milk served at Oga's is non-alcoholic). Maybe if we just all sit at the gate with big sad puppy eyes....

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos yet, but I hope I will this afternoon. Work has been really bus, and my 4-year-old got sick. Blah to real life issues needing my attention. 😜

Any one else getting excited? I bought all my gift cards yesterday so I can order tickets as soon as it opens up for OOS people. Our trip is now fully paid for with the exception of Ubers and off property purchases. Fingers crossed for October.

Any one else getting excited? I bought all my gift cards yesterday so I can order tickets as soon as it opens up for OOS people. Our trip is now fully paid for with the exception of Ubers and off property purchases. Fingers crossed for October.

Definitely! I'm just waiting for Southwest to release their flight dates for the rest of the year and then I'm gonna nab our plane tickets for Thanksgiving week before they get outrageously expensive.

I debated moving our trip up to October but my schedule is rudely getting in the way of my Disneyland aspirations.

I have reservations pretty much every month after July at off site hotels, so I can see what will work with my schedule (and Disney's), and money in my account just waiting to be used for that specific purpose...

I have reservations pretty much every month after July at off site hotels, so I can see what will work with my schedule (and Disney's), and money in my account just waiting to be used for that specific purpose...

I have some of this going on too! August, October and November hotel reservations and see what ends up sticking.

I teach college and our campus can't seem decide what classes are in person and online... they've switched me back and forth three times already. Hoping for online so we can be free as a bird to head to Disneyland.... so that's my deciding factor at this point.🤞

Welp, I bought (changeable) plane tickets for beginning of August and pinning all my hopes on that June 15th date. If it doesn't pan out, I'll just delay our dates but I decided I just can't wait any longer than that if I don't have to. 😂

Two Disney trips in one summer (going to WDW in June)... I can hear the comments now from my friends that already refer to me as the weird Disney adult.

Welp, I bought (changeable) plane tickets for beginning of August and pinning all my hopes on that June 15th date. If it doesn't pan out, I'll just delay our dates but I decided I just can't wait any longer than that if I don't have to. 😂

Two Disney trips in one summer (going to WDW in June)... I can hear the comments now from my friends that already refer to me as the weird Disney adult.

I booked a week at Grand Californian for the first week in December. I've given up that anything will change for my June trip since it's right before June 15. Oh well! At least I'll get a DTD fix and can have some churro toffee. Then I'm going to WDW with a friend next February for the 50th. So I'll be a weird Disney adult with you. :D

I booked a week at Grand Californian for the first week in December. I've given up that anything will change for my June trip since it's right before June 15. Oh well! At least I'll get a DTD fix and can have some churro toffee. Then I'm going to WDW with a friend next February for the 50th. So I'll be a weird Disney adult with you. :D

Disney adults unite!

The Grand is definitely worth the wait too! 😍

I'm still holding out hope for my early July trip. We have to be in San Diego 6/27-7/3, so it would make it so easy to just hop up to Anaheim after that for a few days to use our five-day hopper tickets. But that depends on whether we'll be allowed to go. I'd REALLY rather not have to drive out there again this summer. Or in October. Or maybe December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter