Owners locker

No issues with our OL in late September when we went, worked like always. Unfortunately Universal won't allow this service at their hotels. A shame, I always comment about it in my post-stay surveys.
Last time we stayed at Portofino Bay, they kept our car in front with our luggage inside as the storage room was full.

Last time we stayed at Portofino Bay, they kept our car in front with our luggage inside as the storage room was full.
Yeah I don't think they have anything close to the luggage storage capacity of the Disney resorts. Pretty much every other hotel in Orlando seem to be able to make it work though 🤷‍♂️

Again, the issues were arising around Halloween, so stays back in September and earlier in October aren't reflective of the situation. The comments were along the lines of:

I have seen several posts about bell services refusing to transfer owners lockers on split stays. I reached out to John from Owners Locker today regarding an upcoming split stay. He stated that he recently had a meeting with the head of wdw resorts. There was a misunderstanding circulating amongst the resorts/bell services, that owners lockers fit in to the perishables category. That situation has been resolved. If a situation arises regarding transfer of owners locker, please reach out to John at Owners Locker.

Yes, could have been on fb but I can’t remember. I was thinking for sure there would have been some discussion here if it was a change of policy with bell services.
It was definitely a thing. At least one other FB thread included screen shots of texts/emails with John, the owner of OL and he most definitely had to talk to Disney about the situation (several times I think because the incidents were maybe a week or so apart).

Again, the issues were arising around Halloween, so stays back in September and earlier in October aren't reflective of the situation. The comments were along the lines of:

It was definitely a thing. At least one other FB thread included screen shots of texts/emails with John, the owner of OL and he most definitely had to talk to Disney about the situation (several times I think because the incidents were maybe a week or so apart).
Ok thank you. I’m not planning to put perishables in the OL, but this makes sense as to why the post I saw wasn’t detailed about why. The luggage costs for the airline we fly went up AGAIN so the locker seems to be a necessity as we are habitually over packing.

Thank you for taking the time to gather and post these. I appreciate it, and I’m sure others do too.

Ok thank you. I’m not planning to put perishables in the OL, but this makes sense as to why the post I saw wasn’t detailed about why. The luggage costs for the airline we fly went up AGAIN so the locker seems to be a necessity as we are habitually over packing.
I could see someone using their OL to move stuff from one fridge to another and not saying anything to anyone, then complaining that it went bad/melted/spilled, whatever. We have two lockers, and one is only maybe half full, so I can see the appeal, but also wouldn't do it.

I didn’t realize Universal doesn’t allow delivery. I was going to book 5 nights in October…guess I’ll just book at Disney instead. Ha.

No issues just a couple of weeks ago. It was dropped off at Riviera and I had it transferred to BLT. It was held there while we were on our cruise and we had it delivered to our room once we got back. The only time I had an issue was when we stayed at a Universal hotel and I had to pick it up from the warehouse myself as Universal does not allow them to deliver to any of those hotels.
LadybugsMum - A quick question based on your post - Did you have bell services transfer your owner's locker? I have an upcoming split stay in March at Pop Century and Boardwalk Inn - and would like to have my locker delivered from Pop to the Boardwalk. Thanks for any information.

LadybugsMum - A quick question based on your post - Did you have bell services transfer your owner's locker? I have an upcoming split stay in March at Pop Century and Boardwalk Inn - and would like to have my locker delivered from Pop to the Boardwalk. Thanks for any information.
Yes, it was picked up by BS at Riviera and transferred to BLT where it was held until we got back from the cruise.

So Disney bell services will transfer our Owner’s Lockers between resorts on a split-stay? That would be awesome.

I thought that refrigeration was ok, just not frozen stuff. Is that no longer the case?

By the way, if I pick up my Owners Locker does that save the delivery charge, or am I assessed some kind of convenience fee? $30/trip is not insignificant, which is why I ask.

I thought that refrigeration was ok, just not frozen stuff. Is that no longer the case?

By the way, if I pick up my Owners Locker does that save the delivery charge, or am I assessed some kind of convenience fee? $30/trip is not insignificant, which is why I ask.
No refrigeration of any kind.

I’ve never considered picking up my OL so not sure about that. Maybe call and ask.

The warehouse is way over off John Young Parkway at the Turnpike, basically on the other side of Epic Universe. I don't know how valuable your vacation time is, but a detour over there to pick up and drop off a locker doesn't seem to offset the delivery charge in my mind (even if you do it on your way to/from MCO). Plus, I believe the warehouse is only staffed for customer pickups from 7 am to 7 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter